Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hello @davidbryne,

The USB port mapping for Z490 Vision G has already been done for you. Simply download this package:

Thanks for the quick response. I've been so frustrated. That's the problem I'm having. I put the exact SSDT in my ACPI (cleaned snapshot via propertree), restarted and I have HS01-SS01 (15 limit). I've toggled properties on and off testing different configs and the USB port mapping just won't work. I've uploaded my EFI to my original message. Here is is again. I've also added a screen shot. (Also I have removed USB inject all restarted and still having the same problem).

I'm supposed to have HS01-HS07, HS09-13; SS01-07, SS10. The attached is what I get instead. The kext I made includes all my correct ports except SS10 for some reason.

Thanks for the quick response. I've been so frustrated. That's the problem I'm having. I put the exact SSDT in my ACPI (cleaned snapshot via propertree), restarted and I have HS01-SS01 (15 limit). I've toggled properties on and off testing different configs and the USB port mapping just won't work. I've uploaded my EFI to my original message. Here is is again. I've also added a screen shot. (Also I have removed USB inject all restarted and still having the same problem).

I'm supposed to have HS01-HS07, HS09-13; SS01-07, SS10. The attached is what I get instead. The kext I made includes all my correct ports except SS10 for some reason.
The USB SSDT (SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V2.aml) does not work by itself. It requires USBInjectAll.kext, so both the SSDT and USBInjectAll.kext must be present in the OC/ACPI and OC/Kexts folders, and enabled in config.plist.

Update: Based on @canyondust's keen observation below, there is a duplicated USBX device so please use the attached USB SSDT instead.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V2.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Heyya! a few things:
1) You need to have usbinjectall.kext installed to use the SSDT injection method,
2) You have doubled up USBX device in two different SSDTS (SSDT-EC-USBX.aml and SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V2.aml)
3) Unrelated, but you have IntelMausi.kext in your config.plist but the Vision-G doesn't use this hardware.

hope that helps! :)

10700k. I haven’t tried it with Catalina to be honest. I had serious bugs on that OS, ejecting all my usb drives on sleep. (I boot off of usb...) Big Sur doesn’t do that so I ditched Catalina.

Ooh maybe there's better support in Big Sur? What value are you using for AAPL,ig-platform-id?
Thanks!

@CaseySJ I see that one can update OC in the Configurator using OpenCore Downloader. Would this be the best and safest way to update to 0.6.2?

@CaseySJ

How or what can I do to keep Opencore booting choice as default? When I reboot my system the cursor goes to the Windows choice. I am using OC 0.60

Another issue I am facing is related to "Show Scroll Bar". After rebooting the my system chooses the option "Show Scroll Bar -> Automatically based on mouse trackpad" but in this case I have no scroll bar defined to any application so I go to System Preferences/Show Scroll Bar/Always. How to keep this choice permanent?

Thanks.

@CaseySJ

How or what can I do to keep Opencore booting choice as default? When I reboot my system the cursor goes to the Windows choice. I am using OC 0.60
With the OpenCore 0.6.2 zip available here, this has already been done. First we must make sure the BIOS boot order shows the macOS SSD as 1st Priority. Then OpenCore will try to keep it that way, but there are cases where Windows can change the BIOS boot order (this happens when Windows installs feature updates or other big updates).
Another issue I am facing is related to "Show Scroll Bar". After rebooting the my system chooses the option "Show Scroll Bar -> Automatically based on mouse trackpad" but in this case I have no scroll bar defined to any application so I go to System Preferences/Show Scroll Bar/Always. How to keep this choice permanent?
Have you Googled for an answer to this?

@CaseySJ

Thanks.

As @CaseySJ said above, if your system is booting straight into Windows and not showing the OC Picker unless you hit F12.

I read your question slightly differently. I thought you meant how to have the macOS boot option as the default, rather than Windows, from the OC picker. If that is the case, boot into macOS and then in System Preferences | Startup Disk, select the macOS disk (depending on what you called it, such as Catalina or Macintosh HD) you want to be default and then click the Restart button.

That will then set that as your default option in OC. To change it just do the above and select another disk, which could be Windows or another installation of macOS, eg Big Sur on a different ssd.

I am using separate SSD M.2, one has Windows 10 and the other, has Catalina. The BIOS booting order is from the Catalina disk, or OPENCORE. This behavior of highlighting Windows choice has been fixed after my my system had update to 10.15.7, and since then it was running ok. Once I inserted another SSD to install Linux which I changed the booting sequence to get Linux up and then I reboot my system, the Windows choice turns default.

When I used Clover there was a choice from the Clover Configuration to set boot process order but here using OC I didn't find it or should it been renamed.

Regarding "Show Scroll Bar" yes I use to Google before asking for help but I believe this forum is pretty good to get fast answers, in special this thread addressed to the Gigabyte Z490 vision D and G.

Thanks @Ploddles I will check this.

@Ploddles
Thanks. Your suggestion has fixed the issue.
Regards, Csat.

Back