Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hey @CaseySJ! I finally got all the components; a Z490 Vision D, new CPU and new memory.

I've set it all up and used your 0.6.6 OpenCore but cannot seem to get Thunderbolt working

Is there something I need to do / change?

It doesn’t seem to detect my UAD Apoll,o and I done a hardware reset, too.

Please help if possible.
Please set BIOS —> Thunderbolt Boot Support to “Boot Once”. Then connect and power up the UAD Apollo and boot macOS.

Hi @CaseySJ

first of all a huge thank you for the excellent guide you put together for us!

I got Catalina 10.15.7 up and running in little to no time thanks to your work. My setup is as follows:

Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Ultra
i5-10400
iGPU
32GB RAM
1TB Intel 665 NVMe SSD

I have only one issue left, that is the screen is not woken up after sleep. The system istself comes up,
but only black screen on my display :(. I can login on vnc from another hackintosh, but cannot find a way
to revive the screen other than rebooting. Do you have any hint where to look into this problem?

I already tried changing the screen from Display Port to HDMI and I also tested with another display, but
it didn''t change a thing :(

Do you have any hint for me other that getting an AMD Gfx card? :)
Hello @ralle12345

Because you have a Z490 Aorus Ultra (not Vision D or G), have you configured your USB ports properly?

Hi @CaseySJ
I haven't flashed thunderbolt firmewere. However, my hot plug was working just fine with owc dock. however, the hot plug just stoped working. Can you check the files and let me know if the thunderbolt configured properly?

Attachments

• Anu’s iMac.ioreg
    24.4 MB · Views: 36
  • EFI( Feb 19).zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 9.34.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 9.34.09 AM.png
    239.6 KB · Views: 36
Please compress and post your EFI folder, but remove serial numbers from PlatformInfo --> DataHub.
Here it is.

You'll notice SecureBootModel is set to disabled.
If I change SecureBootModel to default, instead of hanging at the spot where I took pictures, it shows this error messages and goes back to Bootpicker:

OCSB: No suitable signature - Security Violation
OCB: Apple Secure Boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcing!
OCB: LoadImage failes - Security Violation

Thanks for chiming in @CaseySJ

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    49 MB · Views: 47
Hi @CaseySJ
I haven't flashed thunderbolt firmewere. However, my hot plug was working just fine with owc dock. however, the hot plug just stoped working. Can you check the files and let me know if the thunderbolt configured properly?
Everything is still configured properly. Some things to try:
  • Power cycle the dock.
  • Cold boot the computer (shutdown and flip power switch on PSU to OFF for 10 seconds, then power back on).
If this fails to resolve the problem, perform a CMOS Reset by following the procedure in motherboard manual. All BIOS parameters will need to be configured after a CMOS Reset, starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). It is essential that F7 be selected first because it implements a baseline configuration. The BIOS settings prescribed in Post 1 are meant to be delta-changes made on top of the optimized defaults.

This is interesting as I have also noticed an increase in temp on my system, but I also updated the bios and figured it was due to that. I’m also about +10c higher in temps. Maybe I’ll build the kexts one by one and see what’s going on...
Seems that the issue may be related to NVMEFix.kext and/or the CPUID mask. I disabled both of these as they are not in use in my custom EFI. CPU temps dropped. I didn't test one at time to isolate the culprit, I just disabled both in one fell swoop.

Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 10.49.09 AM.png

lewys: hi​

can you Share you experience about the NZXT AIO, cause I want to buy also the z53 kraken but I hear that sleep is not working will but I see you said its not a problem, how about the pomp does it make much noise and is constant at 100% and fans also that's what I hear at some Hackintosher's sites also here at tonymac site, so pleas till me more about it ... thanks in advance
Hi, Kraken X63 working perfect, you can configure it in Windows (dual boot/virtual machine). In my case it's not affecting sleep. I have slightly modified EFI (but I don't think it affects sleep). Please notice that if you have very big Photos library, it can take up to 3 days till the sleep start work as it should, because system doing a lot of work after a clean install. At least that was my case.

Reactions: jd6
Here it is.

You'll notice SecureBootModel is set to disabled.
If I change SecureBootModel to default, instead of hanging at the spot where I took pictures, it shows this error messages and goes back to Bootpicker:

OCSB: No suitable signature - Security Violation
OCB: Apple Secure Boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcing!
OCB: LoadImage failes - Security Violation

Thanks for chiming in @CaseySJ
I was able to reproduce your problem. Fortunately it can be fixed by:
  • CMOS Reset
  • Configure BIOS parameters again per Post #1 (starting with F7 to Load Optimized Defaults)
Now OpenCore Picker should appear with SecureBootModel set to Default.

Both of them do the same thing, which is to edit config.plist. You can either use OCC or directly edit the file.
Thanks adding uia_exclude=HS11 to the boot-args worked and now the system sleeps properly.

Back