Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi,

Getting an error when trying to install Catalina. Think it goes wrong in step 2 already when I'm trying this step:

• Open a Terminal window and type:
  • sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/Catalina-USB
I'm getting this:

/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app does not appear to be a valid OS installer application.

I'm using this version:

1. macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2)

- 001-51042 - Added 2020-09-24 17:09:31 - 8.75 GB

Anyone knows where this goes wrong?

Thanks,

Daan

Yes, I think I created the custom drom, but I was not sure what I was doing following the steps, is there any way to check it?
Please post your Thunderbolt SSDT and I'll take a look.

Hi,

Getting an error when trying to install Catalina. Think it goes wrong in step 2 already when I'm trying this step:

• Open a Terminal window and type:
  • sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/Catalina-USB
I'm getting this:

/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app does not appear to be a valid OS installer application.

I'm using this version:

1. macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2)

- 001-51042 - Added 2020-09-24 17:09:31 - 8.75 GB

Anyone knows where this goes wrong?

Thanks,

Daan
This is most likely due to an incomplete download. If you used GibMacOS then please do this:
  • Open the GibMacOS-master folder and look for a sub-folder called macOS Downloads.
  • Delete the entire macOS Downloads folder.
  • Run gibMacOS.command again and re-download Catalina.
  • When it's downloaded, quit and run BuildmacOSInstallApp.command again.
  • Copy the new Install macOS Catalina from the gibMacOS-master/macOS Downloads/publicrelease folder to /Applications folder.
  • Now try it again.

Last edited:
Ok, I attach it here, thank you.
Hello!
Just checked your SSDT and noticed that you put your Thunderbolt Bus ID to .... 7! Do you have 6 other Thunderbolt Controllers in your machine ? :mrgreen:

Ok, I attach it here, thank you.

Hello!
Just checked your SSDT and noticed that you put your Thunderbolt Bus ID to .... 7! Do you have 6 other Thunderbolt Controllers in your machine ? :mrgreen:
@Inqnuam -- Good catch!
@Fabrizzioa04 -- Please use HackinDROM again, but this time set Bus ID to 0. Feel free to post the new SSDT for us to check. This by itself may or may not solve the original problem, but let's start by using Bus ID 0.

If your RAM is suspect, I strongly recommend downloading memtest86 onto a USB stick and booting from that to run a full test. Either the memory is bad and you won't be able to rely on the computer for anything until it is replaced, or it's fine and then you've eliminated one possibility so you can focus on finding the real problem. Either way, letting a test run for a few hours is a good time investment to have confirmation.
Thanks for responding. I just finished the memtest86 and it produced 0 errors for both sticks.
Any other suggestions as to what the random lock up/freeze problem could be?

@Inqnuam -- Good catch!
@Fabrizzioa04 -- Please use HackinDROM again, but this time set Bus ID to 0. Feel free to post the new SSDT for us to check. This by itself may or may not solve the original problem, but let's start by using Bus ID 0.
Thank you @CaseySJ I think I dit it right this time :)

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-DROM-HOTPLUG.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 49
Thank you @CaseySJ I think I dit it right this time :)
Yes, it's correct. Please post a screenshot of System Information --> Thunderbolt with and without the Thunderbolt audio interface connected.

Last edited:
Back