Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

App Store issue is also a common problem that is typically due to missing en0 Ethernet port. Have a look at System Information —> Network to see if en0 is present. If not, we can delete /Library/Preferences/NetworkPreferences.plist, then reboot.
I became aware of the problem when I tried to open iStat Menus that was on the previous system. It would open then immediately crash. I went to App Store to download a fresh install and this is when I found the App Store problem.

App Store issue is also a common problem that is typically due to missing en0 Ethernet port. Have a look at System Information —> Network to see if en0 is present. If not, we can delete /Library/Preferences/NetworkPreferences.plist, then reboot.
Hi @CaseySJ this I what I found, four Ethernet ports...
Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 9.17.39 AM.png

I am not finding /Library/Preferences/NetworkPreferences.plist in /Library/Preferences/

@CaseySJ do you or anybody else had any issue with booting windows 10 after switching to 0.6.2?
I updated last week to 0.6.2 and Macos has been booting fine. Tonight I booted windows 10 and after seeng the windows 10 spinning dots for a couple of seconds, the system reset, back to bios post, OC picker. It simply won't boot.
Lucky I had a backup of my 0.6.1 EFI so I swapped EFI, rebooted, reset nvram, reboot windows 10 and it was fine. writing this post from windows 10.
Something definitely in 0.6.2
I have not investigated yet, just wondering if people had suggestions first
This sounds like an SSDT issue in which not all SSDTs are checking for macOS. When you updated to OpenCore 0.6.2, did you replace the entire previous OpenCore 0.6.1 folder with the new OpenCore 0.6.2 folder and then transfer PlatformInfo into one of the new config plist files?

The OpenCore 0.6.2 ZIP contains new versions of SSDTs that do check for macOS.

Hi @CaseySJ this I what I found, four Ethernet ports...View attachment 491570
I am not finding /Library/Preferences/NetworkPreferences.plist in /Library/Preferences/
What specifically is the problem with the macOS App Store?

Because en0 exists, there's no need to delete the network preferences file. But let me correct myself...the location of that file is:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

and the name of the file is:

NetworkInterfaces.plist

Last edited:
What specifically is the problem with the macOS App Store?

Because en0 exists, there's no need to delete the network preferences file. But let me correct myself...the location of that file is:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

and the name of the file is:

NetworkInterfaces.plist
I cannot download anything from the App Store. I click on "buy" or click on the cloud icon for the app I already have had but does not exist on the new Os drive and no download happens.

Hi there,

I'm using the latest AirportItlwm drivers to run a AX 200 Intel module.
WiFi runs without issues, so it seems, but bluetooth is allover the place. I can pair devices but then the mouse button of a bluetooth mouse doesn't work and the device disconnects and connects over and over.
Is bluetooth stable on your board? Should I put the bluetooth kexts in L/E instead of EFI/OC/KEXTS?

Thanks a lot.

I have the same problem. Wifi connection works but speed is low (about 57MB/s while my MBPro speed is 457 MB/s)
In the bluetooth panel I can see two or three instances of the same mouse and then when I try to connect I can only get a connect/disconnect sequence. I tried also last beta version of airportitlwm, secure boot model is set to default as stated but still doesn't works; still trying different solution I hope to get it works soon :)

Apologies, I know that I have raised this issue before but does anyone else experience regular system hangs at the Gigabyte Splash Screen. The only method of recovery may be one or more attempts at Reset, or Power Down and Reboot.

Once I have managed a successful boot with Windows, Catalina or Big Sur, my system seems stable and reliable with no crashes or instability. Then there may be a number of successful boot ups until the next time there is a hang at the Gigabyte Splash Screen when the cycle repeats.
I'm in the club. I'm using Catalina and my sistem is very stable, never a problem; sleep and wake-up works perfectly with no fault simply copying @CaseySJ refi and setting my ID. a paradise where to work. the only "bug" at this moment is bluetooth that doesn't works.
When I change the bios settings at the reboot system hang at bios splash screen that display a "fog" with a lot of digital noise (using photographic language). then at the reboot I get a blank screen with forbidden signal and then... all start to works with no problem until the next time I change something in the bios settings
Its a mystery to me

And finally, a small but odd bit of behavior, at OC Boot picker, the EFI partition is a choice, rather that is what is always chosen. I have made sure that OC is chosen in BIOS Boot but the Boot Picker chooses EFI. I have also tried choosing the system drive in BIOS with the same result in OC Boot Picker. How to resolve this?

And finally, a small but odd bit of behavior, at OC Boot picker, the EFI partition is a choice, rather that is what is always chosen. I have made sure that OC is chosen in BIOS Boot but the Boot Picker chooses EFI. I have also tried choosing the system drive in BIOS with the same result in OC Boot Picker. How to resolve this?
in system preferences you can choose your startup disk there

Hello!

I hope someone can help me regarding slow export times in H.265. I have attempted to solve the issue myself using answers from the forum but I’m really stuck.

My system is currently set in headless mode using platform id 0x3E980003 with a Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse. The export time is very slow and on iStats I cannot see that the cpu is used during export; the igpu is also not visible on iStats. Furthermore, I cannot see the igpu listed in System Properties nor can I benchmark it using Geekbench5 although it is listed.

So I thought I’d play around with the platform id. First, I followed the instructions in the spoiler Fix slow video render times Radeon VII. I followed all 3 steps in the Spoiler. Copied the new EFI folder to a bootable USB and booted from the USB to test. But after booting, I get a blank screen. Thinking that it’s the wrong platform id, I changed it to 0300C89B but still getting the blank screen.

Is this because of a wrong platform ID? Or does the Vega 56 require a different one? Or is it because I’m booting from the USB? Im not 100% sure if I am doing this correctly. Also, I read somewhere that updating Device Property to UHD 630 might help but I don’t know where to do this.

Thanks in advance!

Back