Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Well... this was interesting. I removed the Fenvi and sleep worked... the first time I tested it. Though the fans never fully shut off, it acted like it was sleeping. I put the case back together and sleep never worked again. No matter what I tried, it would always just shut down. So, I decided to rebuild the EFI from scratch (keeping the same serial numbers). I still left the Fenvi card out. I booted the BIOS and rebuilt the settings, then proceed to Mac boot with the "new" EFI. No difference except... now there is no entity (BIOS or Opencore) that can see my windows SSD to boot from it. The BIOS can see the disk, just not enough to see the boot files. What could have caused this?? I should have known better than to start this before the weekend. :lol: Oh, the NZXT controller has been disconnected the whole time.

I guess I'll try doing a fresh install this weekend on a spare drive and see if sleep starts to work then. BTW, does it matter what fan profile I set in the BIOS? Or does the MacOS always do its own thing after booting?

Thanks for the advice so far. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Ed

I built mine in a H710i and used the NZXT controller for the case fans. It never affected sleep/wake for me. Only the Fenvi card cause sleep/wake issues which I eventually replaced with a Youbo. So it may not be the controller.

I had a problem with sleep mode - the display became off and the computer shut down for a second but then start working again.
So I start searching for resolving this and... it was pretty simple - I just forget to uncheck "Wake for network access" (Energy Saver --> Wake for network access)
Now all works fine.

The only question I have - there are a lot of values for AAPL,ig-platform-id (that you can find here https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md), so what is the best one for my Core i7-10700K that I want to use in headless mode?

Have a few questions if grace can be extended for me

Again on my setup:

Vision D z490
I9-10900k
32GB 3600 RAM
GPU - Saphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+ SE

1. saw someone chose at setup iMac 20,1 vs per tutorial iMac19,1. Should I have done the same with my setup. Was there any benefit in choosing a newer iMac vs?

2. I have 2 x NVMe M.2 drives installed - one for Windows and one for macOS. First Windows drive is installed closest to CPU. I have the macOS drive installed in M2P_SB. Is that the right place to do install it or M2M_SB? Does it change anything if I get a second GPU for windows (RTX)

3. I was able to stabilize the monitor going off at load up using HDMI cable and switching the ports. I purchased the displayport but I can't make it work with that. Any suggestions?

Thank you

1. saw someone chose at setup iMac 20,1 vs per tutorial iMac19,1. Should I have done the same with my setup. Was there any benefit in choosing a newer iMac vs?

As I understand from some articles for i9-10900K you should use iMac 20,2, not the iMac 20,1. (It should be used for i5 and i7 CPU's configurations.)

I built mine in a H710i and used the NZXT controller for the case fans. It never affected sleep/wake for me. Only the Fenvi card cause sleep/wake issues which I eventually replaced with a Youbo. So it may not be the controller.
Hey,
I'm also using a H710i NZXT case but am not using the NZXT controller for the fans because I didn't think there was a Mac OS X application that would work with the NZXT controller. I'm using the controller for the lights and Casey's liquidctl but my fans are connected to the MB. I don't think Mac OS controls them either but am not completely sure (Novice here). Think they are controlled by BIOS. Anyway, if you know of a way that the NZXT controller can control the fans in Mac OS X, I would appreciate it if you would let me know.

Thanks so much!

Rand

A simple question that I don’t know if it has been answered before.
The blue ports works at USB 3.0 speeds? It seems it dosen’t for me. The other ones works correctly.
If this pertains to your Asus X99 EWS, it would be better to post this in the Catalina or Mojave Desktop Support forum.

@CaseySJ Is there a new version for the "SSDT-GPRW.aml" : "Disable wake from USB/Bluetooth; wake only with power button" ? I activated the one from the OC161 bundle in the OpenCore config, but USB keypresses still wake the system, unfortunately.
Would be very cool!

I only had it working on the Z390 Designare with Clover.
SSDT-GPRW is used in combination with the ACPI patch. The patch is already entered in the OpenCore config.plist, but needs to be enabled in the OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI --> Patch section.

The only question I have - there are a lot of values for AAPL,ig-platform-id (that you can find here https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md), so what is the best one for my Core i7-10700K that I want to use in headless mode?
Good question. We've been using 0x3E980003 (Coffee Lake), but latest builds of Catalina should natively support Comet Lake processors, so we could try 0x9BC50003 in reverse byte order: 0300C59B.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 6.33.28 AM.png

Have a few questions if grace can be extended for me

Again on my setup:

Vision D z490
I9-10900k
32GB 3600 RAM
GPU - Saphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+ SE

It's entirely optional to use iMac20,1/iMac20,2. But for new installations, this might be the most appropriate choice. Those who have switched to iMac20,1 have not reported any differences (yet). This will require the new USBInjectAll.kext version 0.7.6 as mentioned at the top of Post #1.
2. I have 2 x NVMe M.2 drives installed - one for Windows and one for macOS. First Windows drive is installed closest to CPU. I have the macOS drive installed in M2P_SB. Is that the right place to do install it or M2M_SB? Does it change anything if I get a second GPU for windows (RTX)
Both NVMe SSDs are installed in the right slots. If you add an Nvidia GPU, it will be necessary to hide it from macOS by using an SSDT that either hides Slot 1 or Slot 2. Both of these SSDTs are located at the bottom of the Designare Z390 build guide.
3. I was able to stabilize the monitor going off at load up using HDMI cable and switching the ports. I purchased the displayport but I can't make it work with that. Any suggestions?
Not sure I understand the question.

Good question. We've been using 0x3E980003 (Coffee Lake), but latest builds of Catalina should natively support Comet Lake processors, so we could try 0x9BC50003 in reverse byte order: 0300C59B.
Thanks a lot :thumbup: Will try this later today.

Back