Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I tried to update BIOS to F20a, and all seemed to go well. But the option to pick Initial Graphics (Pic express or Internal) was not present. It would not boot unless I selected Load optimized settings. I thought file may be corrupt, so I installed F8 BIOS and same thing. I can boot with Load optimized settings. But, if I change anything, I have boot failure. Here is the screen shot showing that the option to choose initial graphics display is missing. Any ideas how to fix it?
Please try CMOS Reset. Then go back to BIOS Setup and press F7 to Load Optimized Defaults (this is always necessary as first step). Then configure the remaining BIOS parameters. Hopefully the system will behave properly after the CMOS Reset.

Unfortunately there is no solution for this because the USB Vendor Name is not “Apple”. If you use a Fenvi FV-T919 or FV-HB1200 then it might work (but no guarantees).
Hi, for a while now my Logitech MX Keys is losing connection to the receiver. I had this with Catalina and after the upgrade to Big Sur as well. Opencore 0.65 now.
I am using the keyboard (and MX Master 3) with a Windows laptop and with the Hackintosh. I already tried a new pairing but didn't result in stable connection either. I'ver also tried to use a USB hub which is closer to the keyboard - but this has gone even worse. The latest firmware from Logitech is installed. I'm running out of ideas. Maybe somebody else can help.

Also updated to F20a new BIOS. So far so good everything is booting fine.
But:
- pick Initial Graphics is not present anymore (since F7c for me...)
- Thunderbolt Boot Support is now "Boot Once" (no disable option)

I've disable "secure boot" which is now "standard" should i set it to "custom" like it was before?

Also updated to F20a new BIOS. So far so good everything is booting fine.
But:
- pick Initial Graphics is not present anymore (since F7c for me...)
- Thunderbolt Boot Support is now "Boot Once" (no disable option)

I've disable "secure boot" which is now "standard" should i set it to "custom" like it was before?
Thanks for the feedback!
I thought my BIOS was fried since that option wasn't there. Still have a little troubleshooting to do but at least now I know my BIOS is normal.

Hey Casey thanks for the message.

So, I took my ring ratio down on the Vision G from 47 to 45 and the hard freezing has stopped. So, I'm fairly sure this was the culprit for the crashes (which is what you would expect from a crash of that nature). If anyone knows how you can hit higher ring ratios on these boards I'm all ears.

I do still have minor issues with Logic 10.6.1 with regards to erratic behavior that I haven't seen before on Catalina.

Please do bear in mind I would consider myself a 'power user' of LPX and work on it every day for AT LEAST 4 hours (and have done for the past 6 years). 15 years if you count previous versions of Logic ;)

What I'm saying is I am probably far more sensitive to these annoying issues than most will be.

There are some weird things happening with the mouse using the default Logic plugins, the timecode stops and becomes erratic if you perform too many functions at once and other minor annoying behaviour. None of this has stopped me being able to work successfully on an album project using the setup as it is and with each release of Opencore it does seem to get better (or at least it did in Catalina).

I'm no expert at the end of the day I just know Logic really really well.

On an unrelated note did anyone see that Macrumours had an article dated yesterday discussing the next mac pros slated for release and they are saying they may well still be Intel chips?!

Atari Notator gang represent :)

Mine is stable in Logic Pro (and main program Pro Tools Ultimate)

try putting ring back up to 47 and try these:

XMP Disabled

CPU Vcore 1.280v

CPU Vcore LLC Low

Vcore Voltage Mode Fixed

Please check that you're using the correct USB port map SSDT for the Vision G. All other USB port map SSDTs (SSDT-UIAC-...) should be turned off or removed.

If problem persists, refer to the Sleep Aid:
Sorry for my disappearing
That's my monitor troubles via HDMI connection (I guess). It works perfect via DP

Understood. Looking at the owner's manual I don't see any specific mention of PCIe lane allocation for the 3 NVMe M.2 slots. I would be surprised if all three slots operated at x4 due to limitations in total number of PCH lanes. So I believe what you are seeing is in fact correct.

You may of course submit a ticket to Gigabyte Tech Support asking for clarification.
So if I get it right the NVMe slot 3 shares x4 bandwidth with the CNVi slot and the bottom X4 PCIe slot?

Because I need 3 NVMe drives, 1 10Gbit Networkcard in the bottom PCIe x4 and the FV-T919 card in the x1 slot.

I don’t need the CNVi card.

Would it all work on maximum speed?

Last edited:
I have new question:

I bought GTX 1070 Ti for using with Win10

So I need only apply -wegnoegpu flag in config at macOS EFI folder?
What should I do with BIOS? (PCI slot for GPU, etc.)

Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ

Fist of all, I as I’m new to this, I would like to thank you for all your work on helping other people. This Vision D guide actually made me buy this motherboard and now I have a very fine system up and running. Very much appreciated.

It also gave me confidence enough to try to make my little laptop Lenovo 730-13IWL to run with macOS Big Sur.
Hello @JDL,

Glad to hear it and welcome to the forum.
This I have actually done now, and it is running very fine. But as I’m new to this and no programmer, I would kindly ask for your help in making the necessary SSDT’s to make the Thunderbolt working on this also. I would even pay you to do it for me.
Please note that offering payment in exchange for assistance is a violation of the Rules. You are always welcome to contribute to the site's operation by clicking the "Contribute" button at the very top of the webpage, but there is no quid pro quo. In other words, contributions to the site are voluntary and do not "buy" you anything.

We provide assistance freely and without preference to any user.

To provide a Thunderbolt hot plug SSDT for the Lenovo, please provide:
  • System DSDT (MaciASL --> File --> New from ACPI --> DSDT)
  • IOReg file (IORegistryExplorer --> File --> Save As...)

Back