Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Just change the file in the EFI partition. If you already signed in to iCloud, then transfer the following items from the current config.plist into the new one (in OpenCore Configurator --> PlatformInfo --> DataHub):
  • System Serial Number
  • SystemUUID
  • MLB (board serial number)
  • ROM

Thanks a lot

May I ask what is the best way to do that? Open both files and copy-paste the information?

Thanks a lot

May I ask what is the best way to do that? Open both files and copy-paste the information?
Sure, that will work.

Everything works as expected now, except two things:

1.) The Apple Magic Keyboard doesn't work on the login screen, if FileVault2 is enabled (Bluetooth connected). It works only after the password is entered.
Is there any fix available for this?

2.) Sleep problems? Once I've left my Hackintosh for 3 hours and came back, I just got a black screen. Hackintosh was on, fans were spinning, but couldn't get any picture.

3.) The 5700xt & all other graphic cards have lower benchmark scores. RadeonBoost doesn't work for Navi cards yet, because they say that Apple broke the SMU Firmware for Navi Cards in MacOS >=10.15.5

MLB & ROM show twice (once under generic section and once under NVRAM). Do I need to copy the generic section?

Thank you
The PlatformNVRAM section just copies what you enter in the Generic section. Only copy these 4 items:
Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 8.30.14 AM.png

I started fresh install with the proper config.plist for ADM

It's still having the same issue.

Is it possible that it's keeping the old EFI files in some memory?

I erased all partitions from the mac drive

I started fresh install with the proper config.plist for ADM

It's still having the same issue.

Is it possible that it's keeping the old EFI files in some memory?

I erased all partitions from the mac drive
Some questions/comments:
  • It might be that the Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT SE does not use reference video port layout. We generally don't recommend the "Nitro+" series or any special gaming-oriented modifications that some GPU vendors apply.
  • The safest choices for RX 5700 XT are:
    • PowerColor Red Dragon
    • Sapphire Pulse (not Nitro)
  • Other models are also okay, but the above two are the more common ones.
    • I have the PowerColor Red Dragon RX 5700 XT
Do you have a different AMD GPU you can try temporarily?

Some questions/comments:
  • It might be that the Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT SE does not use reference video port layout. We generally don't recommend the "Nitro+" series or any special gaming-oriented modifications that some GPU vendors apply.
  • The safest choices for RX 5700 XT are:
    • PowerColor Red Dragon
    • Sapphire Pulse (not Nitro)
  • Other models are also okay, but the above two are the more common ones.
    • I have the PowerColor Red Dragon RX 5700 XT
Do you have a different AMD GPU you can try temporarily?

Unfortunately I don't have another one to try temporary

I ordered one (before I saw your reply) from the recommended list (2nd card on the list). Should be here tomorrow morning:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GFBFJW3/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8G (rev 2.0) Graphics Card, PCIe 4.0, 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6, GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD REV2.0 Video Card

Do you think this will work?

Thank you

Unfortunately I don't have another one to try temporary

I ordered one (before I saw your reply) from the recommended list (2nd card on the list). Should be here tomorrow morning:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GFBFJW3/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8G (rev 2.0) Graphics Card, PCIe 4.0, 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6, GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD REV2.0 Video Card

Do you think this will work?

Thank you
It might work. We'll try as much as we can to help you with that. Meanwhile, you can still try this with the Nitro+:
  • Are you using HDMI or DisplayPort cable?
  • If using HDMI, try switching to DisplayPort with the Sapphire Nitro+.
    • Try each of the DisplayPort connectors on the Nitro+ one by one. Reboot computer each time.
    • Also try disabling WhateverGreen from OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel section. The enable/disable checkbox is on the far right side of that table.

Hi @CaseySJ thanks for the guide, today i upgrade from the z390 to the z490, but im wondering how can i apply all the configuration from the z390 explained by @luckyal to get the slate digital vrs8 work in here?
Or maybe i can use the **Mini-Guide for Fresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.4 and Newer ** from the z390 in the z490?

Back