Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hey @CaseySJ i’m moving over to intel as I need to use Waves plugin with Logic. You really helped me out with the thunderbolt SSDT for my theadripper build.

I’m planning to buy

Vision 490 D Motherboard
Intel 10900K CPU

I saw that you have your EFI in this thread. Is that literally ready to go? Everything enabled and set up for the Vision D mobo?

Am I right in thinking this will include the thunderbolt ssdt suitable for the built in thunderbolt controller?

I will again be using my UAD Apollo thunderbolt device.

Currently using the Titan-ridge I didn’t need to flash the controller but of course I don’t have hot plug working, but the device works fine.

i wouldn’t mind being able to use hot plug but it does seem like a ball ache

i will be using a 5700 xt gpu, are there many steps to do to make this run optimally?

I am using a pci express card with the BCM94360CD chip currently for WiFi and bouetooth

does your efi have the onboard Bluetooth and WiFi disabled? With my current motherboard I physically removed the WiFi 6 cards disabling the onboard Bluetooth, just trying to figure out what steps I’d need to do to use the pci express Bluetooth and WiFi card and disable the built in ones. Wondering if I would again be best off physically removing the card?

lastly, is the vision 490 d the best motherboard for the intel 10900k or is there something better / more recommended. I have 256gb ram in my current aorus trx40 extreme and I’d like to use it with whatever motherboard I get, but the vision d only seems to support up to 128gb. But if you recommend it above all others I’ll just forego the Extra 128gb...

Hi all I have a new z490 Build unfortunately with an h100i liquid chiller. It looks like it uses port xx03 . Is there a simple way to disable this port so that I can enable sleep? I did a little research and it seems like the h100i interferes with sleep which I can confirm. Thanks!
Please click Clear All and then Refresh. Then post screenshot.
Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 2.46.51 PM.png

Hey @CaseySJ i’m moving over to intel as I need to use Waves plugin with Logic. You really helped me out with the thunderbolt SSDT for my theadripper build.

I’m planning to buy

Vision 490 D Motherboard
Intel 10900K CPU

I saw that you have your EFI in this thread. Is that literally ready to go? Everything enabled and set up for the Vision D mobo?
Hello @darkenergy2020,

The EFI in this thread is ready to go. Just need to add or copy serial numbers into PlatformInfo as described in the build guide.

Am I right in thinking this will include the thunderbolt ssdt suitable for the built in thunderbolt controller?
Yes.

Currently using the Titan-ridge I didn’t need to flash the controller but of course I don’t have hot plug working, but the device works fine.

In the BIOS configuration section of the build guide (Post 1), look for Thunderbolt Boot Support and set it to Boot Once.

i will be using a 5700 xt gpu, are there many steps to do to make this run optimally?
It will work out of the box with the EFI folder. Just choose config-AMD-GPU.plist as described in the build guide.

I am using a pci express card with the BCM94360CD chip currently for WiFi and bouetooth

does your efi have the onboard Bluetooth and WiFi disabled? With my current motherboard I physically removed the WiFi 6 cards disabling the onboard Bluetooth, just trying to figure out what steps I’d need to do to use the pci express Bluetooth and WiFi card and disable the built in ones. Wondering if I would again be best off physically removing the card?
The onboard Intel Bluetooth and WiFi functions are disabled. Simply install your Broadcom WiFi/BT card and it should be good to go. But leave the Intel CNVi module installed because it can be used by both Windows and Linux.

lastly, is the vision 490 d the best motherboard for the intel 10900k or is there something better / more recommended. I have 256gb ram in my current aorus trx40 extreme and I’d like to use it with whatever motherboard I get, but the vision d only seems to support up to 128gb. But if you recommend it above all others I’ll just forego the Extra 128gb...
Alas, both Z490 and the upcoming Z590 are still limited to 128GB. While Z590 is the new kid on the block, there are no Hackintosh builds based on that system yet. Among the products available today, Z490 is the best motherboard for the Intel 10900K. Remember that the same Z490 can also accommodate Rocket Lake-S (Intel 11900K). However, Rocket Lake-S is limited to 8 cores/16 threads.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 7.38.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 7.38.43 PM.png
    694 KB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 7.45.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 7.45.35 PM.png
    640.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Thanks attached I get a smaller list with the updated Hackintool
The Corsair H100i is not listed in the new screenshot, which is to be expected because it's connected to a USB 2.0 hub. Please run IORegistryExplorer and scroll down to XHC. If you expand HS11 you should see the H100i. Please post screenshot.

The Corsair H100i is not listed in the new screenshot, which is to be expected because it's connected to a USB 2.0 hub. Please run IORegistryExplorer and scroll down to XHC. If you expand HS11 you should see the H100i. Please post screenshot.
Thank you! Please find attached screen shot

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 8.10.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 8.10.57 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 37

I’m planning to buy

Vision 490 D Motherboard
Intel 10900K CPU

That's the exact setup I have, and it worse flawlessly. No issue at all. UAD Apollo Quad TB3 runs fine. You cannot hot swap TB inputs, but would you need to? I never disconnect it from my system.

Thank you! Please find attached screen shot
As expected, the H100i is on HS11 hub. Now the bad news!! We cannot disable just the H100i. We would need to disable the entire USB hub (port HS11) so everything connected to it will disappear from macOS.

As expected, the H100i is on HS11 hub. Now the bad news!! We cannot disable just the H100i. We would need to disable the entire USB hub (port HS11) so everything connected to it will disappear from macOS.
Ugh thanks! After checking I guess that doesn't work as it would disable the NZXT fans? I guess I will just wait for rocket lake and change the chiller and CPU then. Thanks for your help! System works great!!!

I've tried out the new BIOS for the Vision D (20b) and it did not work well for me. Sleep is working perfectly for me with the 20a BIOS, but with 20b it just doesn't. The computer always wakes up again, immediately.

Back