Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Glad to hear the build is up and running. If you're using a wired USB mouse, try another USB port. If you're using a wireless USB mouse (such as Logitech Unifying mice) check for any metal objects in the line of sight between the USB Unifying Receiver and the mouse
I would like to add that if there's a USB stick or external storage drive near of the wired USB device port that can create interferences.
I know wired is for wired connection but a little usb cable extension can help with that

For those having black screen issues with AMD cards in the Vision D, I was having a black screen/flickering issue. I’m running a dual 1440p monitor setup, one monitor is 144hz the other is 60 Hz.

With my Radeon 7, the 144 Hz monitor (over hdmi) was encountering flickering and an eventual black screen (in both Catalina and Big Sur) soon after macOS boot if my fenvi wifi card had WiFi enabled and was connected to a network. However, either switching off WiFi or switching to DisplayPort (from HDMi) fixed the issue for me.

Last edited:
DP1.2 is sufficient. I think the only problem is that it is defaulting to YCbCr color instead of RGB and that you can't get it to output 4K 60Hz. Consider looking at Hackintool and Whatevergreen. There are separate threads for those.
could you tell me where such thread is located...?, that I don't go wrong, thanks!

Hi! I'm using the same hardware, used your EFI folder and all seem to work great. I have some questions. Is there a way to change the standard SATA controllers name and SSD/NVMe controller name to something else? Right now they show as GENERIC. I'm not sure if it is just cosmetic or they do affect performance. Thanks for the great guide.
This is purely cosmetic, but we can still change it in 2 steps:
Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 2.23.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 2.23.22 AM.png

Gigabyte Vision 3080:
1600796767334.png

Does anyone else here with an RX 5700XT experience a behavior that the monitor goes to sleep (black screen) between the Apple logo/progress bar and the desktop login?

-D
Mine does that all the time. Sometime I get worried that it will not boot. Does the same on my other machine with the RX 5600xt.

We can manually set the memory speed to 2933MHz without enabling XMP Profile. There's a pop-up menu with available memory speeds. The highest we should go is 2933MHz on DDR4.

Sorry to reply to such an old post. I'm about to build my hackintosh this week. I thought we were able to go up to 3733MHz now that the new MacBook and 13" MacBook Pro support ram at those speeds. Although I am surprised that the 2020 iMac is still only at 2666MHz. I have Dominator Platinum RGB at 3466HMz and don't mind under-clocking it and tightening up the timings if needed

Sorry to reply to such an old post. I'm about to build my hackintosh this week. I thought we were able to go up to 3733MHz now that the new MacBook and 13" MacBook Pro support ram at those speeds. Although I am surprised that the 2020 iMac is still only at 2666MHz. I have Dominator Platinum RGB at 3466HMz and don't mind under-clocking it and tightening up the timings if needed
3733 MHz is with LPDDR4X memory on Intel Ice Lake.

Apple's own Coffee Lake and Comet Lake systems, I believe, are still capped at either 2666 MHz or 2933 MHz.

However, we can definitely enable XMP Profile 1 and use 3200 MHz or 3600 MHz or faster memory. It is only when we experience problems that we should try disabling Profile 1 to see if that solves the problem.

Back