Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Apple anounced change to intel 3 months after I got my G5 in 2005. I was so pissed - then when my G5 died after 7.5 yrs I built a purposed built hack out of its case- Sandy Bridge, then I was not pissed any longer.... hahaha
That’s the spirit...of redemption! :)

Continuity Camera? Why is this the first time I have heard of this? (Rhetorical question, ignore) I now know what it is. I guess I’m a Boomer still in an insulated Plato’s cave.

Please try this:
  • Disconnect the Windows SSD and perform a cold boot.
  • Does the problem disappear?
  • If not, then:
    • Insert the USB flash disk on another Mac or Hack
    • Mount the EFI partition of the USB flash disk
    • Inside the EFI folder, what sub-folders do you see?
      • Do you see BOOT?
      • Do you see OC?
      • Do you see any other folders?
Also feel free to compress and upload the entire EFI folder from the USB flash disk. I can see whether the same problem occurs on my system.
i left only one macos SSD and it is the same.
i can boot from SSD now.
i don't know why i copy the EFI on SSD to my USB but boot failed?

Attachments

• EFI on ssd boot OK.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 75
  • OC-061-VISION-D .zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 54
Hello @mirwaiz
  • Does the problem occur when using the USB SSDT (SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2) instead of USBPorts.kext?
  • In OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel, is XhciPortLimit checked ON?
Thanks for replying.
The problem occurs both these times:
  • SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2 + USBIinjectAll.kext + XhciPortLimit checked ON
  • Properly mapped USBPorts.kext
For port map,
  • I have set USB-C front header port to 9 for each direction SS01 and SS02 and 10 for HS01 because any USB 2 devices like iPhone get detected on HS01 bi-directionally using USB-C cable.
  • Back USB-C port is set to 10 as it is bi-directional
  • USB 2.0 hub to Internal 255,
  • USB 2 ports as 0 and
  • USB 3 ports as 3

Thanks for replying.
The problem occurs both these times:
  • SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2 + USBIinjectAll.kext + XhciPortLimit checked ON
  • Properly mapped USBPorts.kext
For port map,
  • I have set USB-C front header port to 9 for each direction SS01 and SS02 and 10 for HS01 because any USB 2 devices like iPhone get detected on HS01 bi-directionally using USB-C cable.
  • Back USB-C port is set to 10 as it is bi-directional
  • USB 2.0 hub to Internal 255,
  • USB 2 ports as 0 and
  • USB 3 ports as 3
One more quick comment: When you configured BIOS, did you start with Load Optimized Defaults (F7)? Also, were any CPU/Memory voltages and other settings modified in “Tweaker”?

To answer your questions:
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC is not strictly necessary, but it fixes SMBus support in macOS.
  • SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2 is explained in Post #1:
    View attachment 487351
  • SmallTreeIntel kext enables the Intel i211 Gigabit Ethernet port. The other Ethernet port (Intel i225) is supported by macOS itself.
Thanks for the answers. Regarding USB, I was referring to the V1 version not the V2. The V1 SSDT is disabled in your 0.6.1 config.plist wheres in mine it is enabled.Just wondering if it is needed or not.

Thanks for the answers. Regarding USB, I was referring to the V1 version not the V2. The V1 SSDT is disabled in your 0.6.1 config.plist wheres in mine it is enabled.Just wondering if it is needed or not.
Please see this post:
V2 is a newer version. Cannot have two USB port definition files active at the same time. Must choose one or the other.

Hey Casey,

Sorry to bother you mate - I've just seen theres the update to OpenCore (I'm currently on 0.6.0) as per your post 1. It looks like the new OpenCore has fixed some things worth upgrading for.

What are the steps necessary to migrate across? You very kindly guided me through this last time as I'm on the Vision G and I have far fewer SSDTs and Kexts than your Vision D 0.6.1 package?

I've attached a screenshot of my current ACPI / Kexts folder (from Macintosh HD EFI partition) as I appreciate I probably haven't explained this very well!

Thank you in advance dude you really are a star!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-09 at 12.59.03.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-09 at 12.59.03.png
    583.9 KB · Views: 70
Hey Casey,

Sorry to bother you mate - I've just seen theres the update to OpenCore (I'm currently on 0.6.0) as per your post 1. It looks like the new OpenCore has fixed some things worth upgrading for.

What are the steps necessary to migrate across? You very kindly guided me through this last time as I'm on the Vision G and I have far fewer SSDTs and Kexts than your Vision D 0.6.1 package?

I've attached a screenshot of my current ACPI / Kexts folder (from Macintosh HD EFI partition) as I appreciate I probably haven't explained this very well!

Thank you in advance dude you really are a star!
Because you have over 75 posts, you are eligible to use Private Mail. If you compress and post your EFI folder, I'll surgically upgrade OpenCore for your Vision G.

This is not something I can do for everyone for obvious reasons, but because of an issue with OpenCore Configurator 2.12.0.0, I can make an exception.

One more quick comment: When you configured BIOS, did you start with Load Optimized Defaults (F7)? Also, were any CPU/Memory voltages and other settings modified in “Tweaker”?
Yes BIOS was Reset at 2 places. One through Load Optimized Defaults and I also shorted the pin on motherboard to totally reset it. I have only Disabled CSM, enabled Windows 10 WHQL and disabled Serial port. Rest of the settings are unchanged with no overclocking or tweaking. CFG Lock is disabled by default on F6 BIOS of Vision G.

Back