Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hmmm. That's what I was thinking. But why would the 2 totally newly created AppleIDs also show a message to call customer support? Just want to make sure nothing it wrong with my system first that is making the IDs get flagged... I did everything correct as far as I can tell. Unless I got unlucky and someone already is using my ROM or System UUID.

The new serial I used was one that showed up as Purchase Date Not Validated. The old serial showed up as Isn't Valid. So not sure which one to go with.

Unless I'm not deleting something that is raising a flag, but I think I've deleted everything I'm supposed to (Preferences/SystemConfiguration/etc.. Even the keychain folder).

My next step may have to be to reinstall Catalina from scratch with another new Serial/MLB/etc...

If you created that Apple id on the hackintosh, it's likely that the hackintosh itself is blacklisted. Create a new apple id using an apple device and then try to sign in onto the hackintosh? If it's not blacklisted, then you can probably get your apple id unlocked and sign in again. If it's blacklisted, you have to change the serial numbers, ROM and UUIDs etc.

Based on some searches I've selected Profile 1 first and then made a change to Advanced Memory Settings/Memory Channels Timing/Channels Advanced Timing Control/tRC from Auto to 56. Took some runs up to 44 after change, but booted successfully. And no more runs up to 44/rerun after the initial boot.

I've had some weird freezes and decided to return the Corsair Vengeance after all. Now running on the g.Skill TridentZ as recommended. No more freeze.

Also: the listed Brightnesss Control app did not work with my setup (Keychron keyboard & LG UW monitor). Couldn't pick up the F1 and F2 keys. Also noted the author says he's no longer working on this tool. Switched to Monitor Control v2.0.0 and working like a charm. Also provides volume control for the monitor which is nice.

Last edited:
how you add shikivga to the igpu? Thanks
This can be added to DeviceProperties in OpenCore Configurator, in the section for iGPU (same place where you specify 0x3E9B0007).

with 0300983E both cards are stuck at 0% utilization for the 7 minutes while rendering, with 07009B3E and without WEG and IGPU set as primary in bios both card are utilized 99% radeon and 55% IGPU which is what it should be.

Also with this both cards are in system report under Graphics/Display showing on 1.1 and that is how it is on real mac you will see both cards there.

Now I tried to change it back again to 19.1 with all of changes and sidecar works even without WEG and with 07009B3E and rendering time for h264 same video is 3:09 minutes vs 2:38 on 1.1 so little bit slower but you get sidecar.

Maybe perfect solution would be 20.2 but cant test it now on Big Sur.

Tried also Burce test for Final Cut where you have to select pro res 442 LT and there 19.1 ended in 6 seconds vs 8 seconds on 1.1 so for pro res it looks it is faster with imac 19.1.

Tried now to put again Radeon as primary in bios and with it and 07009B3E final cut crashes and it will not open so it only works as it should when everything looks like on real mac both cards stated under graphics/display and that is only possible if you select igpu as primary

Update:
just tried with WEG 1.35 and with that one H264 rendering working in final cut and both card utilized with IGPU as primary and 07009B3E.

Will try now WEG 1.40 (tried WeG 1.40 but it crashes final cut on rendering)

will try now WEG 1.39, yes with WEG 1.39 rendering works fine if you are using 07009B3E with IGPU as primary and both card visible under the Graphics/Display, tested with Vega 56 and Radeon VII so if you need WEG you can use 1.39.

Another thing is with 19.1 utilization for Radeon is 80% while rendering h264 and 50% for iGPU and on 1.1 Radeon is 99% with 50% iGPU, that is why 1.1 is little bit faster.

I think that default setup for this should be this approach 07009B3E with IGPU as primary, you will still get the output on your monitor hooked to your real GPU and everything working, you will get 300% faster rendering, do not see why someone will use other method? What is the benefit?

I also tried your 07009B3E from config-Intel-iGPU.plist and that one also works so you can all try using config-Intel-iGPU.plist and rename it to config.plist and put as a primary IGPU in Bios and remove WEG 1.41 ( you can put WEG 1.39 if needed) and go check your rendering time before and after

Update
With 19.1 using this method Apple TV is not playing videos while on 1.1 it does
I tried this on my Z490 Vision D both yesterday and again just 10 minutes ago, but without success:

First, I modified the config.plist as follows:
  • Unchecked WhateverGreen.kext:
    Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 6.56.35 AM.png
  • Copied-and-pasted your DeviceProperties for iGPU into my config.plist using BBEdit:
    Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 6.55.30 AM.png

