Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

It might work. We'll try as much as we can to help you with that. Meanwhile, you can still try this with the Nitro+:
  • Are you using HDMI or DisplayPort cable?
  • If using HDMI, try switching to DisplayPort with the Sapphire Nitro+.
    • Try each of the DisplayPort connectors on the Nitro+ one by one. Reboot computer each time.
    • Also try disabling WhateverGreen from OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel section. The enable/disable checkbox is on the far right side of that table.

I am using the hdmi since I don't have the displayport cable. Will order one (are they backwards compatible? my monitor supports 1.2)

It worked after disabling WhateverGreen. Thank you so much. I guess is safe to cancel that order for the new card

It might work. We'll try as much as we can to help you with that. Meanwhile, you can still try this with the Nitro+:
  • Are you using HDMI or DisplayPort cable?
  • If using HDMI, try switching to DisplayPort with the Sapphire Nitro+.
    • Try each of the DisplayPort connectors on the Nitro+ one by one. Reboot computer each time.
    • Also try disabling WhateverGreen from OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel section. The enable/disable checkbox is on the far right side of that table.

I was able to disable WhateverGreen, installed the macos, all good. I moved the EFI folder into the Macos EFI partition, but now at the normal boot it does the same.

Weird

Edit: again entire installation was complete, booted in macos, copied EFI folder from usb partition to macos but now screen turns off after logo load. I tried booting from the usb EFI into the Macos, same issue

Or maybe i can use the **Mini-Guide for Fresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.4 and Newer ** from the z390 in the z490?
Not sure which configuration by luckyal you're referring to. Does the Digital Slate VRS require USB 2.0 protocol over USB-C port?

I was able to disable WhateverGreen, installed the macos, all good. I moved the EFI folder into the Macos EFI partition, but now at the normal boot it does the same.

Weird
Sorry, to be clear:
  • The same EFI folder is copied to both:
    • EFI partition of macOS SSD
    • EFI partition of USB flash disk
  • When you boot from USB flash disk (F12 at BIOS splash screen) then RX 5700 XT displays image on the monitor?
  • When you boot from the internal macOS SSD, then monitor goes black midway through the Apple Logo boot screen?

Sorry, to be clear:
  • The same EFI folder is copied to both:
    • EFI partition of macOS SSD
    • EFI partition of USB flash disk
  • When you boot from USB flash disk (F12 at BIOS splash screen) then RX 5700 XT displays image on the monitor?
  • When you boot from the internal macOS SSD, then monitor goes black midway through the Apple Logo boot screen?
Switched the hdmi ports again and it works

:)

Thank you very much

Hi All,

First post... because I have been quite fortunate on my Hackintosh builds in the past (Thanks in large part to this forum). This time I've got some issues that are frustrating me. I think I have just solved my Thunderbolt issue. Actually, it appears to be a non issue because my TB2 devices don't seem to like the mac booting while attached. I have to hot plug them to get them to work. TB3 devices (the one I have) works fine (attached while booting or hot plugged). So I will probably replace my TB2 dock at some point and see if that helps.

The real issue is sleep (for me and my machine :lol:). When I put it to sleep, the monitors go off within a few seconds. It takes another 30 seconds before everything in the case winds down. Later when I wake it, it becomes clear that it shutdown as if the plug was pulled. I see the Gigabyte logo and the OC picker. When the OS boots, I am greeted with an error message wanting to send a report to Apple (I have a snapshot of it, if needed). I have tried all the methods in the build guide (plus some others) with no luck. I'll find some way to live with it if I have to, but it is a workflow buzzkill without sleep.

Any ideas?

My configuration is:
Opencore 0.6.1 (iMac20,2)
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
Core I9 10900 (no K)
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX580
64GB of TeamGroup DRAM
Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi/BT card
Sabrent 1TB nvme (MacOS)
1 WD 1TB SSD (Virtual Instrument Sample Libraries)
1 SanDisk 480GB SSD (Windows 10)
Corsair RM750 Power Supply
NZXT H510i Case

Thanks,
Ed

Everything works as expected now, except two things:

1.) The Apple Magic Keyboard doesn't work on the login screen, if FileVault2 is enabled (Bluetooth connected). It works only after the password is entered.
Is there any fix available for this?

2.) Sleep problems? Once I've left my Hackintosh for 3 hours and came back, I just got a black screen. Hackintosh was on, fans were spinning, but couldn't get any picture.

3.) The 5700xt & all other graphic cards have lower benchmark scores. RadeonBoost doesn't work for Navi cards yet, because they say that Apple broke the SMU Firmware for Navi Cards in MacOS >=10.15.5

Especially I've same issue as you describes in point 2) Sleep problem ...

Helps only hard-reset of system, then everything comes back in normal.
Previous OpenCore was in this OK, I suppose that is something in latest changes ...

I've LG monitor, DP cable, DP 1.2 enabled.

Last edited:
I have read this entire post today and sprung for the parts for a new Hackintosh build.

I just wanted to say thanks for all your very informative posts on this board. My plan was to buy a Mac Pro, when I got done with the configuration I was at $8000. My wife said 8O

So here I am. Building my own Mac again. I will be using it for Final Cut Pro X Mainly. If have any additional pointers it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my parts list (I wanted a 10900k but I can not find any in stock)

Bequiet Pure Base 500DX Black
Seasonic Focus GX650W Gold PSU
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
Intel i9 10900 w/Bequiet Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler
64GB Corsair DDR4 3200
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB
Seagate EXOS 4TB Enterprise HDD (Storage)
Saphire Nitro+ Radeon RX5700XT 8GB Video Card
Fenvi BT/Wifi BCM4360/AC1200

Again thanks for all your hard work on this. I am hoping for a smooth install.!! :)

I have read this entire post today and sprung for the parts for a new Hackintosh build.

I just wanted to say thanks for all your very informative posts on this board. My plan was to buy a Mac Pro, when I got done with the configuration I was at $8000. My wife said 8O

So here I am. Building my own Mac again. I will be using it for Final Cut Pro X Mainly. If have any additional pointers it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my parts list (I wanted a 10900k but I can not find any in stock)

Bequiet Pure Base 500DX Black
Seasonic Focus GX650W Gold PSU
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
Intel i9 10900 w/Bequiet Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler
64GB Corsair DDR4 3200
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB
Seagate EXOS 4TB Enterprise HDD (Storage)
Saphire Nitro+ Radeon RX5700XT 8GB Video Card
Fenvi BT/Wifi BCM4360/AC1200

Again thanks for all your hard work on this. I am hoping for a smooth install.!! :)
Do not get the 10900 non-K! You should be able to find a 10850K in stock for around $400. It is nearly identical to the 10900K. But the non-K will be slower.
EDIT : Benchmarks here :

Back