Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Anyone ever got an issue where Application's Text is blurry after wake up from sleep? I also can't click on anything on any App. I mean I click but nothing happens. To fix this, I need to resize the window of every application, and then it goes back to not being blurry and allows me to click on it. Very weird

So I decided to start from zero :)
Clean all: USB, SSD, hackintosh resources folder, BIOS

And it's worked: I successfully install Catalina on my PC.
Even 2.5 Ethernet works

Thanks to CasySJ for the best guide!
(and sorry for my English :))

Waking up from sleep doesn't work
Please check that you're using the correct USB port map SSDT for the Vision G. All other USB port map SSDTs (SSDT-UIAC-...) should be turned off or removed.

If problem persists, refer to the Sleep Aid:

That's what I heard about DRM and WEG too. I don't know exactly how it's gonna be with RX5700XT, but with RX580 I have removed all boot arguments (audio layout moved to device properties in config.plist) except "-liluforce" which allows loading WEG in safe mode. Like I said before, no problems with DRM.
I tried it with whatevergreen still installed and it had no improvement (but still worked). I’ll try removing WEG and binary patch Board-ID to Board-IX and see what that does (at some point) :)

** OpenCore 0.6.4 EFI for Z490 Vision D **

Hello @CaseySJ! Thanks for the new OpenCore. After examining I noticed SSDT-NVRAM.aml is no longer enabled, however on all my previous config.plists it has been. Just curious if this is intentional or an oversight? It boots without it, Im just trying to learn a little :)

What does Native NVRAM do?

Thank You

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 4.07.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 4.07.03 PM.png
    247.2 KB · Views: 45
Hello @CaseySJ! Thanks for the new OpenCore. After examining I noticed SSDT-NVRAM.aml is no longer enabled, however on all my previous config.plists it has been. Just curious if this is intentional or an oversight? It boots without it, Im just trying to learn a little :)

What does Native NVRAM do?

Thank You
Good observation. Z490 boards do not require this SSDT so we have disabled it. Enabling the SSDT does not do any (apparent) harm, but it's better not to use an SSDT if it's not needed.

Do we know if there will likely be support for the RX 6800 in Catalina? I’m guessing if anything will support it in future it will be Big Sur only?

Looking to upgrade from my RX580 for Windows gaming, and it would be great not to have 2 GPUs and all the hassle that goes along with that!

Do we know if there will likely be support for the RX 6800 in Catalina? I’m guessing if anything will support it in future it will be Big Sur only?

Looking to upgrade from my RX580 for Windows gaming, and it would be great not to have 2 GPUs and all the hassle that goes along with that!
Unlikely. With the release of Big Sur, Catalina has entered "Security Support" which means no more new features including new hardware support. That has been the mode that Apple operates for the last few years and I don't expect things to be different this time.

If the RX 6000 series will have support it will be for Big Sur only.

Back