Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Has anybody updated their BIOS to F7b version yet? Released on 2‎020/11/03? I have an 4K display will like to see what "Improve UHD BD (4K BD) support" means. Will upgrade to it soon. I hope it means that BIOS rendering in lower resolution (looks like 720p) is fixed. It looks pathetic on 4K display, despite being seldom in BIOS.

** CORRECTION to OpenCore 0.6.3 Mini-Guide **

If you recently upgraded to OpenCore 0.6.3, please note that the instructions for Board Serial Number were wrong.
  • The original OpenCore 0.6.3 mini-guide instructed you to copy Board ID from Hackintool into the MLB field in OpenCore Configurator.
  • However, we need to copy Board Serial Number from Hackintool (as shown below) into MLB.
  • Please make this correction. Your original Board Serial Number can be found in the previous OpenCore 0.6.2 config.plist.

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 3.47.17 AM.png

hey Casey:

My build is using iMacPro1,1 and I have the Device Property for iGPU enabled. Everything seems to be running smooth. Should I disable the entry?
Technically we should disable the Device Property entry for iGPU when iGPU is disabled in BIOS. Keeping it won't cause any harm, but it's best to disable it.

Here it is.
As shown below, your Thunderbolt configuration is half good, half bad. The bad part includes the USB ports and both of the Thunderbolt ports.

Please post your Thunderbolt SSDT.

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 4.06.24 AM.png

@CaseySJ Ok, this happens, when using your SSDT-TB3HP.aml. Now i've tried my old tb.aml and everything looks fine again.

Attachments

• TB-ACPI.zip
    4 KB · Views: 51
@CaseySJ Ok, this happens, when using your SSDT-TB3HP.aml. Now i've tried my old tb.aml and everything looks fine again.
Interesting! The main difference between the two files is that mine is enclosed in the conditional block:
Code:
if (_OSI ("Darwin"))
{
    // Create Thunderbolt device tree
}
Anyway, please continue to use your file.

Technically we should disable the Device Property entry for iGPU when iGPU is disabled in BIOS. Keeping it won't cause any harm, but it's best to disable it.
My iGPU is enabled in BIOS but I can't see it in System Information. So it's not in headless mode, right?

Maybe because my hackintosh is configured as an iMacPro1,1?

My iGPU is enabled in BIOS but I can't see it in System Information. So it's not in headless mode, right?

Maybe because my hackintosh is configured as an iMacPro1,1?
macOS doesn't show the iGPU anywhere if it's in headless mode. Only well to tell is to see if the Intel iGPU driver is attached to the iGPU in the IORegistry.

Found a weird issue with Catalina on my i9 490 D build. In System Prefs it says not connected to network, but I am. I have an IP address when I scan for it, but it is not connected in Network settings. If I turn it off in Network settings, I am still connected. Any ideas what is going on?

Back