Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Greetings... I have not had success with the OpenIntelWireless kext(s) and OpenCore 0.6.2. I've tried both, disabled SIP, with and without Heliport. No luck. Heliport doesn't see the device. I can confirm wireless is working with my Windows installation. Any thoughts/suggestions would be most welcome. Thank you!

Yes, the Apollo x6. I have the uad software installed, but its telling me that there are no devices found.

I am using the Apollo X6 on 10.15.7 with the original TB3 cable that came with it. I followed CaseySJ’s guide strictly and in BIOS (ver. F5) I did set the Thunderbolt Boot Support option to “Boot Once”. I suggest that you check that your BIOS is setup correct.

I switched by mistake the hard drives slots (dual boot with windows) and it messed up the booting section by itself

I am back on initial drive position

Is there a easy way to display the boot option windows & hackintosh. Right now it boots by default into windows

Thank you
With OpenCore, we choose the Startup Disk in System Preferences --> Startup Disk.

Hi @CaseySJ

Being almost at the end of the set up I am now working on the visual aspects of the MB according to your post:

Good point my case Cooler Master COSMOS C700P is 100% synchronised too :)
Everything sounds good except that I have the feeling that the visual effects are not all "on". I see only the DESIGNARE logo (pic enclosed).
In addition to that do you know how to enable the "GIGABYTE" logo of the RX 5700 XT? (I know it's a bit out of the scope of this tutorial...).
With these last 2 points, I would have a 100% config matching your initial post (such a great job and thanks again !)
Hello @DominiqueGormand,

Unfortunately at this time liquidctl cannot control RGB channels on a video card (or even on memory DIMMs).

Greetings... I have not had success with the OpenIntelWireless kext(s) and OpenCore 0.6.2. I've tried both, disabled SIP, with and without Heliport. No luck. Heliport doesn't see the device. I can confirm wireless is working with my Windows installation. Any thoughts/suggestions would be most welcome. Thank you!
Please check whether Misc --> Security --> SecureBootModel is set to Default. This is currently necessary.

I am using the Apollo X6 on 10.15.7 with the original TB3 cable that came with it. I followed CaseySJ’s guide strictly and in BIOS (ver. F5) I did set the Thunderbolt Boot Support option to “Boot Once”. I suggest that you check that your BIOS is setup correct.
My friend,you saved me, thank you! Changing to “Boot Once”worked!

Last edited:
Please check whether Misc --> Security --> SecureBootModel is set to Default. This is currently necessary.
Thanks CaseySJ.. I have adjusted as you've suggested, however upon reboot system reports critical error "OC:Cannot use Secure Boot with Any Dmg loading! Halting on critical error

Thanks @CaseySJ for this helpful post! I'm about to buy the components for a hackintosh, however, I'd be interested to use an LG UltraFine 5K display with it. Would Z490 Vision D + RX 5700 XT work with it, or should I look at something else?

Last edited:
Back