• Unchecking WhateverGreen means that all of the above framebuffer-xxx-xxx properties will be ignored.
Then:
  • After changing BIOS --> Initial Display Output to IGFX, but leaving the HDMI cable connected to the AMD RX 580, there is no video output during BIOS or OpenCore.
  • But quickly moving the HDMI cable to on-board HDMI port reestablishes video output (this is expected, because Initial Display Output is IGFX). Now I could see the OpenCore Picker.
  • So I selected Catalina and pressed enter, then quickly moved the HDMI cable to the AMD RX 580. I was able to see the Catalina login screen (via the RX 580).
Then:
  • System Preferences --> Graphics/Displays shows both GPUs:
    Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 6.33.40 AM.png
  • But iMovie crashes:
    Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 6.32.27 AM.png
  • All web pages in Safari exhibit this problem:
    Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 6.32.42 AM.png
  • AMD RX 580 GPU Compute Benchmarks:
Platform 0x3E9B0007
Initial Display = IGFX
No WhateverGreen
Platform 0x3E980003 (headless)
Initial Display = PCIe 1 Slot
with WhateverGreen
Metal
46,905​
47,969​
OpenCL
42,602​
43,195​

Conclusion:
  • On the Z490 Vision D, using headless platform ID 0x3E980003 produces better GPU speeds, allows iMovie and Safari to run properly, and introduces no issues with HDMI on the AMD GPU.

Last edited:
Append ‘skikigva=80’ to your ‘boot-args’ NVRAM variable.

Sorry. I understood that there is another way when just for igpu when I read your post. Shikigva=80 is already there in boot-arg by default in CaseySJ efi.

I tried this on my Z490 Vision D both yesterday and again just 10 minutes ago, but without success:

First, I modified the config.plist as follows:
  • Unchecked WhateverGreen.kext:View attachment 486286
  • Copied-and-pasted your DeviceProperties for iGPU into my config.plist using BBEdit:View attachment 486285
  • Unchecking WhateverGreen means that all of the above framebuffer-xxx-xxx properties will be ignored.
Then:
  • After changing BIOS --> Initial Display Output to IGFX, but leaving the HDMI cable connected to the AMD RX 580, there is no video output during BIOS or OpenCore.
  • But quickly moving the HDMI cable to on-board HDMI port reestablishes video output (this is expected, because Initial Display Output is IGFX). Now I could see the OpenCore Picker.
  • So I selected Catalina and pressed enter, then quickly moved the HDMI cable to the AMD RX 580. I was able to see the Catalina login screen (via the RX 580).
Then:
Platform 0x3E9B0007
Initial Display = IGFX
No WhateverGreen
Platform 0x3E980003 (headless)
Initial Display = PCIe 1 Slot
with WhateverGreen
Metal
46,905​
47,969​
OpenCL
42,602​
43,195​

Conclusion:
  • On the Z490 Vision D, using headless platform ID 0x3E980003 produces better GPU speeds, allows iMovie and Safari to run properly, and introduces no issues with HDMI on the AMD GPU.

Just try your intel config and remove there weg or add 1.39 and select igpu as default. I have picture on Radeon via DP when booting when igpu is default. Also try different ports on the gpu or maybe weg is necessary for hdmi so try with version 1.39

Just try your intel config and remove there weg or add 1.39 and select igpu as default. I have picture on Radeon via DP when booting when igpu is default. Also try different ports on the gpu or maybe weg is necessary for hdmi so try with version 1.39
I just tried a DP-to-DP cable connected to the 1st DP port on the AMD RX 580 and then to the 2nd DP port. Unfortunately, the same result:
  • No video output from AMD GPU when Initial Display Output is set to IGFX.
  • When system boots, iMovie and Safari still exhibit the same behavior.

I just tried a DP-to-DP cable connected to the 1st DP port on the AMD RX 580 and then to the 2nd DP port. Unfortunately, the same result:
  • No video output from AMD GPU when Initial Display Output is set to IGFX.
  • When system boots, iMovie and Safari still exhibit the same behavior.

Try with WEG 1.39 I have that one and both safari and iMovie working properly. Also I am using your intel config since it had complete patch for igpu. I am using first dp and it is showing picture on a boot with igpu set as primary and I am using 1.1 Mac since with 19.1 Apple TV+ is not working and did not try iMovie with 19.1 maybe that is the reason

Attachments

• 83625C70-3BC6-4FE8-946A-55AB48215FA1.jpeg
    83625C70-3BC6-4FE8-946A-55AB48215FA1.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 50
Back