Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ - One more question...is there a way within OpenCore to see what physical storage device hosts a particular logical volume. When I did my first OpenCore boot from the USB volume, it's showing me an EFI drive alongside the icons for my macOS, macOS backup, and Windows NVMe deployments and the USB installer itself. I just can't tell where this rogue EFI volume physically lives..
If it’s anything like mine, the EFI partition will be from your macOS backup.

The quickest way to tell would be to shut down, unplug a drive and then reboot see what is missing from the picker. Rinse and repeat until you find the culprit!

Last edited:
Thunderbolt is disabled. Please double-check BIOS settings according to Post #1.

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 4.10.41 PM.png

Thunderbolt is disabled. Please double-check BIOS settings according to Post #1.

View attachment 497440

View attachment 497440

OK I thought I went through that before, so I checked and here is what I found. If I load the optimized defaults and same them unchanged as hack-1, everything is fine. If I make the recommended changes on page 1 to the optimized defaults, when it reboot it takes awhile, powers off then on, and it does boot but if I stop the boot process via F12 I get a error message about Boot failure detected, load optimized defaults. I guess that is why thunderboalt is disabled.

OK I thought I went through that before, so I checked and here is what I found. If I load the optimized defaults and same them unchanged as hack-1, everything is fine. If I make the recommended changes on page 1 to the optimized defaults, when it reboot it takes awhile, powers off then on, and it does boot but if I stop the boot process via F12 I get a error message about Boot failure detected, load optimized defaults. I guess that is why thunderboalt is disabled.
We must Load Optimized Defaults and configure the remaining BIOS parameters according to Post 1. The longer boot process is 100% normal. The power off / power on is 100% normal. Pressing F12, however, should not report a boot failure. Let’s download and install the latest BIOS from Gigabyte’s website. A FAT32 formatted USB flash disk is needed for this.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ switched to iMac20,2 and did a clean install. SO far everything is okay and the iGPU is working fine, I can see it being used when I do screen recording for example.
One thing i noticed is on iStats, now it only shows 4 cores. But activity monitor shows 10 cores and 20 threads.

I have a 10900K. But with the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, iStats showed 10 cores instead of 4...

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 12.04.47.png

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 12.04.59.png

@CaseySJ switched to iMac20,2 and did a clean install. SO far everything is okay and the iGPU is working fine, I can see it being used when I do screen recording for example.
One thing i noticed is on iStats, now it only shows 4 cores. But activity monitor shows 10 cores and 20 threads.

I have a 10900K. But with the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, iStats showed 10 cores instead of 4...

View attachment 497499
View attachment 497498
Please install Intel Power Gadget for Mac and then check iStat Menus again.

Back