Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Each EFI attached as you asked
This looks fine:
  • Windows disk has its own EFI partition that contains the Windows boot loader
  • MacOS disk has its own EFI partition that contains OpenCore
  • The rest of the disk configuration is quite normal
The only thing I can do now is examine all the ACPI files in your OpenCore OC/ACPI folder. Please compress the OC/ACPI folder and upload.

@Ploddles,

When OpenCore 0.6.7 is released next month I am thinking of fully enabling SIP with 0x00000000. In your experience is there any reason why we should not do this? In other words, we can enable SIP by default and let users disable SIP on an as-needed basis...

I do do do agree :)
Before El Capitan it was the standard and if you know what you do there is NO reason for permanently activating SIP ;-)

I do do do agree :)
Before El Capitan it was the standard and if you know what you do there is NO reason for permanently activating SIP ;-)
Thanks for the feedback. However, do you mean “there is no reason for permanently DEactivating SIP”??

To be sure, I first attempted the macOS update (on the Z390 Designare Test Bench) with csr-active-config E7030000, and it failed. Then I changed it to 00000000 and off it goes...
1612668543620.png

CaseySJ if you want to know how to turn off this awful pink wallpaper tinting you see in your screenshots, let me know. IF you like it, that's fine too.

Thanks for the feedback. However, do you mean “there is no reason for permanently DEactivating SIP”??
My bad ;-)
did not read carefully...
For me there is no reason to activate SIP if you work in a proper way.

This looks fine:
  • Windows disk has its own EFI partition that contains the Windows boot loader
  • MacOS disk has its own EFI partition that contains OpenCore
  • The rest of the disk configuration is quite normal
The only thing I can do now is examine all the ACPI files in your OpenCore OC/ACPI folder. Please compress the OC/ACPI folder and upload.
when red highligted patch option is enabled, it causes `acpi-bios-error` on win boot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 14.00.43.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 14.00.43.png
    173.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
when red highligted patch option is enabled, it causes `acpi-bios-error` on win boot.
Good observation!
  • This option is for rare cases where macOS does not stay asleep due to certain USB/Bluetooth devices.
  • When enabled, only power button can wake the computer.
  • When enabled, it affects all operating systems. OpenCore does not provide a means of conditionally applying this ACPI change to a particular OS.
So the only thing we can do is:
  • Remove and replace problematic USB/Bluetooth devices that prevent macOS from sleeping, and therefore disable this option.
  • Or enable this option, but always boot windows through BIOS Boot Menu (not through OpenCore).
Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 5.15.37 AM.png

Update: Warning added to Troubleshooting / FAQ section in Post 1:

Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 5.22.36 AM.png

Last edited:
My bad ;-)
did not read carefully...
For me there is no reason to activate SIP if you work in a proper way.
Okay, last time I promise...

Are you saying that System Integrity Protection should always be turned OFF as long as we work in a "proper way"? In other words, no system protection?

Back