Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ Great work with this thread and thanks for your support !

I am WIP with a Z490 gaming X
I try to install Mojave with OC 0.6.2 - I failed to reach the apple installer (stuck on apple logo after picker then reboot)
The last OC log I get is (attached) : OCI4: Manifest (2738) for 6D6B7264 parse fail with code 1

I saw you also did not succeed installing mojave on the vision D, do you remember the stage and why it failed ?

Attachments

• opencore-2020-11-01-231945.txt
    256 KB · Views: 50
@CaseySJ Great work with this thread and thanks for your support !

I am WIP with a Z490 gaming X
I try to install Mojave with OC 0.6.2 - I failed to reach the apple installer (stuck on apple logo after picker then reboot)
The last OC log I get is (attached) : OCI4: Manifest (2738) for 6D6B7264 parse fail with code 1

I saw you also did not succeed installing mojave on the vision D, do you remember the stage and why it failed ?
Hello @favoriti,

Despite making a serious attempt, I was unable to install Mojave on my Z490 Vision D. I'm not sure if anyone has installed Mojave on a Z490 system with Comet Lake CPU.

For Mojave, it is better to use a Z390 board with Coffee Lake such as Gigabyte Z390 Designare.

It begins in 8 days!

Despite making a serious attempt, I was unable to install Mojave on my Z490 Vision D. I'm not sure if anyone has installed Mojave on a Z490 system with Comet Lake CPU.
looks like we need to spoof a supported CPU by using the OC emulate kernel property,
anyway I have installed Catalina with no problem , will start and maybe stay with it
thanks for your answer !

If the computer freezes only during idle periods, perhaps the problem is related to entering or exiting sleep mode? If you manually put the computer to sleep, does it (a) enter sleep and stay asleep, and (b) wake up properly?

macOS performs various tasks in the background during idle periods, such as:
  • Analyze images in the Photos library
  • Perform Spotlight indexing
  • Synchronize with iCloud
  • Etc.
So let's try this:
  • From System Preferences --> Energy Saver, move the slider all the way to the right, where it says Never. This disables sleep.
  • Use the computer for a couple of days to see if it still freezes.
If the computer still freezes, then try this:
  • Restore the System Preferences --> Energy Saver slide back to its original position to re-enable sleep after X minutes.
  • But now log out of iCloud from System Preferences --> Apple ID --> Overview.
  • Use the computer for a couple of days to see if it still freezes.
Thanks for your suggestions @CaseySJ

I first tried the never sleep option and it still kept crashing mostly after leaving it idle.

After 2 days I restored my Energy Saver Preferences and I logged out of iCloud to use it.
The crashing seemed a little less frequent but it still happened 3 or times over the last 2 days,
it crashed twice while using Gmail in Safari.
The computer goes into overdrive and pushes out hot air after it crashes.

I saved some of the crash reports it generated and attached it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 16.35.08.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 16.35.08.png
    468.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 15.24.06.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 15.24.06.png
    451.3 KB · Views: 67
Thanks for your suggestions @CaseySJ

I first tried the never sleep option and it still kept crashing mostly after leaving it idle.

After 2 days I restored my Energy Saver Preferences and I logged out of iCloud to use it.
The crashing seemed a little less frequent but it still happened 3 or times over the last 2 days,
it crashed twice while using Gmail in Safari.
The computer goes into overdrive and pushes out hot air after it crashes.

I saved some of the crash reports it generated and attached it.
As a continuation of Process of Elimination, let's now avoid using Safari for a few days.

Because your CPU lacks an iGPU, are you using iMacPro1,1 or another Intel Xeon-based sysdef?

Update: The screenshots show you're using iMac20,2. Please try switching to iMacPro1,1 for a few days and disable the Device Property for iGPU as shown:

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 4.54.45 PM.png

Last edited:
Just upgraded to OC0.63 following Dortania guide (4 kexts , EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi, EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi, EFI/OC/Drivers/OpenRuntime) and that's all.
Looking smooth.
Anyone can confirm I did not forget anything?
Thanks !

Hello @favoriti,

For Mojave, it is better to use a Z390 board with Coffee Lake such as Gigabyte Z390 Designare.

I have issues getting dual monitor with Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter, but it works with RX 460 and also with iGPU acceleration

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHATHYJnfl7/

** OpenCore 0.6.3 EFI for Z490 Vision D **
Supports both Catalina and Big Sur
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Requires OpenCore Configurator 2.16.1.0 or Newer

NOTE: If you are using OpenIntelWireless to drive the on-board Intel AX201 WiFi/BT module, please jump to this post instead (updated for OpenCore 0.6.3).​

The formal release of OpenCore 0.6.3 has arrived, along with an update of VirtualSMC, Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC.

