Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

[...]

Next step will be to test the behavior of splitting the both the HDMI signal and the DP signal.

Splitting the HDMI signal for a total of 4 HDMI displays (two pairs) including one HD television (at 60hz) and running alongside two DP monitors was not an issue at all. All HDMI monitors are 1920x1080. DP monitors are 3440x1440 and 2560x1440) and running of their each their own DP port on the RX 580.
Not sure right now if I will need to split the DP signal as well, but will let report back if I get to test it.

ds2-6-monitors.png

*** Using Intel WiFi 6 and Intel Bluetooth 5 on Z490 Vision D ***
Please do not quote this post in its entirety. Post a link instead.​

Great! I had been testing the itlwmx kext and the Bluetooth as well with Heliport, but this new version works so much better. With the previous version I got randomly disconnected all the time plus download speeds really sucked. I tried to update to the new version yesterday, and I couldn't do it. When I put the airport driver, I just couldn't boot. I didn´t have time to check the verbose screen to see what was causing the error so I just reversed, kept on with Heliport and the new version of itlwm. I don´t know what you did to be able to run airport, but I downloaded your EFI, and I just got it working. You´re the best Casey! :)

Still not the best download speeds but developing of these drivers is going fast and well.

On another side of things.... maybe you can help me out with an issue I´m having. I use the apple wired keyboard, and I can´t get the f3 and f4 keys to work. If I use them in conjunction with the fn key, mission control and launchpad are working fine, but whenever I try f3 and f4 without fn nothing happens. I even tried an online application to test it and it doesn't register any keystroke. I use these keys a lot for Cinema4d and After Effects, I know I can remap them inside the applications but I´d like to have them working OK. Any ideas?

Wow! this is awesome news! I know it says Thunderbolt 3 dock, but still this takes me back to my original question. Wouldn't this be like connecting a Thunderbolt display through a Thunderbolt 2 dock? I have an Elgato Thunderbolt 2 dock. I´d love to have my Thunderbolt display working. It´s been standing on my desk for 2 months now waiting to be sold...

On another side of things.... maybe you can help me out with an issue I´m having. I use the apple wired keyboard, and I can´t get the f3 and f4 keys to work. If I use them in conjunction with the fn key, mission control and launchpad are working fine, but whenever I try f3 and f4 without fn nothing happens. I even tried an online application to test it and it doesn't register any keystroke. I use these keys a lot for Cinema4d and After Effects, I know I can remap them inside the applications but I´d like to have them working OK. Any ideas?
I just connected my Apple wired keyboard and Fn-F3 and Fn-F4 are okay. In Firefox, for example, Fn-F3 opens the Find box at the bottom of the window. Have you tried Fn-F3 and Fn-F4 in other applications, including Firefox?

Anyone take the brave leap to F6 bios update?
Now running BIOS F6.

Warning:
  • CFG-Lock is enabled by default and must be disabled from the BOOT section.

200930211500.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Is anyone seeing this download error on a Hackintosh when attempting to update to the latest Big Sur Public Beta released today? This does not occur on a real Mac.

UPDATE: Set SecureBootModel to Disabled in Misc --> Security. Then it will work.

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 6.38.09 PM.png

4th Big Sur Public Beta:
Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 6.47.06 AM.png

Last edited:
I'll send you an SSDT to try shortly.

Update: Please try one of the attached SSDTs at a time. These have not been tested so you're the "COVID vaccine test subject"! ;)
@CaseySJ Thanks a lot. Will try probably tomorrow and report.

Back