Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

The release notes for OC 0.6.7 clearly state that KeyMergeThreshold has been removed. So you know what to do?
I have no idea what to do, tell me how to fix it.

I have no idea what to do, tell me how to fix it.

A 'please' would be nice, but it is not rocket science. Casey has at least given you a clue. You must be willing to help yourself a little.

All three M.2 slots work. The slot closest to CPU is PCIe 4.0 complaint, but also compatible with PCIe 3.0. If you insert a PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD in that slot, then:
  • You will get PCIe 3.0 speeds with Comet Lake CPUs (10th Gen)
  • You will get PCIe 4.0 speeds with Rocket Lake CPUs (11th Gen)
thank you very much CaseySJ: for you fast replay

Here's an idea of what your post could have said:
I have no idea what to do, could someone please tell me how to fix it?
See how much better that is than just demanding things of people who have literally already done 99.9% of the work for you?

If you don't know what you are doing to the point that you can't work it out from Casey's reply, why are you even trying to update to 0.6.7 yourself?

This is nuts. $600 for an eight core CPU? (and, reviews show that these things run HOT, like really, really hot).....I paid $350 for my 10 core 10850K.....Intel seems like a company wildly out of touch with reality....
Yes indeed, very nuts. AMD is looking very appealing now because Intel is not that worthy anymore, i think. No wonder Apple abondend them.

See how much better that is than just demanding things of people who have literally already done 99.9% of the work for you?

If you don't know what you are doing to the point that you can't work it out from Casey's reply, why are you even trying to update to 0.6.7 yourself?
Politeness goes a far way.

Hello @arquicion,
  • Which USB device are you using?
  • Most USB-C cables only support USB 2.0 speeds so we need to check if the cable supports USB 3.0. For example, here is one such cable:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0874HH4ZZ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
Thanks for your answer.
I’m using some NVMe disks in a NVMe to USB C case that was tested to work at USB 3.2 gen2 speeds in the USB C from the back panel (10gbps).
I guess that there’s something related to this case's front panel chip.
Have you ever test this this USB C front panel header?

A 'please' would be nice, but it is not rocket science. Casey has at least given you a clue. You must be willing to help yourself a little.
My bad. I sincerely apologize for that!!!

Hello everybody,
I am getting ready to build my third Hackintosh, my first based on Opencore. I'm a pretty timid Hackintosher, easily confused and once I get a build running well I don't tinker if I can avoid it because I do use it as my main workstation. This Z490 Vision D system seemed like the best combination of power and compatibility.

The only meaningful difference between my parts list and that of this guide is my graphics card: Radeon Vega FE. Are any changes required to support this older card?

After getting everything up and running, I'm hoping I can add a second matching graphics card for use in DaVinci Resolve. Most "dual gpu" reports I can find are about using a different Nvidia card for Windows. Anyone have experience using dual gpu's in MacOS?

Back