Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hey all! I'm new to HWmonitorSMC2 (coming over from iStat Menus) it is also not giving me much info. Is there something other than VirtualSMC and it's related kexts that I need to install? See attached, and thanks!

EDIT: I Figured it out, I needed to generate the .plist and stick it inside the application/Contents/Shared Support/

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 9.17.39 PM.png

Last edited:
Yes, those are the relevant parameters. OpenCore Configurator can do that with one-click:
View attachment 486238
Then click the Generate button next to ROM.

Feel free to try it. Hopefully there's not a larger issue with your AppleID, in which case this might not help.

Issue Resolved. See update at:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i5-10400-amd-rx-580.298642/post-2168904

-----------------
See update a couple posts below at: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...10400-amd-rx-580.298642/page-199#post-2168290

@CaseySJ Ok, I'll try that next. If that still doesn't work, I'll have to call Apple Support and talk my way thru it. Tell them I tried to sign in on a friend's Mac or something. I already removed my previous Hackintosh from iCloud just in case it was messing things up.

Couple questions:
1. As far as serial number, any opinion on using one that "Isn't Valid" vs "Purchase Date not Validated"?

2. Do I need to boot from my USB stick's OpenCore/EFI into my system to change it's config.plist or can I just do it from within my systems current EFI that I'm about to change?

3. Are there any files or other things I should delete beforehand so it doesn't link my "new" computer to my current one? Preferences, or something I'm not thinking about?

Appreciate all your help on this.

Last edited:
Maybe this has to do with the alphabetical order of the GPU names. We know that some applications prioritize the GPU that appears first when sorted alphabetically. These are the default GPU names:

• Intel UHD 630
  • Radeon VII

So if we rename Radeon VII to AMD Radeon VII, I wonder if that will achieve the intended effect? This can be done by adding an entry in OpenCore Configurator --> DeviceProperties. We need to obtain the PCI path of the Radeon (Hackintool --> PCIe can do this) and then add a name and/or model field.

with 0300983E both cards are stuck at 0% utilization for the 7 minutes while rendering, with 07009B3E and without WEG and IGPU set as primary in bios both card are utilized 99% radeon and 55% IGPU which is what it should be.

Also with this both cards are in system report under Graphics/Display showing on 1.1 and that is how it is on real mac you will see both cards there.

Now I tried to change it back again to 19.1 with all of changes and sidecar works even without WEG and with 07009B3E and rendering time for h264 same video is 3:09 minutes vs 2:38 on 1.1 so little bit slower but you get sidecar.

Maybe perfect solution would be 20.2 but cant test it now on Big Sur.

Tried also Burce test for Final Cut where you have to select pro res 442 LT and there 19.1 ended in 6 seconds vs 8 seconds on 1.1 so for pro res it looks it is faster with imac 19.1.

Tried now to put again Radeon as primary in bios and with it and 07009B3E final cut crashes and it will not open so it only works as it should when everything looks like on real mac both cards stated under graphics/display and that is only possible if you select igpu as primary

Update:
just tried with WEG 1.35 and with that one H264 rendering working in final cut and both card utilized with IGPU as primary and 07009B3E.

Will try now WEG 1.40 (tried WeG 1.40 but it crashes final cut on rendering)

will try now WEG 1.39, yes with WEG 1.39 rendering works fine if you are using 07009B3E with IGPU as primary and both card visible under the Graphics/Display, tested with Vega 56 and Radeon VII so if you need WEG you can use 1.39.

Another thing is with 19.1 utilization for Radeon is 80% while rendering h264 and 50% for iGPU and on 1.1 Radeon is 99% with 50% iGPU, that is why 1.1 is little bit faster.

I think that default setup for this should be this approach 07009B3E with IGPU as primary, you will still get the output on your monitor hooked to your real GPU and everything working, you will get 300% faster rendering, do not see why someone will use other method? What is the benefit?

I also tried your 07009B3E from config-Intel-iGPU.plist and that one also works so you can all try using config-Intel-iGPU.plist and rename it to config.plist and put as a primary IGPU in Bios and remove WEG 1.41 ( you can put WEG 1.39 if needed) and go check your rendering time before and after

Update
With 19.1 using this method Apple TV is not playing videos while on 1.1 it does

Last edited:
@CaseySJ Ok, I'll try that next. If that still doesn't work, I'll have to call Apple Support and talk my way thru it. Tell them I tried to sign in on a friend's Mac or something. I already removed my previous Hackintosh from iCloud just in case it was messing things up.

Couple questions:
1. As far as serial number, any opinion on using one that "Isn't Valid" vs "Purchase Date not Validated"?

2. Do I need to boot from my USB stick's OpenCore/EFI into my system to change it's config.plist or can I just do it from within my systems current EFI that I'm about to change?

3. Are there any files or other things I should delete beforehand so it doesn't link my "new" computer to my current one? Preferences, or something I'm not thinking about?

Appreciate all your help on this.

So as an update... I went thru and changed all my info. New Serial, System ID, Board Serial Number, Hardware UUID, and ROM. Deleted a bunch of stuff following the Dortania guide and even created a new Apple ID to test out (Did use my same name and phone number to create it as my original Apple ID, in case that matters). Hit spacebar at OpenCore loader and selected Reset NVRAM.

Tried logging into FaceTime with the new Apple ID, and got the same error message:
"You cannot sign in to FaceTime on this Mac at this time. Contact Apple Support and provide the code below.
Customer Code: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
Apple ID: [email protected]"

No idea what is going on... Not sure if I forgot to delete something else I should of that could be linking the old EFI config info to the new info... or what happened.
Could setting BootProtect to None cause any issues? Just thinking out loud here.

