Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Is everyone currently on F7c? When I was still using my Sapphire NITRO+ RX580 SE, I noticed that (on my system), there was no longer an "Initial Display Output" option for choosing iGPU vs. PCIe in F7c. Mind you, this was also the same time when I was having problems getting CSM to stay disabled. Wonder if this is truly the new UX, or another freak anomaly...? I'm afraid to try F7c again as everything seems to be working ok....

@BoomR You do remember the old adage "if it ain't broke....", right?

I am on F5, and I will try F8, if Gigabyte gets there. I haven't heard much of a reason to go beyond F5. For me, I've got to hear real benefit before I change.

All the best and Happy New Year!

@BoomR You do remember the old adage "if it ain't broke....", right?

I am on F5, and I will try F8, if Gigabyte gets there. I haven't heard much of a reason to go beyond F5. For me, I've got to hear real benefit before I change.

All the best and Happy New Year!
Not sure if you saw my earlier post from a week or 2 ago, but there's actually an F6 version as well - yet it's not on the Gigabyte Support > BIOS site. The only way to get it is to use Windows 10 and then launch the Gigabyte @BIOS app that installs from the in-box CD-ROM. That was initially how I was able to troubleshoot & then get my GPU to work (Installed Win10 using iGPU, ran @BIOS & saw the F6, so upgraded, then put the GPU in, and I was able to continue).

...but you are indeed correct: "If it ain't broke...don't fix it!" :). Cheers!
--B

People have trouble POSTing with F20a Bios. So perhaps it could be helpful to check out that thread first. They had to q-flash older stable version, so I'll probably hold off for now.
I am running on F20a right now, seems stable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone tried to make a hardware PCIe SSD Raid 0 configuration en installed Mac OS Big Sur on it?

I have enabled the raid settings in the BIOS but I can’t get passed the Apple logo anymore. The message says to get Apple support.

Hey Everyone!

I just installed a fifth fan in SYS_FAN5_PUMP header, but the macOS doesn't recognize it and doesn't show the RPM in the sensor data apps of the fifth fan only. CPU, and fans 1-4 are shown fine. Do I have to do anything else to make it enabled in SSDTs?
I have tried two different apps, Macs Fan Control and HWMonitorSMC2.

@CaseySJ I was learning some stuff and looking into guides of what and how SSDTs are created. On Dortania many can be simply downloaded as prebuilt ones. But there's method of creating them manually for specific hardware.
I'm just wondering which ones in the EFI zips, are custom built or how much/what were modified? Any details will be appreciated as I'm curious on how those work and wanted to experiment with them.

Thanks a ton!

I noticed the SSD from WD is 46º, is that normal?
Thanks
Fab

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 4.10.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 4.10.15 PM.png
    261.5 KB · Views: 47
I noticed the SSD from WD is 46º, is that normal?
Thanks
Fab
Yes perfectly normal after moderate periods of use. When the drive is idle such as shorting after waking from sleep, it should be much cooler.

Hey Everyone!

I just installed a fifth fan in SYS_FAN5_PUMP header, but the macOS doesn't recognize it and doesn't show the RPM in the sensor data apps of the fifth fan only. CPU, and fans 1-4 are shown fine. Do I have to do anything else to make it enabled in SSDTs?
I have tried two different apps, Macs Fan Control and HWMonitorSMC2.
This may be a problem with VirtualSMC's SMCSuperIO.kext, which gets updated every month. I believe I ran into the same problem several months ago. You may want to log an issue with the Acidanthera team on GitHub.
@CaseySJ I was learning some stuff and looking into guides of what and how SSDTs are created. On Dortania many can be simply downloaded as prebuilt ones. But there's method of creating them manually for specific hardware.
I'm just wondering which ones in the EFI zips, are custom built or how much/what were modified? Any details will be appreciated as I'm curious on how those work and wanted to experiment with them.
The SSDTs in the EFI folder will not, unfortunately, address the SYS_FAN5_PUMP issue. The following SSDTs are customized for this motherboard, and the rest are generic (i.e. "prebuilt"):
  • SSDT-TB3HP.aml --> Thunderbolt hot plug
  • SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml --> USB port map

Has anyone tried to make a hardware PCIe SSD Raid 0 configuration en installed Mac OS Big Sur on it?

I have enabled the raid settings in the BIOS but I can’t get passed the Apple logo anymore. The message says to get Apple support.
Several folks have inquired about this in recent weeks. Unfortunately we're not aware of a solution. But Disk Utility in macOS can create a perfectly viable software RAID.

Back