Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hey ! First of all, I would like to warmly thank @CaseySJ for this wonderful build!

I followed all the steps to the letter and set up my config with "OC-066-Intel-Wireless-VISION-D"
Everything seems to work well!
The bluetooth seems to work well too (even if my screens do not correspond to post # 2961, my Airpods work, I haven't tested other devices so far) but the wifi does not work. .
Does someone have an idea ? (Otherwise I will consider buying the Fenvi t919)
Hello @Lulujam,

Please check if OpenCore Configurator --> Misc --> Security --> SecureBootModel is set to Default (not Disabled). This is a prerequisite for the OpenIntelWireless driver (AirportItlwm).

I also have a problem with Safari, on many pages, I have this error message: "A problem repeatedly occurred with" after the page has refreshed several times in a row.
Does this happen on certain pages only or on all pages? Have you tried clearing history (History --> Clear History...)?

It looks like site is not accessible this time. But I manage to generate keys with OpenCore Configurator. Thanks!
That looks better.

Is there a way to fix the monitor wake issue? CPU sleep/wake is okay so far.
Please try a different monitor, preferably one that supports both DisplayPort and HDMI, but lacks any legacy ports such as DVI and VGA. Also try performing a factory reset on the existing monitor via its on-board menu.

That looks better.

Please try a different monitor, preferably one that supports both DisplayPort and HDMI, but lacks any legacy ports such as DVI and VGA. Also try performing a factory reset on the existing monitor via its on-board menu.
okay i will try it in different monitor. Well it's just a minor issue for me. System is just running flawlessly, thank you so much!

oh i forgot, front panel audio output isn't working, rear/internal outputs work just fine

okay i will try it in different monitor. Well it's just a minor issue for me. System is just running flawlessly, thank you so much!
Once your AMD GPU arrives, the Asus VA24EHE might ("might" does not mean it "will") work properly with it (including waking up from sleep). At that time I would suggest switching the iGPU to headless mode by transferring your serial numbers into config-AMD-GPU.plist and renaming it to config.plist

oh i forgot, front panel audio output isn't working, rear/internal outputs work just fine
Are you trying to be Steve Jobs, "One more thing..."? :) Check the audio header cable. If you have Windows or Linux on this machine, check if front panel audio works there.

CaseySJ:​

couple of days ago you said I discourage Samsung EVO Pro NVMe M.2 SSD, and you suggest (a) Sabrent Rocket, (b) ADATA SX 8200/8200 Pro, (c) Silicon Power because Samsung runs hot. But I see tonymac puts Samsung SSDs in the Buying Guide. Can you explain more a bit and which of this three are best. I always thought Samsung was good for Hackintosh, and. also to others, please share you experience about.

( Sabrent Rocket, (b) ADATA SX 8200/8200 Pro, (c) Silicon Power)
Many people are using Samsung 970 EVO Pro on Hackintosh. The drive will work, but it tends to run hotter than the other models I mentioned because macOS does not perform power management on the Samsung SSD controller.

If you use a good NVMe heat sink and have good airflow inside the case, you will be okay with Samsung 970 EVO Pro.

Which memory to buy:
Samsung B die vs hynix vs micron.....?
My recommendation is any name brand DDR4 3200MHz memory. DIMMs from G.Skill, Micron (Crucial), Corsair, OLoY, Patriot, and many others are perfectly okay.

Reactions: jd6
Go to Gigabyte's website > the motherboard you're getting page > Support > Manuals > Support List > Memory Support List

For the Gigabyte Z490 Vision D > https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z490-VISION-D-rev-1x/support#support-doc

The Memory Support contains all the memory makes which Gigabyte tested with the Z490 Vision D. This list is a good place to start when looking for compatible memory.
i have seen the qvl list but the odd is that some memory kits are not listed in the mb qvl but the brand of the memory mentioned the z490 vision d in their qvl lis. strange

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to enable TB Bus on GC-TITAN RIDGE 2.0. I used a modified (5v to 3.3v) CH341a programmer to flash and used GC-Titan-Ridge-V2.0-Mod-NVM50-CaseySJ.bin as a custom firmware. Before flashing compared the original NVM50 firmware with a modified one and have found only few differences, so the choice was right I think.

But with a modified firmware GC-TITAN RIDGE doesn't work at all. No output to LG UltraFine display at all (during boot either), macOS does not detect it: no PCI devices (including Hackintool and IORegistryExplorer), no hardware found in Thunderbolt section instead of 'No drivers were loaded', it just disappears completely. Have the same situation in Windows.

My MB is ASUS Z490-E Strix, so the TB_HEADER is not compatible with TITAN RIDGE. I tried to connect pins in THB_C together, but it did not help.

If I flash an original firmware back it starts working as before, without TB Bus.

I also have ThunderboltEX 3-TR AIC, which is compatible with ASUS MB and works much better. But there's no modified FW for it. Maybe someone could help with it?

Original firmwares I've read from GC-TITAN RIDGE 2.0 and ThunderboltEX 3-TR attached.

Attachments

• gc-titan-ridge-v2-original-blue.bin.zip
    276.1 KB · Views: 45
  • thunderboltex-3-tr-original.bin.zip
    443.3 KB · Views: 38
Back