Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@elfcake : please do not quote mini-guides in their entirety. This is stated directly below the title of the guide.

OpenCore release package now has both IA32 and X64 directories. We use the X64 directory only. IA32 refers to Intel’s 32-bit CPU architecture.
Thank you.

Thank you.
The point you raised is quite valid so I have updated the manual upgrade procedure by adding a screenshot:

Hello @nghesi,

Glad to hear it and welcome to the forum. Good job on success-at-first-try! :)

Regarding wake-from-sleep:
  • What devices are connected to the F_USB internal USB 2 headers?
  • Are you using a WiFi/BT PCIe card? If so, which make/model?
  • Are you using a Bluetooth mouse or keyboard? If so, which make/model?
  • What is the make/model of your monitor?
  • Are you using HDMI or DisplayPort cable? Are you using any video adapters such as DP to HDMI or DP to DVI, etc.?
  • Are there any other PCIe devices in the system other than AMD RX 580 and WiFi/BT card?
Thank you for having a look at my problem, for addressing each item as following
  • What devices are connected to the F_USB internal USB 2 headers? - one F_USB1 link cable to my front USB2.0 of my case
  • Are you using a WiFi/BT PCIe card? If so, which make/model? - Not yet, I'm waiting for my Fenvi T919 to be arrived
  • Are you using a Bluetooth mouse or keyboard? If so, which make/model? - no, wired death adder mouse and keyboard
  • What is the make/model of your monitor? - It's 4K Dell U2720Q
  • Are you using HDMI or DisplayPort cable? Are you using any video adapters such as DP to HDMI or DP to DVI, etc.? - I am using DP to DP cable
  • Are there any other PCIe devices in the system other than AMD RX 580 and WiFi/BT card? - Nope
It seems like the problem came from my display ? when I have my mac sleep, it seems only the monitor is off, the blue light on the vision D and the fan of my case is still powered, the error code display is still dislaying the "R0" value make me think my mac hasn't been in real sleep but I can wake it up, however (usually in longer time) I can't wake it up anymore and I have to force power it off. Sorry for my bad English if I wasn't make sense.

And I have a track pad 2, but since I haven't got bluetooth yet, i plugged it in the USB port then my mac won't boot. but if I boot the system up and plug that in after it will work normally. Can I fix this too ?

Thank you for having a look at my problem, for addressing each item as following
  • What devices are connected to the F_USB internal USB 2 headers? - one F_USB1 link cable to my front USB2.0 of my case
  • Are you using a WiFi/BT PCIe card? If so, which make/model? - Not yet, I'm waiting for my Fenvi T919 to be arrived
  • Are you using a Bluetooth mouse or keyboard? If so, which make/model? - no, wired death adder mouse and keyboard
  • What is the make/model of your monitor? - It's 4K Dell U2720Q
  • Are you using HDMI or DisplayPort cable? Are you using any video adapters such as DP to HDMI or DP to DVI, etc.? - I am using DP to DP cable
  • Are there any other PCIe devices in the system other than AMD RX 580 and WiFi/BT card? - Nope
It seems like the problem came from my display ? when I have my mac sleep, it seems only the monitor is off, the blue light on the vision D and the fan of my case is still powered, the error code display is still dislaying the "R0" value make me think my mac hasn't been in real sleep but I can wake it up, however (usually in longer time) I can't wake it up anymore and I have to force power it off. Sorry for my bad English if I wasn't make sense.

And I have a track pad 2, but since I haven't got bluetooth yet, i plugged it in the USB port then my mac won't boot. but if I boot the system up and plug that in after it will work normally. Can I fix this too ?
Are any devices connected to the front USB 2.0 ports? My first suspicion is that the front USB 2.0 ports are interfering with sleep/wake because both of the internal F_USB headers are connected to a single USB 2.0 hub that is configured as an Internal device. This means sleep/wake may fail if an ejectable device is connected to the front panel USB 2.0 ports.

Also have a look at the Sleep Aid guide:

This is also from Handbrake 1.3.3, not sure why yours are named "Apple" and mine aren't. I honestly think I'm getting decent performance, and that it's being under reported by Intel Power Gadget for SMBIOS iMac20,2 as iStat Menus reports about 75% GPU load on conversions and 3% CPU load (Quicktime conversion of Sony Camp 4K Demo)

View attachment 491139

Thanks for checking all that stuff out for me btw!
Sorry I wasn't clear. I selected a default H.264 preset (such as Apple 1080p60) then changed the video encoder to H.264 (VideoToolBox) then save that as a Custom Preset which I called "Apple 1080p60 Surround (AppleVideoToolbox)". Did the same for H,265. There is no default presets by those names. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

Rand

@tonben
I saw your 192KHz comments but I have a Vision D with i9-10850K and an Apollo Twin. I'm getting pops and clicks at 96KHz with a 64 buffer, a 128 buffer and 256 buffer, etc.
I never had this with my i7-7700K hackintosh. What am I missing?
In the UAD groups they said I should turn a few things off in the bios (Windows users) but those weren't in any of the guides here and froze me when geek bench testing.
It was also suggested to me to overclock to prevent throttling.

My UAD is up to date. My Catalina is 10.15.6. BIOS F5

The main reason I built this system was to run more at 96KHz at a low low buffer.
@falls My apologies for the tardy response.
I work in television and as I am sure you understand, the climate has been recently and continues to be quite hectic.

Have you resolved the described issues?

Tony.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I selected a default H.264 preset (such as Apple 1080p60) then changed the video encoder to H.264 (VideoToolBox) then save that as a Custom Preset which I called "Apple 1080p60 Surround (AppleVideoToolbox)". Did the same for H,265. There is no default presets by those names. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

Rand

no worries! I think your point about the T2 is the critical piece of info here; I might try 19,1 and see if it’s a better overall experience on the hardware. Thanks so much for your insight!

Hello PPL ..
Any solution for radeon boost on Catalina and opencore 0.6.2 ?

@CaseySJ I have finally completed bench testing the Z490/10700k system and have installed the hardware into the case. The only thing that I did not test was wifi speed with the Fenvi card which as you have pointed out is very slow. I now know why the first attempt at Migration was 96 hours. Normal download is 107mbs. The Fenvi is getting about 15mbs. I will try a Youbo first and if still a problem, I will give the Intel a try. Other than that, this thing is amazing. Thanks again for all of your help.

@CaseySJ I have finally completed bench testing the Z490/10700k system and have installed the hardware into the case. The only thing that I did not test was wifi speed with the Fenvi card which as you have pointed out is very slow. I now know why the first attempt at Migration was 96 hours. Normal download is 107mbs. The Fenvi is getting about 15mbs. I will try a Youbo first and if still a problem, I will give the Intel a try. Other than that, this thing is amazing. Thanks again for all of your help.
An external (relocatable) antenna can improve the Fenvi's speed. For particularly large transfers, a wired Ethernet connection is preferable.

Back