Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ an observation about the Fenvi and wifi downloads, last night the Bluetooth started to act up. Both of the Magic Mouse (Mice?) started getting jittery. I removed the Fence and replaced it with the Wifi Bluetooth card from the previous system, no more jittery mice. Here's the kicker... the Wifi is just as slow for the downloads! On the Z370/8700k system I was getting 107mbs! Strange, no? Could the board, config.plist be the problem?

Additionally, the sleep problem will not go away. It sleeps for a second or two and then wakes. Here is the config.plist Let me know what you think. Thank you.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
@CaseySJ an observation about the Fenvi and wifi downloads, last night the Bluetooth started to act up. Both of the Magic Mouse (Mice?) started getting jittery. I removed the Fence and replaced it with the Wifi Bluetooth card from the previous system, no more jittery mice. Here's the kicker... the Wifi is just as slow for the downloads! On the Z370/8700k system I was getting 107mbs! Strange, no? Could the board, config.plist be the problem?

Additionally, the sleep problem will not go away. It sleeps for a second or two and then wakes. Here is the config.plist Let me know what you think. Thank you.
Please refer to the Sleep Aid. There is nothing else I can add that isn't mentioned in that guide.

I am having the same issue but only on restart and only if I perform the restart from MacOs. It will restart then will hang on the Gigabyte logo splash screen and the various options (F12, etc.) displayed at the bottom of the screen. Only solution is to power off then power on and then boot is ok.
If I boot windows 10 from OC then restart, no problem at all. Gigabyte logo is displayed along with the options at the bottom of the screen, options disappear, OC boot picker/icons are displayed and everything is fine. I can boot again windows 10 then restart and it will work 100% of the time. I have not figure out what the issue is.
I have had no troubles at all with this until today, and i’m experiencing the same thing. If I restart from within MacOS, it hangs at the splash screen. Never had any problem with numerous restarts between MacOS and Windows sessions, testing EFI configurations etc. It seems just reading your post has transferred the problem to my system

My bad! Thunderbolt looks OK then :thumbup:
But yes, for AirportItlwm.kext (and BT handsoff) to work, i need SecureBootModel to Default.

I wonder if this should be reported to the OpenIntelWireless team or the Acidanthera team?

Seems this is already a known issue! From the OpenIntelWireless GitHub site:

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 11.01.13 AM.png

Attachments

• Sleep-Log.txt.zip
    20.4 KB · Views: 46
Hi there,

I'm using the latest AirportItlwm drivers to run a AX 200 Intel module.
WiFi runs without issues, so it seems, but bluetooth is allover the place. I can pair devices but then the mouse button of a bluetooth mouse doesn't work and the device disconnects and connects over and over.
Is bluetooth stable on your board? Should I put the bluetooth kexts in L/E instead of EFI/OC/KEXTS?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I'm using the latest AirportItlwm drivers to run a AX 200 Intel module.
WiFi runs without issues, so it seems, but bluetooth is allover the place. I can pair devices but then the mouse button of a bluetooth mouse doesn't work and the device disconnects and connects over and over.
Is bluetooth stable on your board? Should I put the bluetooth kexts in L/E instead of EFI/OC/KEXTS?

Thanks a lot.
Please do not quote the various guides that are in this thread. See the 2nd line just below the title.

Intel Bluetooth drivers are still in development. They're getting better, but there are some issues. I have since gone back to the Fenvi FV-T919, but I remember the Intel Bluetooth driver working quite well with my Logitech MX Master 3 mouse in Bluetooth mode.

Please do not quote the various guides that are in this thread. See the 2nd line just below the title.

Going by the number of people who quote the full guides instead of a link, I think that a lot of users do not know how to do that. It may be a good idea to write a short guide on how to post a link rather than the full guide. The line below the title could then also point to that guide on how to post a link. Just a thought.

Please refer to the Sleep Aid. There is nothing else I can add that isn't mentioned in that guide.
I removed the USB USB cable from F-USB header. Now I have sleep. I have a 9 pin USB 2 Header Male 1 to 2/4 female extension cable card. I placed the Bluetooth USB cable and the USB 2 cable going to the front USB 2 ports (Fractal Design R6) So all is cool. Thank you!!!

Apologies, I know that I have raised this issue before but does anyone else experience regular system hangs at the Gigabyte Splash Screen. The only method of recovery may be one or more attempts at Reset, or Power Down and Reboot.

Once I have managed a successful boot with Windows, Catalina or Big Sur, my system seems stable and reliable with no crashes or instability. Then there may be a number of successful boot ups until the next time there is a hang at the Gigabyte Splash Screen when the cycle repeats.
I have that problem on my Vision D and my gaming M. Sometimes no hang at all and at other times I need to shut down and reboot. I have tried everything to eliminate the problem. If I pull the power card, it boots up normally. The Gaming M is not as bad as the Vision D. Gigabyte was no help.

Back