Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Trying to install my first Hackintosh, have some troubles on Vision G

Using OC 0.6.3 got prelinkedkernel errors
Using OC 0.6.4 got "OCS: Failed to calculate size of false field containing <empty> os type integer" and then installing have stuck on phase 2 "8/9 minutes remaining" (don't know how to see logs)

Can someone please help?
The "OCS" error means that you likely used OpenCore Configurator (OCC) to edit your config.plist (copied from config-AMD-GPU.plist). Unfortunately OCC is not fully compatible with OpenCore 0.6.4 at this time. For now you may safely ignore the "OCS" error message (we can help you fix it later).

If the installation is stuck at Phase 2, please reboot the computer, press F12 at BIOS splash screen, select the USB install disk again, and then select Macintosh HD from the OpenCore Picker. If you don't see "Macintosh HD", select anything other than "Install macOS Catalina" or let us know the boot options that appear.

Installation should resume...

The "OCS" error means that you likely used OpenCore Configurator (OCC) to edit your config.plist (copied from config-AMD-GPU.plist). Unfortunately OCC is not fully compatible with OpenCore 0.6.4 at this time. For now you may safely ignore the "OCS" error message (we can help you fix it later).

If the installation is stuck at Phase 2, please reboot the computer, press F12 at BIOS splash screen, select the USB install disk again, and then select Macintosh HD from the OpenCore Picker. If you don't see "Macintosh HD", select anything other than "Install macOS Catalina" or let us know the boot options that appear.

Installation should resume...
How long i should wait? I did it now, but as in the previous times, the process stopped at "8 minutes remaining" (processor cooler has stopped)

Thank you for helping

How long i should wait? I did it now, but as in the previous times, the process stopped at "8 minutes remaining" (processor cooler has stopped)

Thank you for helping
If you see a white background with a progress bar (not black background) you can press CMD-L to open the installer log window. This should be done before the installation process locks up.

On the other hand, if you have a black background with a progress bar, it would be necessary to enable Verbose mode by adding -v to boot arguments in the NVRAM section of config.plist. Now you will see detailed log messages on the screen.

That's what I heard about DRM and WEG too. I don't know exactly how it's gonna be with RX5700XT, but with RX580 I have removed all boot arguments (audio layout moved to device properties in config.plist) except "-liluforce" which allows loading WEG in safe mode. Like I said before, no problems with DRM.

I have followed this guide carefully in my build, and my updates and am up and running OC 0.6.4. Everything I tried failed with my previous system defined until today when I switched to iMacPro1,1 and now everything works without changing any kext's etc.

If you see a white background with a progress bar (not black background) you can press CMD-L to open the installer log window. This should be done before the installation process locks up.

On the other hand, if you have a black background with a progress bar, it would be necessary to enable Verbose mode by adding -v to boot arguments in the NVRAM section of config.plist. Now you will see detailed log messages on the screen.
1607551251713.png

I added verbose mode before question here and i have log while boot and phase 1. But i have black background in phase 2

I mean:
0. "Install MacOS Catalina" -> Disk Utility -> installing
1. reboot
2. F12
3. Choose Macintosh HD
4. Some logs
5. Grey screen for 1-2 seconds
6. Black screen with Apple logo and progress bar
7. Stuck on "8 minutes remaining"

Tried ctrl-opt-cmd-W and cmd-L, didn't work

Here CaseySJ

And thank You very much for your preciosus help

Attachments

• pcidevices.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 388
  • pcidevices.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 32
View attachment 500490
I added verbose mode before question here and i have log while boot and phase 1. But i have black background in phase 2

I mean:
0. "Install MacOS Catalina" -> Disk Utility -> installing
1. reboot
2. F12
3. Choose Macintosh HD
4. Some logs
5. Grey screen for 1-2 seconds
6. Black screen with Apple logo and progress bar
7. Stuck on "8 minutes remaining"

Tried ctrl-opt-cmd-W and cmd-L, didn't work
Couple of questions:
  1. Have you disabled Serial Port in BIOS --> IO Ports?
  2. After getting stuck on "8 minutes remaining", we should wait 15 minutes. If installation does not continue, we should then manually reboot the system. Are you saying that installation does not resume after the reboot?

Here CaseySJ

And thank You very much for your preciosus help
We can see from this list that the I225-V Ethernet controller is located here:
Code:
Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I225-V                Network controller   Ethernet controller  P04@1C,3/D063@0 ethernet        PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x3)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
Hence it's necessary to change the PCI Path in Device Properties to PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x3)/Pci(0x0,0x0) (on the Z490 AORUS Master).

Thank You so much CaseySJ!

Now I've Ethernet on this board!:thumbup:

Couple of questions:
  1. Have you disabled Serial Port in BIOS --> IO Ports?
  2. After getting stuck on "8 minutes remaining", we should wait 15 minutes. If installation does not continue, we should then manually reboot the system. Are you saying that installation does not resume after the reboot?
1. Yes
2. Yes, every times installation stucks on "8/9/10 minutes remaining" (mostly 8)

Back