This EFI contains the following changes:

Bootloader / Kexts:
All of the items listed below are official builds.
  • OpenCore 0.6.3
  • VirtualSMC 1.1.8
  • Lilu 1.4.9
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.4
  • AppleALC 1.5.4
config.plist Changes:
  • Kernel --> ExtendBTFeatureFlags --> False
  • Misc --> Security --> SecureBootModel --> Disabled (change to Default for OpenIntelWireless)
How to Use:
  1. Find a USB flash disk with an EFI partition, or format the USB flash disk in Disk Utility with Scheme = GUID Partition Map and Format = MacOS Extended (Journaled).
  2. Mount EFI partition of the USB flash disk.
  3. Download the attached ZIP into the top level of the EFI partition of the USB flash disk. When the file is unzipped, there will be a folder called OC-063-VISION-D.
  4. Rename this folder to EFI, otherwise the system will not boot.
  5. Use HackinDROM to transfer PlatformInfo from existing OpenCore config.plist to new version. Please follow the guide by clicking here.
  1. Inside the EFI/OC subfolder are two standard config files:
    • config-AMD-GPU.plist (choose this if using an AMD GPU)
    • config-Intel-iGPU.plist (choose this only if no AMD GPU is present)
  2. Pick one of the files above, rename it to config.plist, and open this config.plist in OpenCore Configurator version 2.16.1.0 or later.
  3. From OpenCore Configurator's File --> Preferences, select Official --> OC 0.6.3 Release Version as shown:
    OCC Preferences.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 6.31.10 AM.png
  4. Click on PlatformInfo --> DataHub - Generic - PlatformNVRAM and copy/paste existing serial numbers and UUID into the fields shown in red.
    • Use Hackintool to copy existing values:
      Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 3.47.17 AM.png
    • And paste them here one by one:
      PlatformInfo.png
  5. Save the file.
After the modified config.plist has been copied to the EFI/OC folder of the USB flash disk, proceed as follows:
  1. Reboot and press F12 at the BIOS Splash Screen. When the BIOS Boot Menu (not OpenCore Picker) appears, select the USB flash disk.
  2. Warning: It may be necessary to reset NVRAM one time prior to booting macOS. This can be done by pressing spacebar at the OpenCore Picker and choosing Reset NVRAM. On multi-boot systems, select the default startup disk in System Preferences --> Startup Disk.
  3. At the OpenCore 0.6.3 Picker menu, select and boot the internal macOS disk.
  4. If everything works correctly, copy the new OpenCore EFI folder from the USB flash disk to the EFI partition of the main macOS SSD.
CAUTION:
  • If you are using a custom Thunderbolt SSDT or any other custom SSDTs or Kexts, please update your config.plist accordingly.
  • During startup or reboot, the Gigabyte splash screen may take several seconds to clear, which means the OpenCore Picker GUI will take more time to appear. If this happens, the delay could be fixed by removing AudioDxe.efi from the OpenCore config.plist.
    Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 12.44.30 PM.png

Attachments

• OC-063-VISION-D.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 283
Last edited:
** OpenCore 0.6.3 EFI for Z490 Vision D **
Supports both Catalina and Big Sur
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Requires OpenCore Configurator 2.16.0.0 or Newer

NOTE: If you are using OpenIntelWireless to drive the on-board Intel AX201 WiFi/BT module, please jump to this post instead (still on OC 0.6.2).​

The formal release of OpenCore 0.6.3 has arrived, along with an update of VirtualSMC, Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC.

This EFI contains the following changes:

Bootloader / Kexts:
All of the items listed below are official builds.
  • OpenCore 0.6.3
  • VirtualSMC 1.1.8
  • Lilu 1.4.9
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.4
  • AppleALC 1.5.4
config.plist Changes:
  • Kernel --> ExtendBTFeatureFlags --> False
  • Misc --> Security --> SecureBootModel --> Disabled (change to Default for OpenIntelWireless)
How to Use:
  1. Find a USB flash disk with an EFI partition, or format the USB flash disk in Disk Utility with Scheme = GUID Partition Map and Format = MacOS Extended (Journaled).
  2. Mount EFI partition of the USB flash disk.
  3. Download the attached ZIP into the top level of the EFI partition of the USB flash disk. When the file is unzipped, there will be a folder called OC-063-VISION-D.
  4. Rename this folder to EFI, otherwise the system will not boot.
  5. Inside the EFI/OC subfolder are two standard config files:
    • config-AMD-GPU.plist (choose this if using an AMD GPU)
    • config-Intel-iGPU.plist (choose this only if no AMD GPU is present)
  6. Pick one of the files above, rename it to config.plist, and open this config.plist in OpenCore Configurator version 2.16.0.0 or later.
  7. From OpenCore Configurator's File --> Preferences, select Official --> OC 0.6.3 Development or Release Version as shown:
    View attachment 494063View attachment 494062
  8. Click on PlatformInfo --> DataHub - Generic - PlatformNVRAM and copy/paste existing serial numbers and UUID into the fields shown in red.
  9. Save the file.
  10. Reboot and press F12 at the BIOS Splash Screen. When the BIOS Boot Menu (not OpenCore Picker) appears, select the USB flash disk.
  11. Warning: It may be necessary to reset NVRAM one time prior to booting macOS. This can be done by pressing spacebar at the OpenCore Picker and choosing Reset NVRAM. On multi-boot systems, select the default startup disk in System Preferences --> Startup Disk.
  12. At the OpenCore 0.6.3 Picker menu, select and boot the internal macOS disk.
  13. If everything works correctly, copy the new OpenCore EFI folder from the USB flash disk to the EFI partition of the main macOS SSD.
Hello my friend! My system is as follows:
I have BigSur beta 11.01
Giagabyte Vision D Bios ver. F6
Cpu i9-10850k
Gpu IGPU UHD630
Will the above Efi work for my system, will everything work 100% well?

Back