Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Are you using the pre-configured OpenCore 0.6.6. EFI for Intel Wireless from here

Yes, I used "OC-066-Intel-Wireless-VISION-D" and modified:
-System Product Name (to 20,2) / Serial / System / MLB / ROM number
- SecureBootModel to Default

I managed to both install (from usb) and boot Mojave on Z490 Vision D with i9 10850K.
Use iMac19,1 as SystemProductName and for Emulate area (i9 9900K):View attachment 509377
What version of OpenCore did you use, and firmware on the Z490 vision D? Awesome news.

I managed to both install (from usb) and boot Mojave on Z490 Vision D with i9 10850K.
Use iMac19,1 as SystemProductName and for Emulate area (i9 9900K):

Nope, I have NZXT X63 AIO cooler and sleep/wake works fine

lewys: hi​

can you Share you experience about the NZXT AIO, cause I want to buy also the z53 kraken but I hear that sleep is not working will but I see you said its not a problem, how about the pomp does it make much noise and is constant at 100% and fans also that's what I hear at some Hackintosher's sites also here at tonymac site, so pleas till me more about it ... thanks in advance

Hey @CaseySJ! I finally got all the components; a Z490 Vision D, new CPU and new memory.

I've set it all up and used your 0.6.6 OpenCore but cannot seem to get Thunderbolt working

Is there something I need to do / change?

It doesn’t seem to detect my UAD Apoll,o and I done a hardware reset, too.

Please help if possible.

Use iMac19,1 as SystemProductName and for Emulate area (i9 9900K):View attachment 509377

Hi I just succeed in installing Mojave with your guidance, too.
However my Gigabyte RX5700XT does not give any display option, and I can't set up Ethernet connection.
Did you succeed?
Thanks in advance for your support.
Mac

Good afternoon, I just try to install the ß2 of 11.3, 20E5186e (not "d" which is supplemental update) and I can't open this installer to go ahead.
Do you face the same issue?
One friend told me he face the same issue with his Z390 Designare and he can't get any delta version through software update (developer account of course).

Good afternoon, I just try to install the ß2 of 11.3, 20E5186e (not "d" which is supplemental update) and I can't open this installer to go ahead.
Do you face the same issue?
One friend told me he face the same issue with his Z390 Designare and he can't get any delta version through software update (developer account of course).

Have you checked that csr-active-config is set to 0x00000000 in your config.plist file? Don't forget to clear your nvram if you make a change.

Hi @CaseySJ

first of all a huge thank you for the excellent guide you put together for us!

I got Catalina 10.15.7 up and running in little to no time thanks to your work. My setup is as follows:

Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Ultra
i5-10400
iGPU
32GB RAM
1TB Intel 665 NVMe SSD

I have only one issue left, that is the screen is not woken up after sleep. The system istself comes up,
but only black screen on my display :(. I can login on vnc from another hackintosh, but cannot find a way
to revive the screen other than rebooting. Do you have any hint where to look into this problem?

I already tried changing the screen from Display Port to HDMI and I also tested with another display, but
it didn''t change a thing :(

Do you have any hint for me other that getting an AMD Gfx card? :)

Hi I just succeed in instaling Mojave with your guidance too.
However my Gigabyte RX5700XT does not give any display option and I can't set up Ethernet connection.
Did you succeed?
Thanks in advant for your support.
Mac

The RX5700XT is not supported on Mojave, the earliest support for that card is one of the Catalina point releases, 2 or 3 I think it was.

Hi I just succeed in instaling Mojave with your guidance too.
However my Gigabyte RX5700XT does not give any display option and I can't set up Ethernet connection.
Did you succeed?
Thanks in advant for your support.
Mac
RX 5500, 5600, and 5700 GPUs are not supported in Mojave. They were first supported in Catalina 10.15.2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back