Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hello, a newbie user here. After 12 years of using MacPros (1,1 and 5.1), I decided to get a hackintosh due to Apple's high prices.

I would like to thank CaseySJ for this wonderful guide, I was able to install everything without a problem. I've been doing my usual video editing work on my computer for 4 days and it works really well, at the moment the machine is really fast and Catalina is stable. I have the equivalent of a high-performance iMac at a third of the price.

I'm using at the moment my old RX580 Pulse, I will upgrade to a 5700 XT or maybe one of the new Navi2 cards if they become compatible.
Glad to hear it and welcome to the forum!

Anybody know what changes there are in the new 10.15.7 (19H4) over the old 10.15.7 (19H2)?

I saw a post late yesterday on another site, but it seems to have disappeared now, that suggested it was an update to better support the new AMD 6000 cards when they are released. Probably just a rumour as it was released on the same day as the announcement, but who knows.

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 20.21.47.png

I can't find this update from 'system update' in my MBP...

Anybody know what changes there are in the new 10.15.7 (19H4) over the old 10.15.7 (19H2)?

I saw a post late yesterday on another site, but it seems to have disappeared now, that suggested it was an update to better support the new AMD 6000 cards when they are released. Probably just a rumour as it was released on the same day as the announcement, but who knows.

View attachment 493586

I can't find this update from 'system update' in my MBP...
It appeared on my Hackintosh yesterday but hasn't on my real 2019 MPB. There isn't a separate update on the Apple site but the whole thing is downloadable from Apple if you use gibMacos or runme-downloader.
Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 22.54.10.png

Maybe 6000 series driver is in it? :lol:

It appeared on my Hackintosh yesterday but hasn't on my real 2019 MPB. There isn't a separate update on the Apple site but the whole thing is downloadable from Apple if you use gibMacos or runme-downloader.View attachment 493598

macOS 11.0.1 (Public Beta #7)
Smooth update. When system reboots, choose "Macintosh HD" if present in OpenCore Picker.

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 5.30.34 PM.png

Hi Casey,

First of all, thanks a lot for another incredible and flawless guide. I got your guide of Z390 almost two years ago and got a hackintosh running smooth.

Now I got new components (Z490, 10900k, RX 5700xt) and this guide is even smoother than the other one.

Thank you!

I just having a problem here: I got files for Intel Wi-fi and BT in your post and changed my EFI, Bluetooth is working but I have no Wi-fi. Not the menu icon neither wi-fi interface in System Information.

I also tried to change config.plist enabling itlwm and disabling AirportItlwm but no success.

Do you have any idea why I don't get wi-fi working?

Thanks

Hi Casey,

First of all, thanks a lot for another incredible and flawless guide. I got your guide of Z390 almost two years ago and got a hackintosh running smooth.

Now I got new components (Z490, 10900k, RX 5700xt) and this guide is even smoother than the other one.

Thank you!

I just having a problem here: I got files for Intel Wi-fi and BT in your post and changed my EFI, Bluetooth is working but I have no Wi-fi. Not the menu icon neither wi-fi interface in System Information.

I also tried to change config.plist enabling itlwm and disabling AirportItlwm but no success.

Do you have any idea why I don't get wi-fi working?

Thanks
Hello @xdev,

Glad to hear the build went well! Regarding Intel WiFi, please check if SecureBootModel is set to Default (not Disabled) in the Misc —> Boot section.

I've tried this method to get the LG Ultrafine 5K to run in 4K (see attachment), but unfortunately the monitor stays black:
secconnectivity02.jpg

I was able to turn it on one time, but it could only display in the Gigabyte Boot screen, in BIOS and in OpenCore Boot Menu, and only after I have done the following in BIOS:

Settings > IO Ports > Initial Display Ports = "IGFX" (was earlier "PCIe 1 Slot", where I have my Radeon VII)
+
Settings > IO Ports > Internal Graphics = Enabled (was earlier "Disabled")

When I go into the boot menu and select my OSX boot drive to start OSX, the apple loading screen starts and halfway thru the monitor shuts off again.

Strangely though is that the OSX system recognizes the speakers which are fully functional and the 1080p web camera as well as the microphone next to it. So I can use these, but the panel is completely off.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Gigabyte only write how I should plug the cables, which I have done and which apparently have been done correctly (otherwise I would never be able to see anything on the monitor?). But they don't write anywhere if I need to change anything in BIOS or do anything else to get it to work.

I have written to Gigabyte's support about this, but as people may know it takes about a week to get a reply, which doesn't make it very helpful.

I have ordered a GC-Titan Ridge AIC to get full 5K, but unfortunately I will have that card in 2 weeks from now, so finding a solution with the on-board Thunderbolt ports waiting for it would be very pleasant.

Last edited:
Hello @xdev,

Glad to hear the build went well! Regarding Intel WiFi, please check if SecureBootModel is set to Default (not Disabled) in the Misc —> Boot section.

It worked!!! Thank you so much!

I'll be testing audio stuff (UAD, RME, plugins, etc) in the next days then I'll post results here.

Back