Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ , I know you have been very busy for the past 12 hours (as usual answering to all comments and requests :) )
Did you have time to investigate the issue on NVRAM csr-active-config I mentionned earlier?
The value on your EFI folder #1 is E7030000, which enable to install V10 BIg Sur but prevent to reboot when install is completely done. Only Catalina booting with this setup
I found on another forum that the value should be 00000000, and this is confirmed on the Dortania guide.
No longer an issue for me as i installed both OSX and can boot on them. But it could be helpful for some other users...
Thanks again for all your support !

del

Last edited:
@CaseySJ , I know you have been very busy for the past 12 hours (as usual answering to all comments and requests :) )
Did you have time to investigate the issue on NVRAM csr-active-config I mentionned earlier?
The value on your EFI folder #1 is E7030000, which enable to install V10 BIg Sur but prevent to reboot when install is completely done. Only Catalina booting with this setup
I found on another forum that the value should be 00000000, and this is confirmed on the Dortania guide.
No longer an issue for me as i installed both OSX and can boot on them. But it could be helpful for some other users...
Thanks again for all your support !
I don’t know what setting E7030000 represents, but 00000000 is ‘SIP enabled’ (system integrity protection)
And ideally, one should also boot from the recovery disk, open the terminal and type ‘csrutil enable’ to ensure SIP is fully enabled. The only downside is you can’t have unsigned kexts in library/extensions/ or system/library/extensions/, but by now we all should have moved away from placing them there, and instead be injecting them with opencore (lilu, whatevergreen, etc)

First of all thanks to @CaseySJ for his excellent guide and help.

I was one of the people who had trouble installing Catalina with a USB stick a while back. @CaseySJ suggested installing Catalina on a external SSD with a Macbook Pro. I did that and it worked great, no problems. Sleep and waking up worked as well as did WIFI and Bluetooth.
After cloning it to my Sabrent internal drive I installed 2 more drives and a Syba Firewire PCI E SY-PEX30016
After installing the MOTU drivers I hooked up my trusty MOTU 828 MK3 Firewire audio interface and it was recognized
and it is working great. No dropouts at all. The only problem was sleep and shutdown didn't work anymore but after
trying turning off the MOTU interface first, sleep and shut down worked again. So happy I still can use my MOTU audio interface. I even got my Frontier Design Alphatrack one fader console to work as well.

There is only one lingering problem I have though. The computer is randomly freezing/locking up out of the blue.
Very strange. It reminds me of that time when my Mac Pro 3.1 was randomly freezing and it turned out to be a
bad memory stick. Do other people with Corsair Vengeance LPX have similar experiences?

Here is my build:

• Fractal Design Define 7 compact
  • Intel i9 10900F
  • Gigabyte Vision D
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB)
  • Saphire Pulse RX580
  • Noctua NH-U12S
  • Fenvi FV-T919
  • Sabrent Rocket NVME drive
  • Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold Series 750W

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

Attachments

• crash report.png
    crash report.png
    464.3 KB · Views: 67
If your RAM is suspect, I strongly recommend downloading memtest86 onto a USB stick and booting from that to run a full test. Either the memory is bad and you won't be able to rely on the computer for anything until it is replaced, or it's fine and then you've eliminated one possibility so you can focus on finding the real problem. Either way, letting a test run for a few hours is a good time investment to have confirmation.

Hello CaseySJ, Hello all, I'm new here. I want to thank you CaseySJ. Built my first hackintosh with your wonderful guide. UAD is running. Firewire Apollo too. The most important thing.
The only issue was, after installing Catalina, Windows didn't boot anymore. In Bios Windows Bootloader vanished. But I still have a win 10 PC. So what..
I hope t find a solution for Intel Bluetooth and WiFi, or you know some. Cause I have no place for a PCi card.

Thanks

First Post was on the wrong thread, sorry.

Hello CaseySJ, Hello all, I'm new here. I want to thank you CaseySJ. Built my first hackintosh with your wonderful guide. UAD is running. Firewire Apollo too. The most important thing.
The only issue was, after installing Catalina, Windows didn't boot anymore. In Bios Windows Bootloader vanished. But I still have a win 10 PC. So what..
I hope t find a solution for Intel Bluetooth and WiFi, or you know some. Cause I have no place for a PCi card.

Thanks
Hello @Shogu,

Glad to hear it and welcome to the forum! I've moved your post from the Z390 Designare thread to the Z490 Vision D thread.

To install Windows 10, we should follow a special procedure described here (see Troubleshooting / FAQ section in Post 1 or simply click here).

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 9.40.12 AM.png

Regarding Intel Bluetooth and WiFi, please note that the drivers are experimental and not ready for daily use. You can still experiment with them (but do not expect 'production ready' results) by reviewing the guide located here.

This might be a known issue with certain MSI RX 5700XT GPUs. Some things to try:
  • If there's a physical switch on the card to flip between Normal and OverClock modes, flip it to Normal mode.
  • In BIOS, try enabling CSM Support if it is not already enabled.
@digimax or anyone else with an MSI RX 5700XT:

I vaguely recall seeing a simple Device Properties patch that improves the reliability of certain MSI RX 5700XT cards. Does anyone know that that is?

Code:
GPU Not Found! PCI Config Access Fails!!!

Thank you @CaseySJ After a bit of googling, I found the PCI Device Property patch for MSI 5700XT cards. I'm putting it here below in case it helps anyone. Full credit goes to Corenzan (not sure if they're registered here under the same name.) I believe the vbios is for a Sapphire 5700 XT

Code:
<key>DeviceProperties</key>
<dict>
    <key>Add</key>
    <dict>
        <key>[GPU PCI ADDRESS]</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATY,Rom#</key>
            <string>113-D1990103-O09</string>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict

I also enabled CSM in the BIOS and I'm happy to report that between CSM and the above property, so far it seems to have fixed the long sleep stability issues. Fingers crossed!

Thank you @CaseySJ After a bit of googling, I found the PCI Device Property patch for MSI 5700XT cards. I'm putting it here below in case it helps anyone. Full credit goes to Corenzan (not sure if they're registered here under the same name.) I believe the vbios is for a Sapphire 5700 XT

I also enabled CSM in the BIOS and I'm happy to report that between CSM and the above property, so far it seems to have fixed the long sleep stability issues. Fingers crossed!
Yes, that's exactly the right property. Glad you found it!!

Added to Troubleshooting / FAQ:

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 10.37.20 AM.png

Last edited:
Back