Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I thought the problem was with Samsung NVMe HFS+ Structure.
Any drive formatted as HFS in Disk Utility will be affected, particularly when used in RAID.
Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 2.32.26 PM.png

Glad to hear it!! That was quite a journey.

In a moment I will remove OpenHfsPlus.efi from all three OpenCore 0.6.6 Zips and replace it with HfsPlus.efi.
  • Z490 Vision D
  • Z390 Designare
  • B550 Vision D
All of these build guides and their corresponding config.plists on HackinDROM website have now been updated to use standard HfsPlus.efi.

Anyone not using HFS-formatted SSDs can continue to use their existing OpenCore 0.6.6 setups. Anyone with an HFS-formatted SSD is advised to download the OpenCore 0.6.6 ZIP file once again and follow the mini-guide to configure config.plist. Do NOT use existing config.plist from OpenCore 0.6.6.

@CaseySJ:

You know, last night when I was having trouble, I read on the insanely site OC thread that even some of OC's developers were advocating not using OpenHfsPlus.efi, so I switched back to HfsPlus.efi. I wonder if that was what was causing some of my issues? The only problem with that logic is that I'm strictly APFS, but I wonder if there are other issues with OpenHfsPlus.efi, maybe causing problems outside of just HFS?

Wish I had thought of that earlier today, might have helped you shorten the troubleshoot.

Even Andrey1970 (an OC developer) was all for dropping using OpenHfsPlus.efi.

Glad you guys diagnosed the issue. Casey’s the man. Cheers.

Hi all and of course Hi @CaseySJ :)
I am trying to install a fresh copy of Catalina on a dedicated SSD. I am currently working on BS 11.2 perfectly fine.
I prepared a Catalina key and added the OC bootloader used to boot for BS (OC0.65).
When I start the machine and try to boot from the key, I am stuck on the Apple logo. :(
After enabling the verbose, here is the message I get:
"opencore prelink patcher for com.apple.driver Apple HIDK keyboard not found"
I don't understand what's happening, and how to solve it as the EFI is exactly the same.
Your help is as usual appreciated ;-)
Cheers

Thunderbolt is configured properly. Please note that flashing the Thunderbolt firmware is not necessary. We flash the firmware only if our Thunderbolt peripheral does not connect with the standard firmware.

What are the exact makes and models of your Thunderbolt devices?
With unflashed firmware my Blackmagic UltraStudio recorder3g would not get recognized .. ever.. with the flashed firmware is does get recognized, but only if I plug it in before booting. I was hoping to get hotplug working as well. TB3 or even if just for USB 3 devices. Now the ports are useless unless I have something plugged in before boot. Is that possible with this mobo ?

@CaseySJ I am just about to update OC to 0.6.6 and realised that under the EFI fodler, apart from the BOOT and OC folders I also have an APPLE folder and inside that folder a subfolder labelled FIRMWARE and in that folder there is one file labelled IM191.fd
I noticed this APPLE folder a while ago but forgot to ask on this forum if it was normal to have such folder. I have kept a copy of my EFI since 0.6.1 and this APPLE folder only started to appear in 0.6.4.

Back