Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Try with WEG 1.39 I have that one and both safari and iMovie working properly. Also I am using your intel config since it had complete patch for igpu. I am using first dp and it is showing picture on a boot with igpu set as primary and I am using 1.1 Mac since with 19.1 Apple TV+ is not working and did not try iMovie with 19.1 maybe that is the reason
Just to confirm:
  • You are using Vision G?
  • Your monitor is connected to your Radeon VII via DisplayPort?
  • No on-board ports are connected to a monitor?
Because I'm not getting video output during BIOS and OpenCore Picker, it means this issue is independent of WhateverGreen. WEG is used after "ExitBootServices" has been called and the firmware (BIOS) has transferred control to macOS.

Just to confirm:
  • You are using Vision G?
  • Your monitor is connected to your Radeon VII via DisplayPort?
  • No on-board ports are connected to a monitor?

Yes I am using vision g but also my vision d was just delivered hour ago so I will install D and I will return G

Yes my monitor is connected to Radeon vii via DisplayPort first one

Nothing else is connected to monitor.

Using Big Sur with 1.1 and with weg 1.39 and your intel config plist with igpu set as primary

Last edited:
Yes I am using vision g but also my vision d was just delivered hour ago so I will install D and I will return G

Yes my monitor is connected to Radeon vii via DisplayPort first one

Nothing else is connected to monitor
Great...please try it with the Vision D, but hold on to that Vision G just in case!

If you created that Apple id on the hackintosh, it's likely that the hackintosh itself is blacklisted. Create a new apple id using an apple device and then try to sign in onto the hackintosh? If it's not blacklisted, then you can probably get your apple id unlocked and sign in again. If it's blacklisted, you have to change the serial numbers, ROM and UUIDs etc.
I created the 2 additional Apple ids on my android phone and then tried to log into Facetime/Messages on the hackintosh which it wouldn't let me do.

Guess I'll try to change the serial number/Rom/UUID again and start over. May just reinstall Catalina from scratch incase I'm missing something I'm supposed to delete and it's linking my old hackintosh to the new one. I'll try with an Invalid serial this time.

Have tried generating the info with both Opencore Configurator and GenSMBIOS so far. Neither seems to have worked for me correctly.

Not sure how many times I can change the Serial/UUID before the entire computer hardware gets blacklisted... or if that's a possibility?

Great...please try it with the Vision D, but hold on to that Vision G just in case!

I just installed Vision D and everything is the same and working and I see booting while igpu is primary and iMovie and safari working and apple + and rendering and everything except sidecar since I am using 1.1

here are the scores with Vision D, using Intel Config with WEG 1.39 ImacPro 1.1 and IGFX as primary

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 6.20.58 PM.png

Last edited:
Although the question of 'better' can be complicated to answer, we can instead ask 'which 5700 XT cards are known to work well in a Hackintosh?'

Some answers to that question are:
Only the MSI card is currently known to have issues (although a patch is available).

Thanks for the info !

Append ‘skikigva=80’ to your ‘boot-args’ NVRAM variable.
This did not work for me. Only way to have apple tv working was to add shikivga not in the boot arg but in the igpu section in device properties

So switching from G to D and what I do not like is this RGB light where you can see 3 bright led lights and you can not even read the letters. Why they did not put it little bit below those letters so it is not visible and now it does not even save in bios settings so I have to look at it so bright.

Is there a way to turn off just this Designare light in OSX, I can not stand this and if not I am returning this MB it really drives me crazy.

Attachments

• 41D0C6B1-EB81-4FBE-88B8-F3B1221E7D4F.jpeg
    41D0C6B1-EB81-4FBE-88B8-F3B1221E7D4F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
CaseySJ, I just want to thank your for providing us with an excellent Hackintosh and with an enormously smooth, fast and simple process to get our Z490's working like we want them. Your time and effort spent for this community is very much appreciated. Don't know in which part of the world you're spending your day to day life, but I'd love to buy you a beer (remotely).

Back