Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Have you emptied your trash?
Yup.. It was completely empty.
This is what I got:

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 20.18.11.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 20.18.55.png

Hi! I´m back with new questions...
I´m wondering if there´s any kext I could try to boost my radeon 5600xt card.
I´ve been using cinema4d and prorender to test some 3d renders and I´m getting 2 minutes 50 seconds per frame in a scene on OSX (using metal) and 1:40 for the same scene in Windows (using openCl). If I use just OpenCl in OSX the render time reduces to 2:09.
Any help will be appreaciated!
If you're using iMac19,1 it may be good to try temporarily switching to iMacPro1,1 or even MacPro7,1 (but MacPro7,1 may require MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext (attached). iMacPro1,1 is the safer of the two options to try first.

Attachments

• MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 75
Yup.. It was completely empty.
This is what I got:

View attachment 487263View attachment 487264
I am not sure I am reading your EFI folder correctly but I would completely delete everything in the EFI folder. Empty trash and then check info again and see if everything is free. I you have 206MB available, then you should be good to go with your replacement EFI. If there is still only 24mb free then there must be something hidden in the folder.

Moving to another problem, I am getting regular hangs at the Gigabyte Splash Screen which I recover from by doing a Reset and Reboot or a Power Down and Reboot. I have even had to do a Clear CMOS on a couple of occasions.

Any idea what may be causing this as it is somewhat frustrating not knowing if my Hackintosh is actually going to boot successfully?
I have been having the same problem. I did get in touch with Gigabyte but I have not heard back from them. I also had this same problem with my Designare. After reading that people were having trouble with the Fenvi T919, I disconnected the Bluetooth USB cable and the machine started booting quickly into Catalina. (It was hanging on code 64 which can be usb related.) Today I replaced the T919 with the Fenvi 1200 and so far it seems ok. Don't know if it is a compatibility issue or if my card was bad. Once booted the BT and Wi-Fi did work properly.

I am not sure I am reading your EFI folder correctly but I would completely delete everything in the EFI folder. Empty trash and then check info again and see if everything is free. I you have 206MB available, then you should be good to go with your replacement EFI. If there is still only 24mb free then there must be something hidden in the folder.
I tried doing that but it didn´t work.. I ended up going to recovery mode and copying my entire EFI from the USB drive to the one inside the SDD and that worked perfectly. The command used was dd if=/dev/disk1s1 of=/dev/rdisk0s1

SLN9D on Vision G (at least in the early board releases).
Photos from two different reviews of Vision G:

Just found this information. All current steppings of i225V are suffering the same problem.

2.5GbE Intel I225-V V2 (SLNJY) compatibility issue still exists - Only 1Gbps with NETGEAR Switch

Do you also have an LG 4K monitor?
No got a Philips 40" 4k. I believe that it is relate to the AMD graphic card since before the 5600XT I had an old Nvidia 660GTX and it never happened

@CaseySJ Looking at your new 0.6.1 EFI that you have added on the first page. what is the SBUS-MCHC? I don't have it in my ACPI list. was it is 0.6.0?
Also in my EFI 0.6.0 I have UIAC VISION D V1 enable attribute set to Yes but in your config.plist, this attribute is set to No. shouldn't it be set to Yes?
Also I have noticed that I am using the smalltree kext but I can't remember why. looking on the net, I can't find any hints that would explain the reason why I am using this kext.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ
I am using Gigabyte Vision G and I have also mapped all the required ports correctly using your SSDT UIAC V2 for Vision G. I made my own USBPorts.kext using Hackintool and I use that one instead of any SSDTs. My hack works perfectly in all areas in Big Sur Dev Beta 6 / Public Beta 2. However, it does not go into sleep mode correctly. The screen turns off, but all motherboard and USB Keyboard / Mouse RGB lights remain ON.
I am also using your SSDT-USBW.aml and USBWakeFixup.kext. I have also injected correct power properties using Hackintool which were shown red previously. I am using iMacPro1,1 as SMBIOS and disabled bluetooth to wake up this device.
I am facing EXACTLY same problem on my other hack Gigabyte Z370N Wifi. I am using latest Official OpenCore 0.6.1 along with all latest kexts released yesterday.
Any pointers?

Back