Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I am using the Gigabyte Titan Ridge 2.0 AIC to run my LG Ultrafine 5K monitor which works great in 5K, but the issue is that I can not get the speakers and the camera (with mic) to work on the monitor. These worked when I used the monitor without the Titan Ridge card, as my Motherboard has TB3 built-in (but doesn't output 5K to the LG Ultrafine 5K) but not anymore. I'm really struggling to find an explanation on how to get them to work. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Is the 15-port controller limit now a thing of the past?
Technically the limit still exists in macOS, but OpenCore provides a runtime patch to extend the limit.

I am using the Gigabyte Titan Ridge 2.0 AIC to run my LG Ultrafine 5K monitor which works great in 5K, but the issue is that I can not get the speakers and the camera (with mic) to work on the monitor. These worked when I used the monitor without the Titan Ridge card, as my Motherboard has TB3 built-in (but doesn't output 5K to the LG Ultrafine 5K) but not anymore. I'm really struggling to find an explanation on how to get them to work. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?
Unfortunately this problem has been raised by several owners of the latest LG UltraFine 5K (w/Titan Ridge on-board the monitor) in recent weeks. No solution posted yet.

Have you tried flashing the GC-Titan Ridge 2.0?

Technically the limit still exists in macOS, but OpenCore provides a runtime patch to extend the limit.

Is it worth @leematch trying to turn this off to see if it makes a difference? I’m under the 15-port limit with the same WiFi card and I have no sleep issues?

Sure, so far the only way I have been able to get the system to sleep is by unplugging the usb header cable for the bluetooth module. I'm assuming that this means that the Broadcom BT module is the offending device. Having followed Canyondust's suggestion and checking that the USB port types are set to 255 I'm not really sue what else to do now. The Youbo card suggested on post 1 isn't available here in the UK atm but I guess I could try ordering the Fenvi one. As my current card is an apple oem part I suspect the Fenvi is less likely to work though.

My computer doesn't sleep either. But it is related to Commander Pro.

Last edited:
For those with sleep issues, I want to share my config. It sleeps and wakes like a good baby.

• Intel i9 10900
  • Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
  • 64 GB 3600MHz RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (16GBx4)
  • Sapphire RX 5700 XT NITRO+ Special Edition
  • Corsair RM750X White
  • 512GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe (Big Sur)
  • 2GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe (User Folder)
  • 1GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe (Windows)
  • NZXT H510 Elite (with USB LED and FAN controller)
  • NZXT Kraken X63 (USB)
  • BCM943602CDP + adapter (USB)
BCM943602CDP + adapter (USB) - Connected to left internal port
NZXT H510 Elite controller and NZXT Kraken X63 connected to right internal port thru the splitter mentioned by @CaseySJ in the first post

Everything works perfectly, except for the auto-login. Wallpaper becomes 3/4 size if I enable auto login.

Is it worth @leematch trying to turn this off to see if it makes a difference? I’m under the 15-port limit with the same WiFi card and I have no sleep issues?
I have tried something along those lines. The original OC package that CaseySJ provided has two versions of the SSDT-UIAC file. The V1 observes the 15 port limit and doesn't use patch to extend the limit. I've tried deselecting the patch and using the V1 file as well as the V2 file in conjunction with the patch. No difference.

I've also tried the card in the lower slot. Next I'm looking at trying the Fenvi card.

CaseySJ (or anyone who knows):

I am struggling a little with where to put my NVMe drive. Each of the three slots present a problem, but it appears as if the M2A_CPU slot is the best. M2M_SB costs two SATA ports, so that's out, and M2P_SB shares bandwidth with PCIe x4 so that doesn't seem to be the best choice of the three NVMe slots available on this board.

The problem there is that slot (M2A_CPU), if used and if a Graphics Card is plugged in the only PCIEX_16 slot on the board, well, then that would limit the airflow a lot over that NVMe drive in the M2A_CPU slot. I have a pretty large NVMe cooler and I'm not sure it would fit if I went with this scenario for the installation location using M2A_CPU.

However, I'm thinking that the instant you plug in any other PCIe card, an x4 or an x8, you've automatically limited your Graphics Card to x8 instead of x16, so maybe if someone like me wants to use the M2A_CPU slot and then plug the Graphics Card into the only PCIe x8 slot on the board, well then it wouldn't make much difference anyway. Performance wise, I've heard that a graphics card running at x8 doesn't have a lot of performance loss anyway - some, but not as much as one would think.

Is there a problem with my logic here or not? Kind of curious as to what NVMe slots you and/or other folks have used...

Sure, so far the only way I have been able to get the system to sleep is by unplugging the usb header cable for the bluetooth module. I'm assuming that this means that the Broadcom BT module is the offending device. Having followed Canyondust's suggestion and checking that the USB port types are set to 255 I'm not really sue what else to do now. The Youbo card suggested on post 1 isn't available here in the UK atm but I guess I could try ordering the Fenvi one. As my current card is an apple oem part I suspect the Fenvi is less likely to work though.
I also had this issue. I have Apple Broadcom WIFI/Bluetooth card connected by PCIE adapter (bluetooth connected to internal usb header). Every time I put my computer to sleep, it would wake up after few seconds. Disabling USBWakeFixup.kext and SSDT-USBW.aml in config.plist solved the issue. Also, what is interesting, I'm able to wake my computer with a mouse or a keyboard without using those patches. To achieve that I had to turn off XMP in bios and set maximum memory frequency to 2666MHz (max found on any apple hardware), but with slightly faster timings.

So long story short:
- disable USBWakeFixup.kext
- disable SSDT-USBW.aml
- turn off XMP
- set memory to 2666Mhz

Last edited:
Back