Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Latest release, Version 5.1.23-b4 (6105), is now doing incremental backups.
Hooray! Yes indeed, incremental backups are alive.

The Z490 Vision D does not support PCIe 4.0 with Comet Lake-S processors. However, it will support PCIe 4.0 with the upcoming Rocket Lake-S processors around February or March of 2021.

Meanwhile, my Gigabyte B550 Vision D Hackintosh running AMD Ryzen already supports PCIe 4.0. Hence:
View attachment 496433

I'm waiting for the Rocket 4 Plus to come out and see how people do on Hackintosh with those. Also assuming the E18 controller is Hackintosh friendly like the E16 in the current Rocket 4.

You are using a USB-C to DisplayPort cable (not Thunderbolt 3 to DisplayPort). Thunderbolt cables have a lightning logo on them, like this:
View attachment 496414
Nevertheless, please do the following:
  • Download IORegistryExplorer from here.
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As..., then post the saved file.
Thank you.
The saved file is attached.
I think the HDMI to HDMI cable should have the audio. If the HDMI to HDMI cable can fix the audio output issue, the USB-C to DP cable will also fix the issue.

Attachments

• iMac-JM.ioreg.zip
    856.4 KB · Views: 32
So, quick update.

The Fenvi BT/Wifi card arrived today. Sleep worked as soon as I installed it. Have now done a fresh install, starting from scratch with an iMAC 20,2 SMBIOS and then upgraded to Big Sur. All appears to be working ok now, happy days! There was a funny issue to start with where web pages were taking an age to load but a restart seems to have fixed it.

Thanks to everyone for all the help.
i have the same card:fenvi t919. But i have some strange issues:
1)fresh install catalina(10.15.7)
2)logi mx master bt mouse, the mouse pointer move unsteadily.
3)occasionally bluetooth not avaiable and mac system crash to reboot
4)sleep work:monitor, fans all stop. But after several hours, it will wake automatically. And monitor, fans all work for a few minutes. Then monitor show black screen and fans still work.

Hi guys, after 2 weeks running myself ragged, I finally got my machine built (the problems I was having were twofold, one I didnt know that since the Z490 motherboard doesnt have its own power switch I had to short the power pins, and two I getting the power to the power supply from a dodgy power strip that wasnt doing the job.)

Anyway now that I have the machine up I still have three problems:
1. the USB 3.1 and 3.1 ports on top next to the power dont work.
2. when I do the installation verificattion check, I'm missing several things:
No bluetooth listed at all
the PCI section lists no thunderbolt controller at all
3. I have the problem other listed, the computer will wake from sleep after a few seconds.

@CaseySJ I'm experiencing the following issues with my Youbo WiFi/BT card:
  1. After a few sleep & wakes and especially after long ones, I cannot toggle BT anymore. BT still works fine, but if I turn it OFF, I cannot turn it back ON.
  2. Apple Watch Unlock doesn't seem to work after sleep & wake because it seems like WiFi/BT doesn't wake up as fast as the machine. If I wait a few seconds, then hit Esc twice, the unlock works just fine.
Have you or anyone faced similar issues? I know they're "first world problems" in the world of Hackintosh, so I'm just curious :)
This is actually common behavior that we get accustomed to after a while. Some of these issues affect real Macs as well.

Hi guys, after 2 weeks running myself ragged, I finally got my machine built (the problems I was having were twofold, one I didnt know that since the Z490 motherboard doesnt have its own power switch I had to short the power pins, and two I getting the power to the power supply from a dodgy power strip that wasnt doing the job.)

Anyway now that I have the machine up I still have three problems:
1. the USB 3.1 and 3.1 ports on top next to the power dont work.
2. when I do the installation verificattion check, I'm missing several things:
No bluetooth listed at all
the PCI section lists no thunderbolt controller at all
3. I have the problem other listed, the computer will wake from sleep after a few seconds.
Regarding the 3 questions:
  1. Have you connected the USB 3 header cable from the case to F_U32 header on the motherboard?
  2. Two parts:
    • Have you connected the USB header cable from Fenvi WiFi/BT card to F_USB1 or F_USB2 on the motherboard?
    • Regarding Thunderbolt, have you configured BIOS parameters correctly?
  3. What devices are connected to the internal USB 2.0 headers F_USB1 and F_USB2?

thank you.
the saved file is attached.
i think the hdmi to hdmi cable should have the audio. If the hdmi to hdmi cable can fix the audio output issue, the usb-c to dp cable will also fix the issue.
Looks like your Thunderbolt controller has been flashed. Good job! However, the Thunderbolt SSDT (SSDT-TB3HP.aml) seems to have some problem. Please replace it with attached V2 and (a) uncheck existing one in ACPI section of OpenCore Configurator, and (b) add new entry for SSDT-TB3HP-V2.aml.

Regarding HDMI audio, your HDEF device configuration is exactly the same as mine. However, I'm not using the on-board iGPU to connect a monitor.

Suggestions:
  • Use an AMD GPU, even a low-cost one such as RX 570. iGPU is not recommended for connecting monitors.
  • Try "Factory Reset" on the Dell monitor using the monitor's on-board menu.
  • If you have another monitor or TV, try connecting to it just to see if it appears as a Sound Output device in System Preferences.

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3HP-V2.aml
    2.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
One small issue remains. This unknown device in Windows. I can do a clean install of Windows and install all of the drivers to the point where nothing is unaccounted for in the device manager. If I boot into MacOS and let the system sleep then the next time I boot into widows this device shows up in the DM. Anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    53.8 KB · Views: 38
One small issue remains. This unknown device in Windows. I can do a clean install of Windows and install all of the drivers to the point where nothing is unaccounted for in the device manager. If I boot into MacOS and let the system sleep then the next time I boot into widows this device shows up in the DM. Anyone know what it is?

It is probably either your BT or WiFi module. When macOS boots up it loads it's own firmware to the modules. When you then boot into Windows, that firmware is still present and Windows won't recognise it. On a cold boot, the Mac firmware is cleared from the module, so Windows will once again recognise it.

Back