Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

After installing Big Sur I am experiencing the following problem: Corsair Commander Pro Looking Like a UPS Device.
I tried the solution proposed in the link (UPS Problem). However, when I type the command
$ sudo mount -uw /

I get the messages:
mount_apfs: volume could not be mounted: Permission denied
mount: / failed with 66

Any suggestion of how to proceed to mount the Volume?

After installing Big Sur I am experiencing the following problem: Corsair Commander Pro Looking Like a UPS Device.
I tried the solution proposed in the link (UPS Problem). However, when I type the command
$ sudo mount -uw /

I get the messages:

I think that unit is formatted to windows. exFAT is needed for the format if I am correct.

$ sudo mount -uw /

I get the messages:

On Big Sur we cannot mount the system volume with read/write permission using that command (sudo mount -uw /). The actual procedure is horrendous. It may be good to consider replacing the Corsair Commander Pro.

@CaseySJ Is the Post Installation CC guide usable for the Big Sur 11.01 current version?
Good question.

Carbon Copy Cloner cannot make bootable backups of Big Sur at this time. It will only copy the Data volume, but not the System volume.

We expect Bombich Software to address this problem soon.

If you happen to have ioregistryexplorer installed, can you open it, search for XHC and then tell me how many ports are listed?
There appear to be 19 ports listed.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 21.17.39.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 21.17.39.png
    327.1 KB · Views: 42
Good question.

Carbon Copy Cloner cannot make bootable backups of Big Sur at this time. It will only copy the Data volume, but not the System volume.

We expect Bombich Software to address this problem soon.

For anyone willing to try it out, CCC now has a version in beta that can make a bootable backups of the System Volume as well - Version 5.1.23-b2 (6096)

To get it just go to Preferences | Software Update, and tick "Inform me of beta releases", then click on "Check for updates now".

Back