Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

i was watching a YouTube video on gamer nexus:

he say: "Do Not Use Z490 Motherboard Auto Settings"

any one knows what he means by that and how to use them I watched all the way but still don't understand what he means exactly ..........?

"Do Not Use Z490 Motherboard Auto Settings"
Probably related to the automated overclocking, which most Z series mobos now have.

ah ok, so this can disabled or not if yes, how....
Look for an overclock setting in the UEFI. Some other Vision D owners could give you a tip as to where it is. I don't own one of these cutting edge boards.

Reactions: jd6
ah ok, so this can disabled or not if yes, how....
It is natural for every new owner to ask a lot of questions, and that is why we have an extensive build guide in Post #1. Please have a look at both the Tech Talk and Troubleshooting / FAQs sections. In Tech Talk, for example, we have this:

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 2.22.56 PM.png

i was watching a YouTube video on gamer nexus:

he say: "Do Not Use Z490 Motherboard Auto Settings"

any one knows what he means by that and how to use them I watched all the way but still don't understand what he means exactly ..........?
Auto settings may set the voltage too high, causing excessive heat. It is best to tweak the cpu voltage, frequency, load line calibration, etc., by hand.

Thank you for clarifying. Alas @Higgie is not going to be happy. Unfortunately I mentioned incorrectly that someone had reported the Razer Core X to work with original firmware.
I experimented some more today and couldn’t get it to work, so unfortunately that looks to be correct! No problem though. It was a long shot to begin with. I got a good deal so I doubt I will lose money. If any of my fellow UK Hackintoshers with flashed firmware are after a Razer Core X, hit me up!

Hello @JMMeFF,

I noticed that there's no Serial number assigned to your system. Your first screenshot (About this Mac) shows that serial number is ** Enter System Serial Number **. Have you specified System Serial Number, Board Serial Number (MLB), System UUID, and ROM in the PlatformInfo --> DataHub section of config.plist as indicated in the guide?

Also note that F1/F2 are meant to change screen brightness. They are not associated with sleep/wake. It sounds as if your monitor does not wake from sleep unless you disconnect and reconnect the video cable. Is that right? If so, what is the make/model of the monitor and are you using the HDMI port on one of the two Thunderbolt ports?
i haven't done entering those serial numbers as i'm confused on where to get it. Is it base on the iMac19.1 system provided in hackintool or should i use the z490 board details? sorry for the question i don't really get this section.

My monitor is ASUS VA24E connected via iGPU HDMI, it's behaving exactly as what your saying. when the monitor turned-off, either i off/on the power switch or disconnect/reconnect the cable to get it back

Strange behavior in Mojave, internal audio ALC1220 and Intel's i225-V don't work. For audio Lilu, AppleALC and AppleHDAController is shown in kextstat. In Catalina is all up and running with same config.plist. Is there supplemental work to do on audio for Mojave ?

i haven't done entering those serial numbers as i'm confused on where to get it. Is it base on the iMac19.1 system provided in hackintool or should i use the z490 board details? sorry for the question i don't really get this section.

My monitor is ASUS VA24E connected via iGPU HDMI, it's behaving exactly as what your saying. when the monitor turned-off, either i off/on the power switch or disconnect/reconnect the cable to get it back
The easiest way to populate serial numbers is by visiting the HackinDROM website and doing the following:
Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 6.32.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 6.35.02 AM.png

Back