Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

yes, I saw that and tried but I am stuck on step 3 and creating the correct script.

I tried

liquidctl -m Gigabyte -d 0 set PCHLED color fixed 0000FF

ERROR: Unexpected error with Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0 5702 Controller (experimental)

Traceback (most recent call last):

KeyError: 'pchled'

I am interested in reducing brightness for designare light all the way down and putting static red color or disabling it

and second

liquidctl -m giga -d 0 set sync color color-cycle --speed slowest

slowing other two in color cycle to slowest speed which I am getting with this I guess?
The channel names have changed to led1, led2, led3, .... Please see the first link in that section of Tech Talk, or just click below. To turn off the Designare LED we would type:
Code:
liquidctl -m Gigabyte set led3 color off
To turn off all LEDs:
Code:
liquidctl -m Gigabyte set sync color off
Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 10.10.15 AM.png

Some additional documentation for the driver is on GitHub:

The channel names have changed to led1, led2, led3, .... Please see the first link in that section of Tech Talk, or just click below. To turn off the Designare LED we would type:
Code:
liquidctl -m Gigabyte set led3 color fixed 000000
View attachment 486423
I saw it after I wrote there and I edit it and now I saw your reply..

I am interested in reducing brightness for designare light all the way down?

I turned it off with

liquidctl -m Gigabyte -d 0 set LED3 color OFF

Last edited:
I saw it after I wrote there and I edit it and now I saw your reply..

I am interested in reducing brightness for designare light all the way down?

I turned it off with

liquidctl -m Gigabyte -d 0 set LED3 color OFF
Very good. If you refresh the webpage you'll see that I updated my previous post a few minutes ago. By the way, when we use -m Gigabyte, we should omit -d 0.

Very good. If you refresh the webpage you'll see that I updated my previous post a few minutes ago. By the way, when we use -m Gigabyte, we should omit -d 0.

Thank you

Is there a way to change brightness all way down.

One question on your pictures of led lights your logo light is solid and I do it see those lights bulbs through the rust 4 letters like on mine it is so bright that you can hardly see first four letters. Is it like that on yours ? Why they made it like that ugly

Thank you

Is there a way to change brightness all way down.

One question on your pictures of led lights your logo light is solid and I do it see those lights bulbs through the rust 4 letters like on mine it is so bright that you can hardly see first four letters. Is it like that on yours ? Why they made it like that ugly
To reduce brightness we can use smaller values for RGB. Here are some examples:
  • RGB = FF0000 = Bright Red
  • RGB = 800000 = Medium Red
  • RGB = 100000 = Low brightness Red
  • RGB = FFFF00 = Bright Yellow
  • RGB = 101000 = Low brightness Yellow
Not sure what you mean about the "4 letters" -- can you post a picture (remove EXIF location information from the photo)? On my board all letters of the word "Designare" have the same intensity.

Last edited:
To reduce brightness we can use smaller values for RGB. Here are some examples:
  • RGB = FF0000 = Bright Red
  • RGB = 800000 = Medium Red
  • RGB = 100000 = Low brightness Red
  • RGB = FFFF00 = Bright Yellow
  • RGB = 101000 = Low brightness Yellow
Not sure what you mean about the "4 letters" -- can you post a picture (remove EXIF location information from the photo)? On my board all letters of the word "Designare" have the same intensity.

You see here for example on a blue one how I see 3 bulbs that are glowing so bright

Attachments

• 1AE32709-B245-4257-9285-73B55DBE0ADC.png
    1AE32709-B245-4257-9285-73B55DBE0ADC.png
    12.4 MB · Views: 52
  • AFC7EBED-670D-47BC-9D06-B8CB449167D6.jpeg
    AFC7EBED-670D-47BC-9D06-B8CB449167D6.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 51
You see here for example on a blue one how I see 3 bulbs that are glowing so bright
That is not right and it looks pretty bad. Maybe the factory did not apply a light diffuser to that part of the logo?

That is not right and it looks pretty bad. Maybe the factory did not apply a light diffuser to that part of the logo?

So this is a defect, it looks it was not painted all the way, or maybe they change it to this now since this goes at the angle that follows the pattern so it is not randomly not painted so it sure what is this. I can order replacement on amazon and check it on the second one

Attachments

• D7F0BA15-6077-4B0C-B135-5ECCCF4AA389.jpeg
    D7F0BA15-6077-4B0C-B135-5ECCCF4AA389.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • 4C6511A8-0A5F-4C04-83F4-F2DE5CF3C181.jpeg
    4C6511A8-0A5F-4C04-83F4-F2DE5CF3C181.jpeg
    680.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Hi,
Quick question regarding "wake from sleep" and Corsair RM850i PSU.
"Corsair ICUE" app on Windows is working fine to use fan control setup on the PSU, but on Catalina, i have "wake from sleep" when the PSU stay connected to USB.
(tried on "internal" HS11 and HS07 at the back, but it's also waking from sleep)
Anybody tried with this kind of PSU connected?Corsair RM850i-wake.jpg
Otherwise very stable system for now. :thumbup:

Bootcamp is meant to allow Windows to run on real Macs. The firmware (BIOS) of a real Mac is not what Windows expects, so Bootcamp is necessary to make the Mac compatible with Windows. Bootcamp also provides drivers for the devices built in to Apple Macs.

But the Vision D/G motherboard is already designed and built for Windows. Windows is the native operating system here. Installing Windows is just a matter of plug-and-play (i.e. create a Windows install USB using Media Creation Tool and boot).
Thanks for the advise. I´m aware of that. I just want to be able to restart in windows from mac and viceversa without going through OC´s bootpicker. I know bootcamp is needed to achieve this. In fact, I was able to install the bootcamp drivers using brigadier and now I´m able to restart in mac using the bootcamp icon from the tray. My only problem now is that the windows partition isn´t showing up in Startup Disk on the mac. Did anybody have any success with this? Is there any known workaround for this? This is the final detail for having the perfect hackintosh for me.
Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 17.22.41.png

Back