Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hey @CaseySJ, I've updated my OC to the newest 0.6.4 build hoping it will solve the issue with TB hot plug, but the problem still persists. I've tried both SSDT versions and in both cases my RP05 section looks exactly the same. Take a look at my IORegistryExplorer dump. You're our only hope :)

EDIT: Attached screenshot - SSDT-TB3HP-V2.aml disabled in config.plist

@CaseySJ After a few users posted their TB3 IOReg tree, I checked mine and it wasn't configured correctly. I tried the V2 one and didn't have any luck.

What worked for me was the one posted on the HackinDROM website for Z490 Vision D. It has your name on it so I'm assuming you created that one as well :) With that one, the tree shows up correctly and TB3 continues to work including sleep/wake & hot plug. Hope this helps the others and you get to the bottom of this.

@CaseySJ I'm experiencing the following issues with my Youbo WiFi/BT card:
  1. After a few sleep & wakes and especially after long ones, I cannot toggle BT anymore. BT still works fine, but if I turn it OFF, I cannot turn it back ON.
  2. Apple Watch Unlock doesn't seem to work after sleep & wake because it seems like WiFi/BT doesn't wake up as fast as the machine. If I wait a few seconds, then hit Esc twice, the unlock works just fine.
Have you or anyone faced similar issues? I know they're "first world problems" in the world of Hackintosh, so I'm just curious :)

Just in case anyone's curious, I have the following workarounds in place to tackle the above issues:

1. Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer => I had to keep this enabled to ensure I could turn BT ON and OFF after sleep wake cycles
  2. I ended up disabling "SSDT-USBW.aml" and "USBWakeFixup.kext". This of course means the machine doesn't wake up with a single key and there's a noticeable delay in wake time. But when it does, Apple Watch Unlock works (most of the time)

Question to the room: Does anyone here have SideCar working in Big Sur on iMac20,2 SMBIOS? I have SideCar working in Catalina, but the same EFI does not enable it in Big Sur.
Thanks!
I figured it out: I needed to enable ExtendBTFeatureFlags in Opencore to get it to work in Big Sur, which I did NOT need to do in Catalina. I have a genuine Airport card from a Macbook Pro, but I suspect it is now old enough that that particular card is 'obsoleted'. ExtendingBTFeatureFlags could be injecting a more up-to-date firmware, allowing the continued function. (Pure speculation, but I feel like it's a reasonable theory)

edit: not so fast. It starts out working after a restart, but subsequent disconnect and reconnect of sidecar result in a black screen on the iPad.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ After a few users posted their TB3 IOReg tree, I checked mine and it wasn't configured correctly. I tried the V2 one and didn't have any luck.

What worked for me was the one posted on the HackinDROM website for Z490 Vision D. It has your name on it so I'm assuming you created that one as well :) With that one, the tree shows up correctly and TB3 continues to work including sleep/wake & hot plug. Hope this helps the others and you get to the bottom of this.
Good job! Problem solved :)

Attachments

• screenshot4.png
    screenshot4.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 49
I am having a weird problem, I bought the exact same parts of this guide except for the processor that is a 10700. Put everything together, prepared the USB stick with Big Sur on it and the EFI files from here with the appropriate changes to the open core config.

I also set up the BIOS and triple checked that all options are set up correctly.

Well, the system is not booting from the USB. I have it selected in the boot options but every time I try to boot, I end up in the set up again instead of booting up.

I tried to rebuild the stick (following this guide instructions), tried all USB ports on the motherboard, and I tested it on my MacBook Pro, and it loads fine over there.

I am hoping in a little tweak that would make it work, I don't know what else to do at this point.

Can confirm this worked for me too! SSP1 and 2 appear in both Hackintool and IOReg now.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 04.23.14.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 04.23.14.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
Update with big progress. I am able to boot from USB using the EFI in the first post. (I was using the Intel Wi-Fi and Bluetooth version before.) Will complete the installation tomorrow and report back.

Good job! Problem solved :)

Can confirm this worked for me too! SSP1 and 2 appear in both Hackintool and IOReg now.
Thank you both for the feedback. Will update the Thunderbolt SSDT in the next EFI release once OC 0.6.4 is released (likely in the next couple of days).

Premature conclusion.

The system will go to sleep and stay asleep for a while but then the computer will wake, but not the monitor, and it appears that the computer may not go to sleep again, although the display is still off. I looked at the log from last night and observed normal sleep, dark wakes, normal wakes. The display was off this morning when I woke it at 06:52:30 but the computer was not asleep (e.g., not in a low power state). I do have a backup program that is set to wake the computer at 1:00 am and 3:00 am and that appeared to happen in the pmset log. Hit sleep in Apple Menu and went to sleep fine.

So still need to try some more things from the Sleep/Wake thread. Right now have "Power Nap" turned off, sleep set to 3 minutes. The Apple Mouse however is not the entire solution, at least for my system.

Thanks Casey.

Rand
I have tested 5 wifi/bt cards, which include:
1)fenvi t919(94360cd)
2)fenvi hb1200(94360cs)
3)another brand 943602cs
4)another brand 94360cs
5)another brand 94360cd
clean install Catalina and Upgrade to Big Sur.
and clean install Big Sur.
Finally, I found only 2) card is relatively perfect without modifying any system config via hackintool.
2) card can sleep and wake normally. The only bug is that it wakes and watches you a second one time then sleeps again at midnight.....

I have tested 5 wifi/bt cards, which include:
1)fenvi t919(94360cd)
2)fenvi hb1200(94360cs)
3)another brand 943602cs
4)another brand 94360cs
5)another brand 94360cd
clean install Catalina and Upgrade to Big Sur.
and clean install Big Sur.
Finally, I found only 2) card is relatively perfect without modifying any system config via hackintool.
2) card can sleep and wake normally. The only bug is that it wakes and watches you a second one time then sleeps again at midnight.....
Is it a bug or do you have Power Nap enabled?

Back