Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

This is simply an OpenCore configuration issue. Please post a screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> PlatformInfo --> Datahub. You may blank out serial numbers.
Hey Casey,

Here is the PlatformInfo screen with serials numbers removed.
Thanks for looking at this.

Rand

Attachments

• PlatformInfo.jpg
    PlatformInfo.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 103
SSDT-GPRW is used in combination with the ACPI patch. The patch is already entered in the OpenCore config.plist, but needs to be enabled in the OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI --> Patch section.

Thanks a lot, CaseySJ!
This did the trick!

By the way, I have just installed a new copy of macOS 10.15.7 Catalina.
The system is less glitchy overall than Big Sur with the 5700 XT.
At boot, however, my screen often does not get detected. However, it is not such a fatal black screen as before: If I replug my screen connector, the screen turns on at correct resolution.
Seems like there is a need to manually map outputs for persistence.

Cheers!

*** Using Intel WiFi 6 and Intel Bluetooth 5 on Z490 Vision D ***
  • Boot macOS Catalina (or Big Sur if you replaced AirportItlwm.kext)
so no WiFi 6 yet ? Very interesting though to hopefully soon obviate the need for the fenvi

Thank you very much @CaseySJ for the detailed instructions and EFI folder. I have created two previous Hackintoshes from older prebuilt business computers and decided I wanted something using current components.

An observation: whilst I was waiting for the Graphics Card to arrive I used the builtin Intel graphics and noticed some problems with some apps viz, Safari behaved strangely on some pages, Firefox, Photos and OneDrive would not open. Installing the Radon RX580 and changing config files fixed that.

I have a YOUBO card on order but today tried out your fix for utilising the inbuilt Intel WiFi and Bluetooth and so far its looking good. Sidecar is not working and my Apple Watch does not unlock it yet, but otherwise its great.

A fabulous effort.

Thanks
Trev

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i5-10400-amd-rx-580.298642/post-2177384

May I make a suggested edit to the config file for the wifi kexts?

For those dual booting Catalina and Big Sur you say we need to replace one copy of the kext with another different copy. I would like to suggest that both versions of the kexts are placed in the kext folder, one/both of them renamed slightly for Catalina/Big Sur.

In the config file, a change to the MaxKernel and MinKernel values would then automatically load the correct kext, depending if you boot Catalina or Big Sur.

Hey Casey,

Here is the PlatformInfo screen with serials numbers removed.
Thanks for looking at this.

Rand
It may be that OpenCore Configurator updated the config file in the wrong EFI Partition. This problem occurs with both Clover Configurator and OpenCore Configurator. Actually it happens with BBEdit as well, namely:
  • If two EFI partitions are mounted at the same time,
  • and both of them have a file: EFI/OC/config.plist,
  • then if you open this file from one EFI partition,
  • it may get saved to the other EFI partition.
So please mount all EFI partitions one by one and confirm that the change is present in the right one.

Back