Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Looks like my Wifi isn't working with the OC-062-Intel-Wireless-VISION-D.
i have the Wifi icon in menubar but no networks scan and no wifi in network setting panel.:shifty:
BT seems to work fine.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-10-08 à 01.43.19.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-10-08 à 01.43.19.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Capture d’écran 2020-10-08 à 01.44.05.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-10-08 à 01.44.05.png
    177 KB · Views: 62
Hi, hello, first of all thank you for your contribution. The tutorial is very good. After using your guidance, I found that the front breathing light will not flash after sleep, and it will not light up at all. Normal sleep should be the breathing light will flash, right? , But can wake up,

Question to all running Z490 here: have any of you gotten the igpu above 0.15GHz in Intel Power Gadget under load? If so, what CPU model and what SMBIOS?

Thanks!
imac20,1 on Big Sur using the igpu in headless mode. Getting 2.1 GHz.

What cpu? (I’m on mobile) and do you recall if it was the same in Catalina?

10700k. I haven’t tried it with Catalina to be honest. I had serious bugs on that OS, ejecting all my usb drives on sleep. (I boot off of usb...) Big Sur doesn’t do that so I ditched Catalina.

@CaseySJ Fresh off success and the realization that the SK Hynix was a no go, I am looking at the Sabrent Rocket. I have read reviews on Amazon. Many reviews mention this, "important note is that it uses 4k byte sectors and has no 512 byte emulation (512e)" with regard to cloning (I will be cloning from a Samsung 970 EVO). Is this relevant?

@CaseySJ Fresh off success and the realization that the SK Hynix was a no go, I am looking at the Sabrent Rocket. I have read reviews on Amazon. Many reviews mention this, "important note is that it uses 4k byte sectors and has no 512 byte emulation (512e)" with regard to cloning (I will be cloning from a Samsung 970 EVO). Is this relevant?
The Sabrent Rocket is a very good choice for Hackintosh. There won’t be any issues with cloning because we don’t actually clone on a sector by sector basis. Carbon Copy Cloner just copies files from source to destination, so sector size differences between source and destination drives are inconsequential.

Tonight, I watched the breathing light on the front panel of the sleep under windows and it did not flash. It seems that the Gigabyte motherboard does not flash.

Hi, hello, first of all thank you for your contribution. The tutorial is very good. After using your guidance, I found that the front breathing light will not flash after sleep, and it will not light up at all. Normal sleep should be the breathing light will flash, right? , But can wake up,
Tonight, I watched the breathing light on the front panel of the sleep under windows and it did not flash. It seems that the Gigabyte motherboard does not flash.
If sleep and wake works then there's nothing to worry about.

Back