Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@RandC , did you get any luck with sleep/wake problem? I have Z490 Aorus Pro and use Yobo Wifi/BT card plugged into the internal USB 2.0 port. Same problem as yours - if I unplug the USB sleep/wake works beautifully, once I plug it back in, the hack sleeps and immediately wakes back.

@RandC , did you get any luck with sleep/wake problem? I have Z490 Aorus Pro and use Yobo Wifi/BT card plugged into the internal USB 2.0 port. Same problem as yours - if I unplug the USB sleep/wake works beautifully, once I plug it back in, the hack sleeps and immediately wakes back.
Sometimes it helps to move the WiFi/BT card to a different PCIe slot. Also have a look at the Sleep Aid:

Spoiler: Change disk volume label shown in OpenCore Picker
@CaseySJ
Would you mind adding how to save in terminal vi.
I found out after doing a quick look up to press Esc, :w to save, then :x to Quit
Sure; I've modified Step 9 as follows:

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 4.30.36 PM.png

Last edited:
Sometimes it helps to move the WiFi/BT card to a different PCIe slot. Also have a look at the Sleep Aid:

Sad fact is that I don't have slots available. Titan Ridge, 10GBe, RX580 and the only one suitable for the wifi card is the 1x slot next to the CPU. But I recall when I was just building the hack and had no RX580 yet, I put the wifi card into 16x slot and then moved to 4x (where Titan sits now) and it was the same. I don't think it's the slot though, the wake comes from USB. As soon as I unplug the USB everything works just fine (but I lose BT).

I just tried to ditch the 15-port limit patch and create a USB map for my MB. No dice :( Maybe the issue is because this internal port is not directly connected to the XHCI controller, it sits on the USB 2.0 hub (the port the hub is connected to is marked "internal" in my map, but that doesn't help). Maybe, just maybe, MacOS considers all hub ports "external"?
Next thing (after trying SleepAid) I'll try is to build a cable from the external USB port to the wifi/bt card, mark the external port "internal" in the map and see what happens (insert kitten meme here).

Thanks for the SleepAid! Let me try.
Later: I did everything listed there :( "Process of elimination" is how I found the culprit, I've looked at pmset log and started unplugging USB devices.

Last edited:
A Gigabyte Z590 Vision G build! Yes Z590.

And Maple Ridge(?) Thunderbolt 4 working just fine on Asus Z590 Maximus XIII Hero (still needs SSDT for hot plug):

Can't wait for the Maple Ridge firmware adventure

A Gigabyte Z590 Vision G build! Yes Z590.

And Maple Ridge(?) Thunderbolt 4 working just fine on Asus Z590 Maximus XIII Hero (still needs SSDT for hot plug):

Because macOS only supports one Bluetooth controller at a time, we should of course remove the USB Bluetooth dongle when testing the Fenvi Bluetooth.

Please describe what is meant by "losing Bluetooth at random times" (not loosing)? For example:
  • Does the Bluetooth icon on menu bar switch to the "disabled" version with squiggly lines in it?
  • Do one or more Bluetooth devices disconnect?
    • If so, what are the makes/models of those devices?
    • If they are Apple Magic Mouse and Apple Magic Keyboard, we do not recommend using them. Logitech wireless mice and keyboards are far more reliable on Hackintosh.

When I only use the Fenvi, some minutes after boot, the bt icon gets the squiggly line through it and says Bluetooth disabled. I am using both Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse, but also Sony bluetooth headphones - none of which can connect. As I said, it has worked flawlessly for about 6 months, only started on Friday

@hughythomas @emistral @TijuanaKez

are you all using CaseySJ OpenCore folder / each version update folder and just changing your details in the config.plist, if so try and delete AudioDxe.efi from the Drivers folder, this might help with the slow boot to the opencore picker screen.
Yes I am. I usually will copy Casey folder and will compare my config.plist to his and adjust mine manually.

I am experiencing the same problem with my AMD B550 Vision D with an ASRock RX 5600 XT GPU and macOS Big Sur 11.3 Beta. I do not recall experiencing this problem with an earlier Big Sur.

This is my conclusion as well. In Windows the screen does not blank out momentarily. I'm hoping this gets fixed in 11.3 Release version.

You're not alone. :)

This seems to be a problem with the RX 5000 series driver so hopefully it will be fixed in an upcoming macOS update.
I can confirm that I have the same problem on my Z490 and 5600 XT. The screen will black out randomly and sometime will even change the resolution. This is particularly true upon wake up where for no reason the screen is 4k 30hz rather than 4k 60hz. Then if I move the mouse and click in any app, the screen blacks out then switches to 4k 60hz and back to normal. But it also happens after boot for no reason. I have never found a solution :(
But for my the problem is on DP not HDMI and only under macos. Under windows 10, the screen never blacks out.

Back