Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Thanks for the advise. I´m aware of that. I just want to be able to restart in windows from mac and viceversa without going through OC´s bootpicker. I know bootcamp is needed to achieve this. In fact, I was able to install the bootcamp drivers using brigadier and now I´m able to restart in mac using the bootcamp icon from the tray. My only problem now is that the windows partition isn´t showing up in Startup Disk on the mac. Did anybody have any success with this? Is there any known workaround for this? This is the final detail for having the perfect hackintosh for me.View attachment 486446
For me i've installed Bootcamp drivers with Brigadier too, then i'm using Vmware Fusion to access it directly from the bootcamp volume (when i'm too lazy to reboot natively on Windows). Vmware worked a few minute and rename the "Windows" drive as "Bootcamp" and i can see it now on the Startup Disk menu.

For me i've installed Bootcamp drivers with Brigadier too, then i'm using Vmware Fusion to access it directly from the bootcamp volume (when i'm too lazy to reboot natively on Windows). Vmware worked a few minute and rename the "Windows" drive as "Bootcamp" and i can see it now on the Startup Disk menu.
Thanks for the answer... I tried renaming it directly in windows. The name of the C: drive is BOOTCAMP. Maybe it´s related with it being all caps? maybe I should try a different way to rename the drive? I did it straight from windows through right clicking the drive, then properties, then renamed it.
I will try the Vmware workaround...

So this is a defect, it looks it was not painted all the way, or maybe they change it to this now since this goes at the angle that follows the pattern so it is not randomly not painted so it sure what is this. I can order replacement on amazon and check it on the second one
Yes it was not painted properly. I agree you should replace the board while you can.

Thanks for the advise. I´m aware of that. I just want to be able to restart in windows from mac and viceversa without going through OC´s bootpicker. I know bootcamp is needed to achieve this. In fact, I was able to install the bootcamp drivers using brigadier and now I´m able to restart in mac using the bootcamp icon from the tray. My only problem now is that the windows partition isn´t showing up in Startup Disk on the mac. Did anybody have any success with this? Is there any known workaround for this? This is the final detail for having the perfect hackintosh for me.View attachment 486446
I'm not using Bootcamp and yet...
Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 1.40.42 PM.png

I installed Windows according to this:

Update: Just tested it and sure enough it works. Windows 10 becomes the default in OpenCore and gets booted up automatically.

Last edited:
Hi,
Quick question regarding "wake from sleep" and Corsair RM850i PSU.
"Corsair ICUE" app on Windows is working fine to use fan control setup on the PSU, but on Catalina, i have "wake from sleep" when the PSU stay connected to USB.
(tried on "internal" HS11 and HS07 at the back, but it's also waking from sleep)
Anybody tried with this kind of PSU connected?View attachment 486444
Otherwise very stable system for now. :thumbup:
Have you seen this spoiler in Post #1?

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 1.43.16 PM.png

View attachment 486448
Yes, as i remember, even without using Vmware Fusion, i was also able to see Windows in Startup Disk;)

View attachment 486448
I followed your procedure to install windows too! Step by step...
Maybe there's something wrong about the order of the partitions? I guess disk0 is the windows drive.
Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 17.51.59.png

I followed your procedure to install windows too! Step by step...
Maybe there's something wrong about the order of the partitions? I guess disk0 is the windows drive.
View attachment 486451
In your screenshot disk3 is a Windows disk where the TYPE field is Microsoft Basic Data. But this looks like a USB install disk with a capacity of 8GB.

If you have another Windows drive, it is not showing up. How was the Windows disk formatted? NTFS? No encryption added?

Here's the diskutil output from my system:
Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 1.55.29 PM.png

In your screenshot disk3 is a Windows disk where the TYPE field is Microsoft Basic Data. But this looks like a USB install disk with a capacity of 8GB.

If you have another Windows drive, it is not showing up. How was the Windows disk formatted? NTFS? No encryption added?

Here's the diskutil output from my system:
View attachment 486453
disk3 was just a pendrive I had. I should have removed it before posting it. My bad. Here it is again. Javier Seagate is an external USB disk so it should be ignored. Disk0 is the one with the windows installation.
Checking everything again I realised my windows drive isn't showing up in Disk Utility. I think it might be related with Paragon NTFS application. NTFS drive aren't showing in hackintosh after a few days of using it. I'll try and see if I can completely wipe it and restore the original NTFS mac driver...
Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 18.07.40.png

It's not showing here...
Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 18.07.53.png

disk3 was just a pendrive I had. I should have removed it before posting it. My bad. Here it is again. Javier Seagate is an external USB disk so it should be ignored. Disk0 is the one with the windows installation.
Checking everything again I realised my windows drive isn't showing up in Disk Utility. I think it might be related with Paragon NTFS application. NTFS drive aren't showing in hackintosh after a few days of using it. I'll try and see if I can completely wipe it and restore the original NTFS mac driver...
If you look at the TYPE column, you will see that all of those drives are Apple_APFS. So none of those in the screenshot is a Windows disk.

Anyway, disabling the Paragon NTFS driver might be a good idea. I think there's an option to disable it rather than uninstall it, but I haven't used Paragon NTFS in some time...

Back