Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I was able to reproduce your problem. Fortunately it can be fixed by:
  • CMOS Reset
  • Configure BIOS parameters again per Post #1 (starting with F7 to Load Optimized Defaults)
Now OpenCore Picker should appear with SecureBootModel set to Default.

@CaseySJ thanks for your answer!
With SecureBootModel set to default, I'm getting the same errors.
With it set to disabled, installation seem to go past the bunch of tx_flush it used to get stuck, but enden up on another tx-flush...

May I totally change subjects and ask you about some other thing has been happening to me?
Ever since I resetted NVRAM to do this, computer boots directly to the Windows installation. I managed a workaround by using the Install Catalina Flash Drive and pressing F12 on every boot. Sorry for having you dealing with so basic stuff..

Something came up, so I extracted the firmware now.I look forward to your kind cooperation.
Attached are two versions of the modified firmware. Please test them one by one. After flashing each one, check System Information --> Thunderbolt to see whether Thunderbolt Bus is activated. If it is, then we can create a proper SSDT, but we'll need the following two files:
  • MaciASL --> File --> New from ACPI --> System DSDT
  • IORegistryExplorer --> File --> Save As...

Attachments

• Z490i-Unify-NVM56-MODs.zip
    886.1 KB · Views: 30
@CaseySJ thanks for your answer!
With SecureBootModel set to default, I'm getting the same errors.
With it set to disabled, installation seem to go past the bunch of tx_flush it used to get stuck, but enden up on another tx-flush...

May I totally change subjects and ask you about some other thing has been happening to me?
Ever since I resetted NVRAM to do this, computer boots directly to the Windows installation. I managed a workaround by using the Install Catalina Flash Drive and pressing F12 on every boot. Sorry for having you dealing with so basic stuff..
After resetting NVRAM, we must go to System Preferences --> Startup Disk and set the default boot disk back to our macOS SSD.

Hi @CaseySJ

I have a gigabyte Z490 Vision G coupled with an intel i7 10700 and once in a while I get a Stop sign at boot.
In these cases, the boot process, stops saying something like this "OCB: STARTIMAGE FAILED - ABORTED".

Does it have to do with Kernel allocation?
Are you aware of ways of solving this?
Thanks for your help.

Built a Hackintosh for a friend of mine today, copying my build pretty much exactly. Doing this reiterated how smooth a process this is thanks to all @CaseySJ’s hard work! From a bunch of loose components to a fully working Hack in under 2 hours! Thanks again Casey.

Hi @CaseySJ

I have a gigabyte Z490 Vision G coupled with an intel i7 10700 and once in a while I get a Stop sign at boot.
In these cases, the boot process, stops saying something like this "OCB: STARTIMAGE FAILED - ABORTED".

Does it have to do with Kernel allocation?
Are you aware of ways of solving this?
Thanks for your help.
Hello @zzmadd,

Please try this suggestion first...

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 11.24.26 AM.png

Have you tried setting UEFI | Output | ConsoleMode = Max in your config.plist file.

That property was blank originally in the @CaseySJ OC066 ZIP file; changed it to "Max" and rebooted to zero effect.

Hi @CaseySJ

thank you so much for your golden build and the excellent documentation you provides for us!

This is my first Hackintosh and your OC 0.6.6 Intel-iGPU-EFI works just perfect for my configuration: Gigabyte Z490 Vision D rev. 1.1, F20b, i5-10400, Intel UHD Graphics 630 (2560 x 1440 @ 30 Hz with Eizo 4k CS2740), Fenvi T919, 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3000MHz Ram, 2 x Sabrent Rocket NVMe 1TB, dual boot Windows 10 and Catalina 15.7, 2 HDD and 1 SSD from my real Mac Pro 3,1.
  • I have only one „issue“ left: the computer will not really go to sleep (wakes up a few seconds after shut down) and the display stays black afterwards ("no signal"). I have to manually do a „restart“ of the signal connection via the monitors administrator settings and then the screen comes back again. I am using the SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml and all ports seems to work properly. I have also disabled the usual suspects in the system preferences. Is it due to the Fenvi card?
Thanks

After resetting NVRAM, we must go to System Preferences --> Startup Disk and set the default boot disk back to our macOS SSD.
That's not working for me...
Did I mess up..?
EFI folder is in its place in the Catalina SSD...
But it's not visible in BIOS as a Boot option

Hi @CaseySJ

thank you so much for your golden build and the excellent documentation you provides for us!

This is my first Hackintosh and your OC 0.6.6 Intel-iGPU-EFI works just perfect for my configuration: Gigabyte Z490 Vision D rev. 1.1, F20b, i5-10400, Intel UHD Graphics 630 (2560 x 1440 @ 30 Hz with Eizo 4k CS2740), Fenvi T919, 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3000MHz Ram, 2 x Sabrent Rocket NVMe 1TB, dual boot Windows 10 and Catalina 15.7, 2 HDD and 1 SSD from my real Mac Pro 3,1.
  • I have only one „issue“ left: the computer will not really go to sleep (wakes up a few seconds after shut down) and the display stays black afterwards ("no signal"). I have to manually do a „restart“ of the signal connection via the monitors administrator settings and then the screen comes back again. I am using the SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml and all ports seems to work properly. I have also disabled the usual suspects in the system preferences. Is it due to the Fenvi card?
Thanks
Hello @PeterAF,

Welcome to the forum and glad to hear the build went well. Sleep issues are most commonly caused by misbehaving USB devices, typically those connected internally, such as:
  • Liquid all-in-one coolers (with USB connection)
  • RGB lighting controllers (with USB connection)
  • Smart power supplies (with USB connection)
  • Bluetooth (USB data cable)
We always go through the Process of Elimination to identify the culprit. This is easily done by disconnecting all internal USB connections and then connecting only one of them at a time.

Back