Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

The adata is a AHDD330

The RAID is a Promise Pegasus 3 R6

The thing is that I also noticed that whenever the render starts, it says for instance 20 minutes, but after like 5 minutes it starts to get slow, very very slow, and the computer is unusable, everything gets reall slow, the Finder, Chrome, very slow
Can you please answer the questions related to which USB/TB3 port each drive is connected to? Have you tried running Blackmagic Disk Speed Test on each of the two drives? The test should be run 3 times to see if performance slows down as the drives heat up.

Yes, that's the approach we need to take. Have you already tried it? If not, please post the IOReg file from IORegistryExplorer (File --> Save As...).
Here it is attached. This is booted through OC and WEG renames the GPU original name (attached in the previous post, which is booted natively) to GFX.

Attachments

• Big Sur (2).zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 60
Here it is attached. This is booted through OC and WEG renames the GPU original name (attached in the previous post, which is booted natively) to GFX.
Please try the attached SSDT. Some notes:
  • It's best to copy your working EFI folder to the EFI partition of a USB flash disk and add this SSDT to the USB flash disk. In case the boot process crashes, you can always boot from the normal EFI on the internal SSD.
  • To boot the system with the new EFI, press the appropriate function key at the BIOS Splash Screen to open your BIOS Boot Menu, then select the USB flash disk.
  • Also note that this method of disabling a GPU may no longer work under latest versions of Catalina and Big Sur.

Attachments

• SSDT-Disable-GPU-Ext.aml
    227 bytes · Views: 69
Please try the attached SSDT. Some notes:
  • It's best to copy your working EFI folder to the EFI partition of a USB flash disk and add this SSDT to the USB flash disk. In case the boot process crashes, you can always boot from the normal EFI on the internal SSD.
  • To boot the system with the new EFI, press the appropriate function key at the BIOS Splash Screen to open your BIOS Boot Menu, then select the USB flash disk.
  • Also note that this method of disabling a GPU may no longer work under latest versions of Catalina and Big Sur.
It works. Thanks! So you used this path for construction of SSDT?
Code:
IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IOU1@7/IOPP/PXS2@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@4/IOPP/GFX1@0
Just curious what is the logic?

Hi, guys! I just started buying parts to build my hackintosh again. So i bought the Z490 Vision G.

I want to ask about BIOS updates of the board .Does anyone know which version is stable, so that I can update to it.
To prevent any issues....with the build....?

Thanks.

Hey @CaseySJ

I have a question. It's not really urgent. So if you're busy, it doesn't need an answer right away.

So, at any rate, here is the question: on my Z490, I have a OWC TB 10Gb adapter plugged in to one of the two USB C TB ports. I have found that if I have anything else plugged in to either of the two TB ports or the USB ports that are tied into those two, I lose the OWC TB 10Gb adapter, and it does not initialize.

It would seem to me that I should be able to use the both of the USB C ports or the USB A ports above them or any combination of them with no effect back and forth, but that's not true. It seems if both are used, I may lose the other and vice versa.

Have you seen this issue with other users? Any thoughts?

Hey @CaseySJ

I have a question. It's not really urgent. So if you're busy, it doesn't need an answer right away.

So, at any rate, here is the question: on my Z490, I have a OWC TB 10Gb adapter plugged in to one of the two USB C TB ports. I have found that if I have anything else plugged in to either of the two TB ports or the USB ports that are tied into those two, I lose the OWC TB 10Gb adapter, and it does not initialize.

It would seem to me that I should be able to use the both of the USB C ports or the USB A ports above them or any combination of them with no effect back and forth, but that's not true. It seems if both are used, I may lose the other and vice versa.

I’ve had a similar issue. I believe it is to do with USBInjectAll. I created my own USB map keeping to the 15 port limit and that seemed to fix any issues I was having. This was only in Big Sur mind you, in Catalina, all ports were recognised, no matter what was plugged in.

Is there a way to set the default audio to load/boot on internal speakers ?

Every time the macOS boots up, it plays the chime through the headphones which is a good indication;
alcid = 28 in -> boot-args on the Z490 Vision D is working great as I have the green port on the back of the Vision D as set to internal. I got a front panel audio jack as set to headphones. For some reason it sets the default audio to play through headphones (Front Panel) not the green Rrear Back I\O.

Please try alcid=11 and then Audio Out 0 to 4.

Hey @CaseySJ

I’ve had a similar issue. I believe it is to do with USBInjectAll. I created my own USB map keeping to the 15 port limit and that seemed to fix any issues I was having. This was only in Big Sur mind you, in Catalina, all ports were recognised, no matter what was plugged in.
@Higgie

In addition to reducing the number of USB ports to 15, did you also need to disabled XhciPortLimit?
Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 10.16.59 AM.png

Back