Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

AGDCDiagnose says you are connecting with four lanes of HBR2 as expected.

None of those show as HiDPI. I see only 3 resolutions. Something is wrong. What do you see when you hold option key and click scaled?

Why does it say "forced RGB mode (EDID override)"? If you are connecting via DisplayPort then you should not need to force RGB mode. If you are connecting via HDMI, then what port or adapter are you connecting the display to?

1. What I see when you hold option key and click scaled?
well, when I go 'System Preferences' under 'Display' and hold option key I see bottom right 'Detect Displays' and a bit more different resolution option, but Maximal is 1080p

Shot01.jpg

2. I'm not connected via HDMI, I connect from mainboard via (TB3 USB-C) to Monitor DP (cable USB 3.1 to DP) - it is NO adapter - it's just direct cable. Other (TB3 USB-C) slot I connect to Apollo UAD.

3. Why does it say forced RGB mode (EDID override), because of this:
The Dell P4317Q monitor displays the full spectrum of colours correctly when it receives the input signal from the OS as an RGB signal. The default colour display profile for this monitor on Mac OS is configured to transmit a YPbPr signal to the Dell P4317Q, thus rendering the black #000000 colour to be visibly displayed as dark grey. In the YPbPr mode all of the colours are displayed completely incorrectly and in unbalanced proportions
In order fix this problem and to achieve correct colour display functionality, a forced RGB mode color profile has to be implemented for the Dell P4317Q (and a number of other models of monitors that are not supported by Mac OS by default)

PS.: /update: Just installed Big Sur DP7 update and now I see a bit more resolution so I get 2560x1440 @ 60Hz, but 4k is not there:(

Last edited:
Let's add -v to the existing boot-args in OpenCore Configurator --> NVRAM. Then reboot and select Reset NVRAM from the OpenCore Picker (press <spacebar> to reveal this option on the right side). Keep this verbose mode turned on for a few days and each time the problem occurs, grab a photo.

So it finally happened again. Here is a picture of the -v.
IMG_0078.JPG

Hi

On Big Sur, the videos are not working in Apple Music, only music but no picture.

I wonder if HEVC is working properly.

I'm using last 0.6.1 OpenCore EFI version, with RX580.

Please, can you remind me which app to use to check HEVC decoding? Thanks. :)

• Do you have a valid ROM as shown below? Feel free to click the Generate button inside the red box to create a new one.
  • Is Serial Port disabled in BIOS?
View attachment 488581

From my experience so far:
- Sometimes when I start the system, the screen does not come on
- Sometimes when I start the system, the screen has a strange resolution (1280x800 or so) like single-link DVI
- Strange artifacts (but not so awful) in transparent list (e.g. in Finder)
- Quick look for images mostly only works on the second try
- UI performance is not better, but perhaps a bit more sluggish - but sluggish mouse cursor problem from RX 580 with Logitech is gone
- Same problems in 11.0 Big Sur Beta 6 and Catalina 10.15.6

Previous GPU:
Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse 8GB

New GPU:
Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse 8GB

Overall, I am surprised how unpolished this experience is, given that Apple uses this GPU in the iMac 2020.
But it is USABLE. I just hope these issues will be ironed out in the future.

With my current config file, I also do not have any temperature sensors in my iStat menus.
Is it because of dropped DMAR tables?

1. What I see when you hold option key and click scaled?
well, when I go 'System Preferences' under 'Display' and hold option key I see bottom right 'Detect Displays' and a bit more different resolution option, but Maximal is 1080p

View attachment 488606

2. I'm not connected via HDMI, I connect from mainboard via (TB3 USB-C) to Monitor DP (cable USB 3.1 to DP) - it is NO adapter - it's just direct cable. Other (TB3 USB-C) slot I connect to Apollo UAD.

3. Why does it say forced RGB mode (EDID override), because of this:
The Dell P4317Q monitor displays the full spectrum of colours correctly when it receives the input signal from the OS as an RGB signal. The default colour display profile for this monitor on Mac OS is configured to transmit a YPbPr signal to the Dell P4317Q, thus rendering the black #000000 colour to be visibly displayed as dark grey. In the YPbPr mode all of the colours are displayed completely incorrectly and in unbalanced proportions
In order fix this problem and to achieve correct colour display functionality, a forced RGB mode color profile has to be implemented for the Dell P4317Q (and a number of other models of monitors that are not supported by Mac OS by default)

PS.: /update: Just installed Big Sur DP7 update and now I see a bit more resolution so I get 2560x1440 @ 60Hz, but 4k is not there:(

Are you sure it’s a USB3.1 to DisplayPort cable? If so that could bit a source of the problem.

So it finally happened again. Here is a picture of the -v.
View attachment 488607
  • Is your system a dual or multi boot system with Windows and/or Linux?
  • Do any of your SSDs contain multiple partitions (EFI partition is okay)?
  • Mount EFI partition of macOS SSD, open the EFI folder, and post a screenshot.

From my experience so far:
- Sometimes when I start the system, the screen does not come on
- Sometimes when I start the system, the screen has a strange resolution (1280x800 or so) like single-link DVI
- Strange artifacts (but not so awful) in transparent list (e.g. in Finder)
- Quick look for images mostly only works on the second try
- UI performance is not better, but perhaps a bit more sluggish - but sluggish mouse cursor problem from RX 580 with Logitech is gone
- Same problems in 11.0 Big Sur Beta 6 and Catalina 10.15.6

Previous GPU:
Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse 8GB

New GPU:
Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse 8GB

Overall, I am surprised how unpolished this experience is, given that Apple uses this GPU in the iMac 2020.
But it is USABLE. I just hope these issues will be ironed out in the future.

With my current config file, I also do not have any temperature sensors in my iStat menus.
Is it because of dropped DMAR tables?
Please try the following in BIOS:
  • If CSM Support is enabled, turn it off
  • If CSM Support is disabled, turn it on

Please try the following in BIOS:
  • If CSM Support is enabled, turn it off
  • If CSM Support is disabled, turn it on

No difference.
It directly started into a black screen.
Boot resolution was stretched and awful like in good old 2011 hackintosh days. :lolno:
Hm...
But thanks a lot for this suggestion.

No difference.
It directly started into a black screen.
Boot resolution was stretched and awful like in good old 2011 hackintosh days. :lolno:
Hm...
But thanks a lot for this suggestion.
Does the Sapphire have a toggle switch on the card itself to flip between Silent and Overclock modes?

Does the Sapphire have a toggle switch on the card itself to flip between Silent and Overclock modes?

It does. I left it on default settings. I will toggle it and try again.

Back