Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

CaseySJ, installation succesfull! Installed with the new OC 0.64

But an error appear in bios screen when computer start: "OCS: Failed to calculate size of false field containing <empty> os type integer " , exactly like described by MacArthur

And Ethernet Intel 2.5G don't run - not recognized .

Wi-Fi run faster, BT ok, all usb ports ok, all others run like a real Mac. Overclocked all 10 cores at 5.1Ghz, low temps only with NZXT 360 AIO.

Hardware:
i9 10850K
Aorus Z490 Master
64Go Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200Mhz c16 (fixed c13 in bios)
Saphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+
Samsung Nvme 970 EVO Plus 500Go
Fenvi HB 1200M
PSU Corsair AX1000
The error is from not changing ‘PlayChime’ from type Boolean, to type String (with a value of Auto) :)

Glad to hear it!
3 days in a row I've slept the Hack overnight, 3 days in a row it wakes up perfectly. I think the problem was related to the old motherboard. I can therefore say that I have a 100% working Hack, and am super pleased! Thanks again for all your hard work Casey!

Ok done and it works perfectly!
Happy to know that I am not the only bad student in the classroom :)
May I know for my personal training what is the advantage of doing so, compared with the previous method?
Thanks again !
OpenCore Configurator 2.18.0.2 is not yet compatible with OpenCore 0.6.4 Release. As such, it does not generate a compatible config.plist in which "PlayChime" needs to be set to type "string" instead of boolean true/false. A warning against using OCC 2.18.0.2 is mentioned at the very top of the OpenCore 0.6.4 mini-guide. The next release of OCC should fix this problem.

Last edited:
Just a little note for anyone experiencing a delay at the Gigabyte splash screen - check what you have plugged into your USB Ports! I'd read that it could be the cause, but until I rebuilt my system and forgot to plug in a USB3 Hub I normally use did I find the culprit!

It's one of these. And by plugging it in, it adds about 6-8 seconds to the splash screen. If I unplug it, I'm at the OC picker almost instantly!

Last edited:
Just a little note for anyone experiencing a delay at the Gigabyte splash screen - check what you have plugged into your USB Ports! I'd read that it could be the cause, but until I rebuilt my system and forgot to plug in a USB3 Hub I normally use did I find the culprit!

It's one of these. And by plugging it in, it adds about 6-8 seconds to the splash screen. If I unplug it, I'm at the OC picker almost instantly!
@Higgie You can get rid of the delay by disabling USB Mass Storage Driver Support in BIOS. When in BIOS, go to Settings/IO Ports/USB Configuration/USB Mass Storage Driver Support and set it to Disabled. Just keep in mind, you won't be able to boot from any USB device until you enable it again.

@Higgie You can get rid of the delay by disabling USB Mass Storage Driver Support in BIOS. When in BIOS, go to Settings/IO Ports/USB Configuration/USB Mass Storage Driver Support and set it to Disabled. Just keep in mind, you won't be able to boot from any USB device until you enable it again.
That's good to know! Thanks for the info.

On a completely unrelated note - I'm guessing there's zero chance of Catalina supporting an RX6800? Thinking about upgrading my RX580 for gaming in Windows, but I'm sticking with Catalina due to compatibility on the macOS side for the time being.

Thanks for reply Casey.

Yes, I did everything as described however I used Propertree to input my serials. I then used the OC snapshot command (and got a dialogue pop up alerting me to the detection of 0.6.3 folder not 0.6.4) to sort the ACPI bits out so suspect this is where the problem is.

Thanks for reply Casey.

Yes, I did everything as described however I used Propertree to input my serials. I then used the OC snapshot command (and got a dialogue pop up alerting me to the detection of 0.6.3 folder not 0.6.4) to sort the ACPI bits out so suspect this is where the problem is.
It would be best to wait a couple of days for next version of OpenCore Configurator that supports OC 0.6.4 Release Version. Then an in-place upgrade to 0.6.4 can be done as follows:

Thank you mate yes thats what I thought hence why I didnt start badgering you lot for answers :)

The million $ question is does your ability to watch movies with the AppleTV app in 0.6.4?
Alas it still doesn't work! :(

Back