Last edited:
Update:
just tried with WEG 1.35 and with that one H264 rendering working in final cut and both card utilized with IGPU as primary and 07009B3E.

will try now WEG 1.39, yes with WEG 1.39 rendering works fine if you are using 07009B3E with IGPU as primary and both card visible under the Graphics/Display, tested with Vega 56 and Radeon VII so if you need WEG you can use 1.39.

Another thing is with 19.1 utilization for Radeon is 80% while rendering h264 and 50% for iGPU and on 1.1 Radeon is 99% with 50% iGPU, that is why 1.1 is little bit faster.

I think that default setup for this should be this approach 07009B3E with IGPU as primary, you will still get the output on your monitor hooked to your real GPU and everything working, you will get 300% faster rendering, do not see why someone will use other method? What is the benefit?

I also tried your 07009B3E from config-Intel-iGPU.plist and that one also works so you can all try using config-Intel-iGPU.plist and rename it to config.plist and put as a primary IGPU in Bios and remove WEG 1.41 ( you can put WEG 1.39 if needed) and go check your rendering time before and after

Update

Try using -disablegfxfirmware as bootflag. With this I can boot and use every WEG version.
Did you also see differences in GPU usage between FCPX 10.4.8 and 10.4.9?
For me (while editing), FCPX 10.4.8 was using iGPU much more where as 10.4.9 is using dGPU much more.

So as an update... I went thru and changed all my info. New Serial, System ID, Board Serial Number, Hardware UUID, and ROM. Deleted a bunch of stuff following the Dortania guide and even created a new Apple ID to test out (Did use my same name and phone number to create it as my original Apple ID, in case that matters). Hit spacebar at OpenCore loader and selected Reset NVRAM.

Tried logging into FaceTime with the new Apple ID, and got the same error message:
"You cannot sign in to FaceTime on this Mac at this time. Contact Apple Support and provide the code below.
Customer Code: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
Apple ID: [email protected]"

No idea what is going on... Not sure if I forgot to delete something else I should of... or what happened.

Yeah. Your ID is pretty much blacklisted. I had the same thing happen in 2016 with an X99 Hackintosh. I had to call to get it fixed.

I did have genuine apple devices on my account along with a lot of purchases and multiple credit cards attached. So I'm not sure if that was a big factor or not.

When I called, I just pretended that I was signing again into my macbook and iphone and this was what was showing up. I feigned complete dumbness.

with 0300983E both cards are stuck at 0% utilization for the 7 minutes while rendering, with 07009B3E and without WEG and IGPU set as primary in bios both card are utilized 99% radeon and 55% IGPU which is what it should be.

Also with this both cards are in system report under Graphics/Display showing on 1.1 and that is how it is on real mac you will see both cards there.

Now I tried to change it back again to 19.1 with all of changes and sidecar works even without WEG and with 07009B3E and rendering time for h264 same video is 3:09 minutes vs 2:38 on 1.1 so little bit slower but you get sidecar.

Maybe perfect solution would be 20.2 but cant test it now on Big Sur.

Tried also Burce test for Final Cut where you have to select pro res 442 LT and there 19.1 ended in 6 seconds vs 8 seconds on 1.1 so for pro res it looks it is faster with imac 19.1.

Tried now to put again Radeon as primary in bios and with it and 07009B3E final cut crashes and it will not open so it only works as it should when everything looks like on real mac both cards stated under graphics/display and that is only possible if you select igpu as primary

Update:

Update
I am not sure if it will help but I had an issue with Apple TV on 19,1. I followed the post installation DRM guide, added shikivga=80 to the boot argument but Apple Tv kept crashing. OC guide also suggests to add shikivga to either the boot arg or the IGPU. Adding shikivga to the igpu fixed the issue of apple tv crashing.

I am not sure if it will help but I had an issue with Apple TV on 19,1. I followed the post installation DRM guide, added shikivga=80 to the boot argument but Apple Tv kept crashing. OC guide also suggests to add shikivga to either the boot arg or the IGPU. Adding shikivga to the igpu fixed the issue of apple tv crashing.
how you add shikivga to the igpu? Thanks

Yeah. Your ID is pretty much blacklisted. I had the same thing happen in 2016 with an X99 Hackintosh. I had to call to get it fixed.

I did have genuine apple devices on my account along with a lot of purchases and multiple credit cards attached. So I'm not sure if that was a big factor or not.

When I called, I just pretended that I was signing again into my macbook and iphone and this was what was showing up. I feigned complete dumbness.

Hmmm. That's what I was thinking. But why would the 2 totally newly created AppleIDs also show a message to call customer support? Just want to make sure nothing it wrong with my system first that is making the IDs get flagged... I did everything correct as far as I can tell. Unless I got unlucky and someone already is using my ROM or System UUID.

The new serial I used was one that showed up as Purchase Date Not Validated. The old serial showed up as Isn't Valid. So not sure which one to go with.

Unless I'm not deleting something that is raising a flag, but I think I've deleted everything I'm supposed to (Preferences/SystemConfiguration/etc.. Even the keychain folder).

My next step may have to be to reinstall Catalina from scratch with another new Serial/MLB/etc...

It should say "Install macOS Catalina.app does not appear to be a valid OS installer application". Are you sure it only says "macOS Catalina.app does not appear to be a valid OS installer application"?
  1. Please post a screenshot of Terminal where we can see the command you entered and the reply that you received.
  2. Also check the size of "Install macOS Catalina". Simply right-click on the file in Finder and select Get Info.

Thank you, now it works.. Don't knowScreenshot 2020-08-28 at 18.39.33.png why.. All I did differnt was in the get info screen unlock the lock icon and then it worked...

Back