Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi,
No luck for me this time updating to OC-067 (was using intel-wireless, or the no wifi version).:cry:
when i boot from USB key or from the drive, i have a black screen with nothing...
- reset NVRAM
- used hackinDrom to transfert config.plist
- tried to use IntelMausi.kext instead of IntelMausiWOL.kext that i was using
- removed SSDT-RX580.aml that i was using
- for info i'm using RX580 with 2 monitors DP and DVI
No idea what could happened.

Hi,
No luck for me this time updating to OC-067 (was using intel-wireless, or the no wifi version).:cry:
when i boot from USB key or from the drive, i have a black screen with nothing...
- reset NVRAM
- used hackinDrom to transfert config.plist
- tried to use IntelMausi.kext instead of IntelMausiWOL.kext that i was using
- removed SSDT-RX580.aml that i was using
- for info i'm using RX580 with 2 monitors DP and DVI
No idea what could happened.
Hello @zedoc,

The problem may be due to OpenHfsPlus.efi, which I failed to remove from the 0.6.7 EFI ZIP (Intel Wireless ZIP only). This has now been replaced with the standard HfsPlus.efi. Please do the following:
  • Delete both of the ZIP files from your post above. They are using 100MB, which is too much storage space online.
  • Download the newly updated OpenCore 0.6.7 EFI zip from the Intel Wireless post:

Last edited:
Conclusion: Rocket Lake, on average, offers a performance upgrade above Skylake/Comet Lake in some instances. But, under certain workloads (avx512), the chip draws significant amounts of power and almost melts down with the temperatures. Ryzen 5800x is still the dominant x86 8-core processor. In some instances, especially in gaming, the 11700k performs worse than the 10700K.

Also, the article states there seems to be latency issues with the L3 cache (worse than Comet Lake), and I have heard rumors that Intel is going to release a microcode update to address this.

All in all, unless something changes between now and launch day, I don’t get the point of Rocket Lake at all, given that Alder Lake is coming soon. Hopefully, Intel can iron out whatever seething issues that still exist.

I was also waiting to get the 11th gen. But, man o man, I hear stories on youtube and other sites reviews. Intel has become a disaster now a days. You can wait for Alder lake but who can say that that one is not going to be also disappointed.

Last edited:
Did you reset NVRAM? (Space bar at openCore boot). Remember that after this reset the default boot disk may have changed! In this case do not forget to select it and at OC boot and then in system preferences -> boot disk
After reinstalling 0.6.7 and resetting NVRAM, HackIntool normally recognizes the change to 0.6.7.
I did another NVRAM reset and I see 0.6.7 now. I would have thought me removing a GPU and clearing CMOS would have done it, but maybe I did those in a different order than I thought.

Hello @zedoc,

The problem may be due to OpenHfsPlus.efi, which I failed to remove from the 0.6.7 EFI ZIP (Intel Wireless ZIP only). This has now been replaced with the standard HfsPlus.efi. Please do the following:
  • Delete both of the ZIP files from your post above. They are using 100MB, which is too much storage space online.
  • Download the newly updated OpenCore 0.6.7 EFI zip from the Intel Wireless post:
Thanks again @CaseySJ
Looks like it was a problem with OpenHfsPlus.efi.
replacing it with HfsPlus.efi solve the problem :headbang:

I was also waiting to get the 11th gen. But, man o man, I hear stories on youtube and other sites reviews. Intel has become a disaster now a days. You can wait for Alder lake but who can say that that one is not going to be also disappointed.
A shame. I was excited for Rocket Lake not necessarily because I wanted to purchase it, but because I wanted to see Intel come back so x86 has good competition and we consumers win.

However, given the early Anandtech data, it just further reinforces that what AMD has done with Zen3 is remarkable. Pricing is a bit high but performance great.

Although one thing I will caveat is, it could be that the early rocket lake bios have issues... I know the Gigabyte Vision D f20 series (which added rocket lake support) has major problems. So let’s see what happens when Intel and its partners iron out the bugs.

Last edited:
  • Does the kernel panic occur if you do not use your audio application(s)?
  • If you just use the computer for web browsing, email, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, etc. then does the system crash?
Hi, the kernel panics always happen just after the comp boot, when it reach the desktop and try to connect the UAD then it have a hard reboot. I will try different settings in the BIOS but if this problem persist I will load your firmware, How must be loaded? in windows? Thanks for your support

** To Fix OpenCore Version Reporting **

After updating to OpenCore 0.6.7 it is possible that Hackintool and OpenCore Configurator will report that OpenCore 0.6.6 (or any previous version) is still installed. To fix this problem, please make the following simple change to config.plist. Will add this to the next EFI release when OC 0.6.8 is released in April.
full

Last edited:
Hi,
It happens to me like once or twice in a month that macOS fails to boot and I get the screen shown in the picture, at the top left of the screen it says: "OCB: StartImage failed - Aborted".
I have Opencore 0.6.3, is there anything I can do to solve it?
failed macos boot no entrance.jpeg

Hi,
It happens to me like once or twice in a month that macOS fails to boot and I get the screen shown in the picture, at the top left of the screen it says: "OCB: StartImage failed - Aborted".
I have Opencore 0.6.3, is there anything I can do to solve it?
View attachment 511359
Hello @nss,
  • Do you have multiple operating systems installed such as Windows and/or Linux?
  • When you get this error, just go to BIOS Setup --> Boot and set first boot priority to the name of your macOS SSD.

Back