Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi, Kraken X63 working perfect, you can configure it in Windows (dual boot/virtual machine). In my case it's not affecting sleep. I have slightly modified EFI (but I don't think it affects sleep). Please notice that if you have very big Photos library, it can take up to 3 days till the sleep start work as it should, because system doing a lot of work after a clean install. At least that was my case.
The NZXT X73 can be configured from within macOS as well, by using Jonas Malaco's liquidctl that is maintained on GitHub. Instructions are located right here in this thread:

CaseySJ nevermind got it to work!

Have you checked that csr-active-config is set to 0x00000000 in your config.plist file? Don't forget to clear your nvram if you make a change.
You were right !
The ß2 has been successfully installed and has the 20E5686d version.
Then I have been able to install the full version downloaded on Apple servers.
This version does not have the same build number but this one 20E5686e.
Does it mean that developers are trying to track the bugs coming either from the update build or the fresh install one?

Hi I just succeed in installing Mojave with your guidance, too.
However my Gigabyte RX5700XT does not give any display option, and I can't set up Ethernet connection.
Did you succeed?
Thanks in advance for your support.
Mac
I am trying to do the same, but no joy. Are you using OpenCore to install Mojave, and what version? I changed the Emulate to the same config. I cannot get it to boot from the USB to install. Just Apple Logo.

I am trying to do the same, but no joy. Are you using OpeCore to install Mojave, and what version? I changed the Emulate to the same config. I cannot get it to boot from the USB to install. Just Apple Logo
You can install it with VMware Fussion. I just did it on Big Sur

I am trying to do the same, but no joy. Are you using OpenCore to install Mojave, and what version? I changed the Emulate to the same config. I cannot get it to boot from the USB to install. Just Apple Logo.
OC 0.6.6, but different EFI, of course. You create an install Mojave key with createinstallmedia Apple procedure, and then paste your new EFI.
Worked from the 1st try for me.

@tdcam of course VM works, I have all OSX available from Leopard server to Big Sur running both on Parallels Desktop and VMWare Fusion. But it is not the same challenge as a direct boot. :)

OC 0.6.6, but different EFI, of course. You create an install Mojave key with createinstallmedia Apple procedure, and then paste your new EFI.
Worked from the 1st try for me.

@tdcam of course VM works, I have all OSX available from Leopard server to Big Sur running both on Parallels Desktop and VMWare Fusion. But it is not the same challenge as a direct boot. :)
I got it to start loading the OS with OC 0.6.6 but, when the progress bar finishes, it just stays on a black screen. Never gives me the language screen before install. Any ideas?

Did you activate the verbose?
How do you usually boot your Catalina or Big Sur?
I took my Big Sur EFI (the one from Casey), just modified the values indicated in the post et voila.
No, where do you activate Verbose? I used my Catalina EFI and tried that. No joy, so I grabbed the OpenCore 0.6.6 for Vision D, then copied my config over. I got it to boot but then doesn't start the install page.

Back