Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Ok, i‘ve removed the CNVi WIFI Bluetooth card and now all NVMe SSDs run with x4.

Ok, i‘ve removed the CNVi WIFI Bluetooth card and now all NVMe SSDs run with x4.
That was a stroke of genius! I never thought of that...

hello all! I have a new build I am setting up hardware details are attached below. Well I am having troubles booting from a hard drive created from UniBeast. Also have tried following using the step provided but I could not boot from the USB drive after following the steps from point 8.. Couldn't even get into the boot loader using OpenCore method. Not sure if I made a mistake or I am not following the guide. Any help or hints would be appreciated.

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (BIOS F6)
Intel Core i9-10900K
XFX RX 5700 XT Thicc III Ultra
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR3200
Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2280

hello all! I have a new build I am setting up hardware details are attached below. Well I am having troubles booting from a hard drive created from UniBeast. Also have tried following using the step provided but I could not boot from the USB drive after following the steps from point 8.. Couldn't even get into the boot loader using OpenCore method. Not sure if I made a mistake or I am not following the guide. Any help or hints would be appreciated.

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (BIOS F6)
Intel Core i9-10900K
XFX RX 5700 XT Thicc III Ultra
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR3200
Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2280
Hello @jaygunz,

Some questions:
  • Are you installing Catalina or Big Sur?
  • Are you using OpenCore 0.6.5 latest version that I posted earlier today at the bottom of Post #1?

For Big Sur (kernel 20.x.x) we spoof the CPU ID, but this is not generally needed for Catalina. Some systems, however, won't boot without it so I changed the MinKernel to 19.0.0 (Catalina). This means Fake CPU ID will be applied to Catalina and all subsequent versions of macOS.
View attachment 504306

WiFi/BT settings were not changed. Naming your disk "SSD" is also perfectly fine.
Curious: why are you spoofing the CPU ID for Big Sur?

cheers!

Yes I am using the vastest version of OpenCore and am trying to install Catalina. After reading the Second post I need more explanation how to port OpenCore from Z390 to Z490. thanks!

Yes I am using the vastest version of OpenCore and am trying to install Catalina. After reading the Second post I need more explanation how to port OpenCore from Z390 to Z490. thanks!
You mentioned UniBeast in your first post, but that is for Clover. Have you tried following the build guide in Post #1 start with Step 1?

Curious: why are you spoofing the CPU ID for Big Sur?

cheers!
When we initially configured OpenCore for Big Sur public beta several months ago, the system would not boot without spoofing the CPU ID. I haven't checked whether this is necessary now with the release version.

I assume it's working for you (i.e. without spoofing the CPU ID)?

When we initially configured OpenCore for Big Sur public beta several months ago, the system would not boot without spoofing the CPU ID. I haven't checked whether this is necessary now with the release version.

Yes it is, but I’m using the iMac20,2 SMBIOS so maybe that is the critical difference?

It’s No longer necessary to spoof CPUID on Comet Lake with Big Sur. I think the early development builds of Big Sur did not natively support Comet Lake.

We may have to spoof CPUID again when Rocket Lake drops (assuming we use Rocket Lake).

Back