Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

my bad, I sincerely apologize for that!!!
Have you managed to solve the problem? If not, please do the following:
  • Update OpenCore Configurator (OCC) to version 2.29.0.0.
  • Then select OpenCore 0.6.7 Development Version from OCC Preferences.
Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 6.13.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 6.13.18 AM.png

• When OCC restarts, open your config.plist and save it back. Now KeyMergeThreshold will be removed from the XML schema.
  • Reboot.

Hello everybody,
I am getting ready to build my third Hackintosh, my first based on Opencore. I'm a pretty timid Hackintosher, easily confused and once I get a build running well I don't tinker if I can avoid it because I do use it as my main workstation. This Z490 Vision D system seemed like the best combination of power and compatibility.

The only meaningful difference between my parts list and that of this guide is my graphics card: Radeon Vega FE. Are any changes required to support this older card?

After getting everything up and running, I'm hoping I can add a second matching graphics card for use in DaVinci Resolve. Most "dual gpu" reports I can find are about using a different Nvidia card for Windows. Anyone have experience using dual gpu's in MacOS?
The Vega Frontier Edition has been used successfully, but if you notice high fan speeds it may require a custom Power and Fan Curve injection as detailed here:

Hi, I have the Asus Thunderboltex 3-TR and UAD Apollo 8 Quad, and the card is working. But I have randomly kernel panics, and I can't go up more than 96KHz. I could fix this with the mod firmware?

Have you managed to solve the problem? If not, please do the following:
  • Update OpenCore Configurator (OCC) to version 2.29.0.0.
  • Then select OpenCore 0.6.7 Development Version from OCC Preferences.
View attachment 511024View attachment 511025
  • When OCC restarts, open your config.plist and save it back. Now KeyMergeThreshold will be removed from the XML schema.
  • Reboot.
Great, thank you very much!

will this effect hackintosh........?

View attachment 511029
Well hackintosh runs x86 natively so probably not... as I understand it, this affects M1 Macs, not x86 ones. I think this could potentially negatively affect Mac sales, however, depending who those 'certain countries' are. But, if most developers update their apps for M1/ARM, then it could be a moot point.

Reactions: jd6
Hi, I have the Asus Thunderboltex 3-TR and UAD Apollo 8 Quad, and the card is working. But I have randomly kernel panics, and I can't go up more than 96KHz. I could fix this with the mod firmware?
The modified firmware may solve the 96KHz limit issue, but not the kernel panic issue. We need to follow a "process of elimination" to try and isolate the problem that is causing kernel panic. Have you tried to determine the circumstances under which the kernel panic occurs, and the circumstances under which it does not occur?

Well hackintosh runs x86 natively so probably not... as I understand it, this affects m1 Macs, not x86 ones. I think this could potentially negatively affect Mac sales however, depending who those 'certain countries' are. But if most developers update their apps for m1/arm, then it could be a moot point.
oke super thnx 4 the reply

Back